Meeting #2 (Dinner & a Movie)

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Apr 12, 2002.

?

Meeting #2 (Dinner & a Movie)

Poll closed Apr 24, 2002.
April 25, 2002 (Empire Strikes Back on FOX - Please POST your thoughts.) 2 vote(s) 100.0%
May 2, 2002 (Return of the Jedi - Please POST your thoughts.) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
May 9, 2002 (The Phantom Menace - Please POST your thuoghts.) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
May 16, 2002 (Attack of the Clones - Please POST your thoughts.) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
  2. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Really, since we will be having a PIZZA party at my place, any night is really just fine with me. The reason I voted the way I did is . . .

Empire Strikes Back seems to be the all time favorite of most Die-hard fans, so I vote we catch that one together. I recommend that everyone view a personal copy of A New Hope the evening of April 18th. That way it will feel like a weekly countdown to AOTC.

i.e.
    FanForce Meeting #1 - April 11th (We had a 100% R.S.V.P attendance.)
    A New Hope on Home Video - April 18th
    Empire Strikes Back on FOX & Meeting #2 - April 25th
    Return of the Jedi on FOX - May 2nd
    Phantom Menace on FOX - May 9th
    Attack of the Clones on the BIG SCREEN & Meeting #3 - May 16th, 2002 (My Birthday)

Anyone notice a patern? I hope to see you all real soon. You'll come back now, hear? :D
  3. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Why not make the 19th a meeting date? As I said at meeting 1 let's become offical as quick as possible. That way we go into AOTC as an offical Chapter! So it would be the 19th meeting 2 then 25th mmeting three then we would be offical in two more weeks. That is just my feelings.

I talked to 2 of my co-workers today an they are both Intrested in the group! One can maybe make a meeting on the 19th, maybe.
  4. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Personally, the 19th is out for me. You see I sell BEER tickets at Downtown Alive :D Downtown Alive, for those of you who are not familiar with the event, is a weekly Friday night block party in the downtown Lafayette area. There is usually good cajun food, beer, chicks, and a live band. It's a good social outing for the entire family.

Now, if you are all interested in this type of atmosphere, I HAVE AN IDEA ! ! !

Try this on for size: The group collects at Downtown Alive and socializes for a while, say between 0730PM to 0830PM, then when I get off of work, I can show you around some really cool bars. Upon which we can get lit and make merry while chatting about STAR WARS. What do you'll think? :cool:

Oh yea! And for Mrs. JEDI-SOLO there are indeed Non-STAR WARS guys to look at. Of course, what woman in her right mind would want a Non-SW man?
  5. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Hell I'm down for gettin lit! As a matter of fact I'm a little right now!!!! Let's see what everyone else thinks about it. i think it sounds great!
  6. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Did you get my EDIT above and my PM concerning MSN Messenger?
  7. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes the PM I have no idea! I'll find out and let ya know!

She better not be looking at other guys while I'm around! ;)
  8. DarthRender Jedi Master

star 3
  9. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm down for anydate the majority want as long as its a thursday. The empire day will be fine. I just don't know if my home crew can make the trips.

Hey Swamp what is YO-SOLO down for?
  10. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know. I did not ask.
  11. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    Right now, I am open for any of the the thursday meetings. Unless I post differently later, I will also go with the majority.
  12. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    S P I R T spirit, let's hear it!

That's the spirit Lord_Sidious.

What are your feelings about the alternate plan discussed by JEDI-SOLO and me for the 18th?
  13. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    The 18th or 19th will not work for me. Do not let me drag anything down for this week. If 3 or more can make it, I believe it can still count as an official meeting. I definitely plan on coming to the future thursday meeting (looks like 4/25). :)
  14. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's cool. I was just curious. If only someone else would post in this thread. We have 9 members now, and not many responses. I think the next meeting is better off happening on the 25th. :)

Don't forget to wip out that old VHS copy of Episode IV and watch it at home this Thursday. Unless, of course, you have it on laser disk. :D
  15. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    The 25th it is then. That's cool because that is our payday!
  16. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay so then. Swamp what time do you want to meet up? Where do we meet at your house or somewhere eles and then your house? Let me know so I can get the details to Mincia ok!

Me and Mrs. SOLO are both off so I'm sure we'll be in Lafayette for the most part of the day.
  17. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    I guess the meeting time would be dependent by the starting time of the movie. If not, the earliest I can leave Baton Rouge is a little after 5:00 which would put me at SS's place at around 6:15.
  18. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    YOU ARE INVITED!! To Meeting #2(Dinner & a Movie)

When: April 25th @ 7:30 PM

Where: Swampsurfer's Place / 406 Silkwood Street / Lafayette, LA
    From I-10. Take Exit 101 onto University Street, heading South. This is the 2nd Lafayette exit coming form east or west. Follow University. You will come to an underpass with a railroad above. The next traffic signal is Cameron Street with a Piggly Wiggly grocery store on the right. Just pass that is a Bank 1. Take the next right past the Bank 1 onto Silkwood Street. Silkwood is the 2nd street past Cameron Street. As soon as you turn, you will see a two story red brick building on the right. That's the place. You will see an American flag in my window. :D

Who: All FanForce members. My place is not too big, but I can accommodate about 9 people, 12 if necessary.

What: FOX will broadcast The Empire Strikes Back featuring a bonus introduction including footage from Attack of the Clones between 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM. You might want to set your VCRs at home in case you have to leave early, thus missing something. I will provide the PIZZA and popcorn. Don't worry popcorn is cheap, and I get a good discount with Domino's. Please bring your own drinks. If you want to help with the cost of the Pizza, $3 a person will be enough, but not necessary. I will put a collection jar out for your contribution.

I hope everyone shows up. Please R.S.V.P. in this thread when you are sure you will make it. When you post, let me know about your pizza preferences [toppings, crust (hand-tossed OR thin), and # of slices (I will get large pies)]. This will give me an indication of how much pizza to buy.

Don't forget to watch A New Hope first so you can get the right effect. :) Don't you just love STAR WARS ?[face_plain] [face_love] [face_blush]
  19. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright then! Me and mrs. SOLO like canadian bacon and mushrooms.

We will both be there at 7:30 if not sooner. We will be in Lafayette early anyway that day. I can eat about 5 or more slices and she will about 3 or more depending on how hungry she is.
  20. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hey guys! I've posted your meeting announcement on the FanForce website.

Swampsurfer, I have posted that you are the contact for this meeting since I have your e-mail address. JEDI-SOLO, if you would prefer to be the point of contact for meetings, please send me the e-mail address that you would prefer to be used for FanForce contacts. :)

You guys only have two meetings to go before you are official. Y'all are doing great! :D
  21. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey I have no problem with that at all.

Minacia you already have my e-mail for the news letter.
  23. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I do already have your e-mail, don't I? I forgot that I can look in yahoogroups to find it. [face_blush]

Hey, I'm a busy gal. I sometimes forget things. ;)
  24. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH! ALERT! ALERT!

Time change for the Meeting. DarthRender has brought it to my dullwitted attention, that the time slot is from 7:00PM to 10:00PM for Episode V, Empire Strikes Back. With that in mind I am changing the time of the Meeting to 6:30PM. Sorry. Please make the adjustments to your schedules.

Sincerely,
    Swampsurfer

P.S. Darth Render also let me know that the novelization of ATTACK of the CLONES was on sale tonight at WAL-MART. When I went to get my copy, they were putting out the action figures.

Ooops. I just craped my pants. :D
  25. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay 6:30 it is!

At work I've been reading the book since friday. We got it in thrusday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.