Meeting #19 (Fantastic4 & Dinner in Baton Rouge)

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi everyone,

I propose we do the following on July 8th no earlier than 7 PM (see MY CALENDAR, I have to work.):

The 9th is an option if Friday night is no good for most. If Saturday night would be easier, PLEASE mention this.

1. Gather together to view Fantastic4 at a theatre in Baton Rouge, LA.

2. Grab something to eat after the show in order to socialize a bit with friends old & new. We can decide on this as a group while waiting for the show to begin. We will want to arrive early for good seats, of course :D

Can we get a volunteer to assist in the organization of this meeting from the Baton Rouge area?
  2. Darth_Angel Jedi Knight

star 1
    ... i think it's a great idea (plus my birthday is july tenth). i live in baton rouge, maybe i could help?
  3. Soler-Vector Jedi Knight

star 1
    saterday whod be grate for me.
  4. DarthGuido Jedi Knight

star 1
    As with everything else, this will depend on if I'm home. But normally weekends are better for me if I'm around.
  5. Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Friday or saterday would be good for me.
  6. crestfallen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I ain't watching that crap.
  7. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey swamp what are plans for the meeting. it comes out next weekend you know.
  8. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yikes! I forgot it was so close. Thanks. I will send out an eMail tomorrow to remind everyone to RSVP and we need to make reservations at a restaurant I suppose. And choose a theatre. I need to read the rest of this thread to refresh my memory on what was already discussed. I'll post again in the morning.
  9. Soler-Vector Jedi Knight

star 1
    the move dosent come out till the 8th.but i cant go till the 9th.
  10. theta_q Jedi Padawan

Hey I should be able to make it SAT or FRI, how many people or going?? I could drive no problem, but I'll need a passenger that knows their way around baton Rouge cuz I sure don't!!!
  11. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    the 9th it is. we will be going to the UA Citiplace theater. not sure what feature we are going to, but it will be either the 7:45 or 10:30 feature. sorry for such a late feature but swampsurfer has to work that day unitl 6 i think. as for dinner, im not sure about that either. once we get a secure time, purchase your ticket on fandango.com. see yall there.
  12. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    7:45 PM. I can do that. Any later, and I couldn't make it. Also, if the majority wants to meet at an earlier time, I would understand. I just wouldn't be able to make it. However, if 7:45 PM is good, then I'll be there. Just let me know & I'll send out a reminder eMail.
  13. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    :eek: Crap! I ran the recovery disk on my laptop before backing up my address book. My mailing list is destroyed. I won't have the time to put it together before this meeting. Therefore, I can't send out a solid eMail for this one. PLEASE R.S.V.P in this thread before Friday, so I can get a good count on how many folks we need to make reservations for. Sorry. :(
  14. Soler-Vector Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry guys but i want beabale to go .
  15. Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wont be able to make this one. i just got back back from my honeymoon yesterday and i'm a bit more broke than i expected. :(
  16. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nope, I will be at work.
  17. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Happy belated honeymood! :D
  18. Mando_Ithorian Jedi Padawan

What he said!

Also, SwampDre, I already knew I had to work that night, but now I've had someone up and quit on me at work, so I don't know when I'll ever have a day off again! [face_tired]

Hope y'all have a good time! And hope I get to see the flick this year, before it leaves the cinemas!
  19. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    is anyone from baton rouge coming to this meeting?
  20. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    I plan to be there if ya'll still decide to come.
  21. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I still plan to go, but this is not lookin' good.
  22. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, this is sad, but it only looks like it will be three of us, with a possible two. So, perhaps, it will be only 5.

Swampsurfer
    wicket_the_ewok
    Lord_Sidious

possibly,
    Theta_Q and Darth_Angel.

If anyone else plans on going this night, you are more than welcome to join us.

We will meet on the right hand side of the lobby, inside the United Artist Citiplace 11 theatre. The feature you should get your ticket for will be the 0745 PM showing. I recommend purchasing your ticket in advance so there will be no conflicts or sell outs. I noticed that tickets sold out tonight.

Finally, the pending plan is to head over to the Macaronni Grill afterwards, unless someone in the group can come up with a better plan. It turns out that Jacqui decided not to come with me, so I will be going stagg. I am not opposed to a little night life. I will try to have everything in order for work Sunday, so I won't have to worry so much about rest.

Anyone want to car-pool from the Lafayette area? I will check this thread first thing in the morning, so once I do that, my plan is set. Gettin' off of work at 0615 PM tomorrow night, heading straight out to Baton Rouge. If you want to car-pool, recommend a meeting place for 0625 PM.

Swampsurfer OUT!
  23. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was just wicket_the_ewok, Lord_Sidious, and myself. The movie was good. Folks in the audience were applauding, so I think many other than the comic fandom will enjoy the movie.

Following the flick, we went over to a pool-hall called CLICK'S. There was a solid rock band there and cold drinks. What else could one want? We settled into a few games of Cut-throat and took in the sights. All-in-all, I for one, had a good time. Wish I didn't have to disassemble my stick at 12:30am, but considering a 45min. drive back to Lafayette, a 4:30am wake-up, and a 12.5hr. shift at work the next day, I think it was time for me to take my leave.

Hope to see more of you at the next meeting. Swampsurfer OUT!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.