Meeting #21 (LAN Party for PC Gamming)

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would really like to see a solid LAN party for all us PC Gammers. I know we have a bunch, so let's do it!

I propose we meet in September. We should plan this early so all who are interested can plan to be there. MY CALENDAR is tentative this far ahead of time, but feel free to work around it.

We need:
    * A place to host.
    * A machine to use as a dedicated server.
    * I have a wireless B LinkSys router we can use.
    * A multi-port switch.
    * Internet connectivity.
    * Tables & chairs.
    * Volunteers to make this work.

Any comments?
  2. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    We need more feedback on this event OR I will cancel it. I suggest if you plan on attending, we shoot for Jedi Outcast as the game of choice. It is the most readily available and fits most folks system requirments. This way we can get more folks playing the same game.

We can look at other games, but just thought that would be the easiest to host.
  3. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    lets just have the lan party at cyberLAN. i got a flyer at gamer's haven today. it location is 127 arnould blvd. and its phone number is 337-988-6788
  4. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Get us more info. I'm very open to suggestion. I think GH_Reaper was telling me about that place. It's close to Jason's Deli? If so, that means we would not have to provide any equipment, just show up, pay and play?
  5. GH_Reaper Jedi Knight

Yeah, CyberLAN is a great place. He charges by the hour but of course, the more you buy the cheaper it is. We usually meet there after we close and play Call of Duty. I may try out some of the Star Wars games. We may need to call them to see what they have loaded in the way of Star Wars gaming.
  6. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did this happen? or is it lost in limbo?

ubi
  7. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    As of now, limbo. Why? Interested?
  8. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    swampsurfer, nice of you to drop by. haven't heard from you in a while.
  9. theta_q Jedi Padawan

Yeah getting together at CYBERLAN would rock, I have not played a lot of first perosn shooters except for XBOX HALO, and hanging out with some fellow star wars fans would rock
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.