main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #2 (Dinner & a Movie)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Apr 12, 2002.

?

Meeting #2 (Dinner & a Movie)

Poll closed Apr 24, 2002.
  1. April 25, 2002 (Empire Strikes Back on FOX - Please POST your thoughts.)

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. May 2, 2002 (Return of the Jedi - Please POST your thoughts.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May 9, 2002 (The Phantom Menace - Please POST your thuoghts.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. May 16, 2002 (Attack of the Clones - Please POST your thoughts.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Confirmed Attendence:

Mr. & Mrs. JEDI-SOLO (Ham & Mushroom, 8 slices)
    Swampsurfer (Ham & Pinapple, 4 slices)
    Lord_Sidious (toppings & quantity UNKNOWN)
    DarthRender (meatlovers, 4 slices)
    YO-SOLO (toppings & quantity UNKNOWN)
    JohnnyBravo (toppings & quantity UNKNOWN)

REMEMBER: Bring your own drinks. Popcorn available. Serving Jaba Juice (Not recommended for everyone.)

2. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    Dont worry about pizza for me... I'm on a serious "no pizza" diet... and I DONT want to know what Jabba Juice is exactly.... :p

3. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    HEY!!!! LOOK AT ME, I'M POSTING (or going postal....? anyway...)

Yo, Swampy, let me see if I got those directions down, I turn my lock, open my door, walk 3 feet and knock, right?

I'll chip in for pizza - hell, maybe I'll grab a case from Wal-E World on the ride home... (sorry Mr. & Mrs. Jedi-Solo, I'll make a pitcher of Kool-aid for yous two guys ;) ).

I have an Idea... we can watch my kids sabre-fight with Swampy, hopefully this time they won't break one of my candleholders....

end of line (damn, wrong movie again!)

4. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Toppings...hmm

I guess I'll have to order a Pepperoni for the kids. I'll cover the one for the boys & the babysitter (Go Egg-head, ya stupid...) As for my toppings - Like usual, I'll just go with the Force (I can't believe I just said that...)

May the Swortz be with you...

5. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Here's an Idea...

Why dont you order them all Supreme, and everybody can pick off what they don't want... What a concept!!!! I think I'll patent that one!! ;)

6. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Damn, I do look old in that picture....

Oh, by the by, will Paul and Annabelle be attending as well? :confused:

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Look who's posting now.

Did I do that?

8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Good to see you posting YO-SOLO!
    The kool-aid thing was pretty funny! However you can give it to her. I'm 21. Well can't wait to see yall tommorrow!

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    For all of you who are members of FanForce Acadiana and did not make the meeting, shame on you.

We had a REALLY good time. I wish you were there.

Pizza was great. Movie was great. Beer was great :D (Thanks YO-SOLO). The company was the BEST!

Can't wait for meeting #3. I hope to see you all there.

JEDI-SOLO will be posting details as soon as he gets his Internet connection up and running again.

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    We just made it in. My internet is back!

11. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    JEDI-SOLO, you will have to use the hard copy of our roster to update your copy of our database that I gave you. You will find some birthdays and emails were added that are not on the disk.

Ooops! I forgot to mention that you will need a copy of MicroSoft ACCESS in order to work with that database.

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay. I'm PMing Minacia now then going to bed. I will post our summary in the morning.

13. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Congrats on the successful completion of your second meeting! It sounds as if y'all had a great time. :D

Well, now I know why I couldn't take a look at the database Swampsurfer sent me...I don't have Access. I don't know why I didn't realize that sooner. I must be losing my mind far faster than I realized. ;)

14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Meeting 2 summary:
    Well first off the meeting was beyond great for me! Meeting destination was at Swampsurfers house. As we began to arrive I noticed that we were getting there in the exact same order we did in meeting 1! That was a very neat thing. First off me and my girlfriend got there and felt very welcome as soon as we walked in. Swampsurfer and I talked about his computer and showed me a few things. We talked about his books and met his daughter.
    Just to get us hyped up to watch ESB he put on the AOTC soundtrack! Yeah! Then Darth Render showed up followed imeaditly by Lord_Sidious. JohnnyBravo was our new member to show up and was a great addition! YO-SOLO was next to show.
    We all sat around and listened to the soundtrack. Swamp went and got the pizza and everyone stuffed there merry selves!
    Then it happened ESB was upon us! Everyone was impressed with the intro with the new EP2 scenes. During the movie we had another group picture taken which hopefully will be a tradition from now on. Also I got to see my first ever Fanfilm thanks to Swamp!

In the end we had a great time with great conversations! You are a great group of people to hang around and I look foward to seeing you all again on the 16th.

Meeting 2 sucessful! One more to go guys till we are official.

15. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Getting a group picture at every meeting has become a tradition for my group. We have a group picture from every single meeting except one. It's a good idea, as it gives you a visual record of who was at each meeting. Plus, it's just plain fun. :)

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Thank you JEDI-SOLO for such kind words. It was an honor to host the meeting for the group. I'm glad you had a good time. See you real soon :)

By the way, the fan film shown was DUALITY. Nothing but the best for my friends :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.