main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting #2 - 10/12/02

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Where: Krisch's Ice Cream Parlor.
    11 Central Avenue
    Massapequa, New York

Directions can be found here.

Time: 1:00 p.m.

Please notify me by 10/11/02 if you are attending because I need to know in advance who is coming in order to get enough seats. My e-mail address is PrncessLeiaO@aol.com.

The restaurant serves lunch it is not just an ice cream parlor. They serve delicious homemade ice cream.

It is within walking distance from the Massapequa train station.

All are welcome to attend! I look foward to seeing everyone again.

L.I.R.R. train schedule

Copy and paste the following link to get a map on how to get to Krisch's from the train station. (It's not coming out as a link when I use the codes for some reason.)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?do=rev&1g=10Ca%2fOgRzWk%3d&1y=US&2a=Sunrise%20Hwy%20At%20Broadwa y&1z=11758%2d4902&2s=NY&2c=Massapequa&1l=oYQxo%2bLvtf4%3d&2ic=31&2ex=1&1n=NASSAU&src=map s&2g=GoIgvYnFUFg%3d&did=1032221937&1a=11%20Central%20Ave&un=m&2y=US&2z=11758&1s=NY&1c=Ma ssapequa&2l=9MTMakGSnxM%3d&go=1&ct=NA

2. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Well you know you can count on Jay & me. :)

3. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm in!--that place was pretty cool. I'm going to try to bring a new face(cause my old one...come on you know you were thinking it) to add to our growing group.

4. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Billy and I will be there. Maybe we'll even try the ice cream this time!

Triss

5. JarJarMark

JarJarMark Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2002
    Count me on going the food is good, cant wait until the next meeting.

6. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    You know I'll be there ;)

7. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    The list of who is attending so far is:
    1. Myself
    2. Orin
    3. Jay
    4. and 5. Ken and his new face (whoops, his friend lol)
    6. Billy
    7. Triss
    8. Jar Jar Mark

If anyone has anything to add to the agenda please e-mail me at PrncessLeiaO@aol.com or PM me before this Friday.

8. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I look foward to seeing you all today!

9. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    :_| Wish I could go...

10. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    XIE, we're thinking about trying to find a meeting place closer to the Nassau/Suffolk border or alternate meeting locations so people from both counties can attend. :)

11. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I Discuss why the meetings are being held so close together
    II Events
    - Traveling Vader
    A. Plan places to visit
    B. Decide who will help plan this. E.G. Look for hotels, find directions, call hotels, figure out prices, etc.
    - Events Kenny is organizing
    A. The day AOTC comes out on tape and DVD.

B. Any other ideas he may have.
    - AOTC in IMAX
    A. Decide if we are going as a group. If so figure out a date to attend.
    B. Decide if we will be attending the event SWNYC and the ECG are planning.
    ?Hey everyone! Star Wars NYC is planning a huge event to kick off the IMAX release of AOTC at the Palisades Center Mall, Nyack NY. It's about a half hour's drive north of NYC, just north of the New Jersey/New York border. Along with the Empire City Garrison and several other Garrisons of the 501st, we will be raising money and awareness for two charities -- OASIS, a local New Jersey food pantry that provides food to needy families.... and the New York-Presbyterian Children's Hospital.

Since it seems that many cities won't be getting AOTC IMAX, we hope to get people from other Northeast FanForces to travel to join us. We'd like to get an idea of which groups would be interested. Thanks!

MTFBWYA
    ObiWill?
    ?Ok..so far this looks to be a 2 day event. All of Friday night and Saturday until about 9 pm or so. The theater would like as many folks in costume there as possible. Although we welcome non coustumed people as well. We will most likely be floating from the theater to Dave and Busters and back again. The garrison troops will most likely be there mostly Saturday although there will be a few there to support on Friday night. King of Prussia fanforce plans on having some members attend as well. If you guys want to be part of this "officially" we need to submit the number of attendees from your group, if any. Bear in mind you guys do not have to partcipate and can simply attend as theater patrons if you wish. Although we would love to have as many of you as possible to make this a multi-chapter event. And I KNOW Orin has a kick ass jedi costume ? ?Lady Sith

- Halloween
    A. Events we can attend.
    B. Do we want to try to have a Halloween Party somewhere?
    C. Does anyone want to attend the Halloween Day Parade?
    - Discuss any additional events

III Naming
    - Discuss names again.
    - Vote on a name.
    IV Staff Positions
    - Discuss positions needed.
    - Remind everyone to start thinking of someone to vote for, as City Rep. Please do not make this a popularity contest. Vote for the most qualified person.
    From http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8690858&replies=20:
    ?WHO/WHAT ARE THE CITY REPRESENTATIVES?

These are the people you will be dealing with the most. They take care of the every day running of the chapter they were elected to represent. They are the organisers of your area, organising everything from meets and board graphics to titles, colour schemes, and even in the case of some, the chapter's website.

They report and problems they can't handle to the Regional Support Administrator's as well as mentioning anything that needs to be moderated. They liase with their local Regional Support Administrator to get the chapter's news posted on the Fanforce main page.

They are also the only level of the Fanforce staff that is publically elected.

The age minimum for City Representatives is 18. We also ask that they reside in their chapter all twelve months of the year. They are required to keep their plain blue font on a transparent background so that they are easier for you to find, although they can also be indentified by their title which will tell you both their position and the city they hold that position in.

There is a limit of one City Representative per city. While there are some chapters that have more than one, they were also "grandfathered" in. When the additional City Representative's retire, they will not be replaced.?

V Website
    - Do we want a website?
    - Do we want a domain name? Who will pay for the domain name?
    - If so who will run

12. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I had a great time today. It was a great meeting!

13. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    It was a very productive meeting-I love the name!

14. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    I'm sorry I missed it. Damn Stomach virus!! From what I've heard it was a VERY productive meeting. I can't wait for the next one....so I can be there :)

15. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    The meeting was great! Definitely the best part of my day - I had way more fun with you guys than shopping for a stupid dress. :)

Triss

16. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hi Everybody,
    That was a fun meeting and a long one too. The naming of the club discussion lasted about 8 seconds - mostly silence waiting for someone to speak up who didnt like it. Alright! --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.