main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #20 (STAR WARS Miniatures Game)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I propose we hold this meeting anytime in July after the 10th. Also, I would really like to attend, so if we decide on a day that I have to work (see MY CALENDAR), please meet no earlier than 7PM).

Looking for a volunteer to assist in planning this meeting, I am.

I think we should meet at Bisbano's Pizza on Johnston Street, Lafayette. If so, we will need to reserve the FREE private room at least a week in advance. However if Gamer's Haven is willing to host this event, of course there store would be GREAT!

2. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    as long as its on the weekend il help.i have a hole week off at the end of july.trying to celabrat my birthday.if we can get together id like to bbq.im a perty good cook.i allso have some mintchers for star wars now.

3. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    What is the Star Wars' Miniatures Game?

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
  5. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Yet another meeting I'd really like to attend, if I'm in town. Man these people I work for have got to come up with a better way of making a schedule. Hehehe.

6. GH_Reaper

GH_Reaper Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    You guys are certainly welcome to have your meeting at Gamers' Haven. I would not mind helping out with planning and the like.

I kind of have a full plate with my family and all, but they will understand! Hey its freakin' Star Wars man!

Since I have never been to a meeting, I do not know all that is involved.[face_worried]

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Practically all of the work has been done. I created the meeting thread. Once the place, time, and event details are hammered out, I send out a 2-4 week notice eMail to all in FanForce Acadiana. All that are interested show up. That simple really. I for one am looking forward to this one.

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    First off, a big THANK YOU for GH_Reaper for flopping around the STAR WARS Miniatures schedule so I could attend. =D=

Next, since no one suggested a date, I will. I propose that we have our first [image=http://gamershavenla.com/SW.gif] meeting during the regularly scheduled tournament play, Saturday, July 30th (2PM to 6PM +). Entry FEE for your 100 point squad is $1. You can either bring your own set of miniatures, purchase some at Gamer'sHaven on the spot, or bum some from a friend if you are not sure you will like the game. I am sure someone present will allow you to borrow a set of miniatures if you don't have any and just want to try the game out.

I have used sets from both MasterJediShake and GH_Reaper on different occasions. I love the game. I will be getting a set real soon. In fact I won my first game just yesterday. I was using mostly funky Hutt Faction pieces (called fringe pieces for those familiar with the game). Goes to show you that it's really all in the luck of the dice and a willingness to accept good advise from other players ;)

Anyway. I really hope everyone plans on attending. We can order Pizza or some other delivery food, if it's OK with the management (they can eat some too). Perhaps a little background RotS soundtrack. Who knows, wicket_the_ewok will probably bring his lightsaber and entertain all the young girls who happen to be present. LOL. That should really be entertaining.

HINT, HINT: The parking lot is very empty on a Saturday. Nice place for saber duels. So if you have a saber too, bring it. That could be a nice wrap-up exercise, if we exceed the scheduled play time into the twilight hours. :cool:

9. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    souds fun .il try to make it.

10. GH_Reaper

GH_Reaper Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    I think that the pizza man knows us by name. We order quite frequently. Looking forward to it.

11. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    thank the maker! i don't work this saturday so i WILL be attending. also i just got my new anakin skywalker force fx lightsaber in, so i'll bring it. and if anybody wants to duel, BRING IT ON! and gamer's haven just moved to a bigger place. it is still in the same strip mall by the ambassador 10 theater just 72 yards to the right. does anybody dare me to dress in my jedi outfit?

12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I dare you.

13. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    I guess this means I have to wear the vader suit.

14. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    yes it does the forst. if you wear your vader outfit, i will wear my jedi outfit. Deal?

15. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
  16. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    i have your word the forst. i don't want to look like an idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.