Sac, CA Meeting 3/13, this weekend

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Marric_Korde, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless there is someone else who wishes to run this meeting we will have to postpone it or cancel it. I know we are supposed to be talking about WonderCon and we still can here on the boards, Myke has a whole thread for it.

Kayla is auditioning for SJSU saturday so we will be gone all day.
  2. TaintedJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    And me with the afternoon off. Break legs at SJSU (only in the figurative sense)!

-TJ
  3. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm afraid I wont be able to make it this weekend either. Tomorrow is my niece and nephews birthdays, twins turning two, so Uncle Mike has to be there!

I do have a couple of rough mock ups of the flyer redesign and will try to get them up before the end of the weekend so people can take a look and decide what works and what doesn't. Figure we should be able to have a new flyer to pass out at Wonder Con if we want.

Later,
    ~DZ
  4. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't make it either. I've got a big practice for a Sunday performance and I'm still recovering from a cold.
  5. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    So far it sounds like this meeting isn't going to be happening. I think I'm just going to assume that it isn't so I can let my cousin know what the plans are. I've had a hard week for most of the week and have been backed up by a ton of stuff that need to get done. I just resumed my seasonal job with the state so that has kind of backed me up in some other things (we haven't really got set schedules at work yet).

Maybe later in the month?

6. TaintedJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    we dont generally reschedule meetings, and with wonder con only a few weeks away it seems unlikely.
  7. Nasus_Sivad Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well some of us didn't read the board so we held a mini meeting and will post shortly what was discussed. :) Missed seeing everyone else. :)

8. TaintedJedi Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Like Susan & Earl, the last time I checked the boards was Thursday nite right B4 bed(more like Fri morn-play'n on the Wii), so here was what I recall:
    Old:
    * ???
    * ???

New:
    * WonderCon(will we have our new flyers ready for WC?)!
    * Who's going/ meetup/ dinner(go to WonderCon thread please)?
    * Meet-Up Groups(facebook thingy has costs to be discussed w/other officers when avail).
    * Sac-Con/Anime & Horror shows: They want us to have a presence(table & peps)at each event.
    * Toy shows for Trench Runs or table sales.
    * Kimmie & I have set the date, now just figuring on the location(close to home or the coast....).

Attendance:
    * Susan
    * Earl
    * Tiara
    * Kimmie
    * Me
    also w/:
    * Scott
    * Ben
    (my friend & son who have shown up to enough events to be considered members now)

* Susan/Earl, if I forgot anything just add them in please.

Vos
  10. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Sillies!! We've learned our lesson by not checking the boards right before we run out the door on Saturday morning...so I guess we made the bad mistake of thinking everyone does, too. :oops: Glad you guys ran the meeting anyway. Sounds like you got everything covered. Nice notes, Vos. You can take the minutes any time you'd like.

Who is up for a get together on the 27th? We've been so busy trying to get both the girls situated with all their college stuff, we've been missing out on any fun. We have lots to celebrate from the sounds of it...Congrats Vos and Kimmie on setting the date...can't wait to hear all about it. For my celebration news, I am now offically a divorcee...my paperwork finally came through. Doria is no longer my last name, so I guess pretty soon I'll have to change my board name. That's sort of a bummer to me...Anyhoo, I digress...how about a movie night/game night/ potluck type thingy here at our place, Sat Mar 27th, starting around 4:00? We'd love to see everyone.

Let me know what you think!

11. TaintedJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I like get togethers!

-TJ
  12. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    A get together/movie night on the 27th sounds great! I miss my second family, will keep the date open.

As for the flyer redesign, I'm doing some more work on it tonight, but here is a rough mock up of what I've been working on. I want to increase the size to better fit the page and add a border too.

Flyer Design

I inked the top section, just need to let it dry so I can erase the pencils underneath then scan it in. I also am going to redo Yoda, didn't like the way he came out. The other additions to it will be lightsabers that will separate the sections, redraw our logo and maybe add in the California flag behind the Capital so folks know its our state capital bldg. I used "Comic Sans" for the lettering, but not entirely sold on it for the whole thing. Will experiment with some other fonts. Anyway, check it out and give me your feedback, what works what doesn't work, font suggestions, anything (though I know about the spelling mistakes already in the "About Us" section). I do plan on coloring this in eventually, but wont have time before Wonder Con, so it will be black and white for that event if we do want to use it.

Marric how soon would I need to get a file to you so you could print them out for Wonder Con? Would it be ok to get a final to you by this weekend or would you need it sooner? They should print out on normal 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

~DZ
  13. TaintedJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    what?! no gungans?!

flyer veto'd.

-TJ :p
  14. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    We're trying to attract new members with it remember! ;)

~DZ
  15. TaintedJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    As Jar Jar would say...

"how rude!"

-TJ :p
  16. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's karking awesome we says!
    Great job Zemog!!!
    Like the cantina theme for the meet & the Cap to show the location we rep.
    You could add some of us Rogues in character's, did notice Leia(Tina) & Vos(you already get a cookie for the flyer, guess now you get 2nd. ;op)
    U could add a Tie pilot as Pat or Dillon(maybe even 2)and yes, I know, even a gungan, but it would have to be: Darth Darth Binks!
    Other than that, it looks great!

Marric & JediArat,
    The 27th looks good to us also. Kimmie works till 4ish, so we would show up about 5ish.
    Can you pm me your coordinates again please?

Vos
  17. TaintedJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I would rock the darth darth binks look again just for the opportunity... or i can supply pics. ;)

-TJ
  18. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    Zemog, you can shoot me the file when ever you are done the latest time would be friday at 12, i still need time to print them. Looks great though, I of course will take the emperor as representing me (dont care if it isn't). I look forward to seeing everyone on the 27th it has been a while since we all got together.
  19. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey All,

Will add a TIE pilot and Jar Jar to the top cast of characters tonight. I'm also finishing the lightsabers as well as some other tweaks artwise. Not sure if I can have it done though by this Friday. I can get it all done this weekend and shoot the file to you on Monday if that is not too late for a small printing for WonderCon Marric? Got a lot to do in Photoshop to get all of the elements put together before its ready.

~DZ
  20. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    DZ, I think Mr. Clarity (Marric) meant the Friday before WonderCon...

Geez, men and their idea that everyone is a mind reader and can just figure out what they mean. Good thing women don't do that!! [face_whistling]
  21. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    What! You can't read my thoughts!!! Well, I guess that's a good thing.
  22. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Tee hee! [face_blush] Really Vos, it might scar me for the rest of my life.
  23. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, what she said. THE friday before WonderCon would be the latest you could send me the art for printing. If you are coming to the shin-dig on the 27th you can shoot it to me on the 26th and i will have them then.
  24. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in for the shin-din.
  25. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    So here is the attendees for the shin-dig so far-

Mike
    Myke + Kimmie
    Tina
    Chris
    Me + Tara

is there anyone i am missing?

we are looking to start at 430-5.

edit: forgot to mention what wee have for the potluck so far, We have the fixings for sandwiches and we have soda.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.