main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #3/#4

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    This saturday is a blood drive that can serve for our 3rd meeting possibly. It's being set up my naveren over in the Provo sector so check it out- Ill be gone on buisness but hopefully some of ya'll can make it. For next meeting we were discussing a Sugarhouse park meeting/ collection showoff. Possibly in 2 weeks or so. Any preferences on days?

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I would prefer that we have a meeting on the weekend, but if it has to be during the week, any time after 5:00 PM would work. How were the Jedi Olympics?

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm still sore from those blasted olympics. Do you know how hard it is to drive a stick shift with quads that are killing?

I say we go for the weekend, the 20 is bad because my work for some reason is doing some stupid inventory thing to see what is moving and what isnt' and I have to be there then. We might finish by noon we might not, no one really knows.

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Has anyone ever been to the foodbank before? I went tonight and it was rather fun, sure packing up canned goods doesn't sound like a lot of fun but the people who you are with and that you are doing something for others makes it all worth while. I'm bringing this up because maybe if we want to do some sort of service activity every other month that's something we can look into.

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I love the idea of working at the food bank!

Hey, are we talking about this weekend? Because I have to sing at Gardner Hall at 2:36 this Saturday for the NATS competition *knees knock* and will want to be warming up and preparing beforehand. :) Okay, okay, I know, I'm too busy for my own good . . .

6. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    the blood drive is this weekend- but the collection showoff in the park is undertermined at this point. Any other input?

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm sure we could do it on the 20. I don't think the inventory thing will take that long, especially if I'm doing most of the work during the week. Long story, easier explained in person. But if it does go longer I can come up with some excuse to leave early. :D

8. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    lol, Marold.

Is it okay if I don't have a collection? I mean, I have the books and reference materials (are they ever gonna update the Encyclopedia?) and of course I've written over half a dozen fanfics, but those aren't really collectibles. Can I come and just look at other people's stuff? *puppy eyes*

9. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    The 20th sounds good to me. I am off work at 7pm, but if we're saying that this is the day for sure, I can make arrangements to either get out early or just get the day off. If we're doing it during the week that will be ok too, I just need to know so I can work around my crappy schedule.

10. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    OK- sounds like the 20th is our best bet. Of course anyone can come- with or without a collection. My only concern is that if we do it later on in the evening ( like 7 as someone suggested) we wont have much light. Any ideas?

11. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'd say midday, so we could have a picnic or something.

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Remember we spring ahead an hour on Sunday and the days are getting longer so we might have a little more light than what we think.

13. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    oh yeah-- "I'm glad you're here to tell us these things!" :D

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    What are you saying I'm annoying? Good because I know I can be. :p

15. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    No. [face_innocent] Just that you talk too much. *flees*

16. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    ok looks like the blood drive has been moved to next week- check the Provo sector for that. Otherwise- we can shoot for the 20th for the collection day? Let's try for 7:00 just so those who have to work in the day can do that. Any probs? Also, all the toys get realease on the 23rd so we might do a 22nd midnight at Toys R Us or something for those who can make it. I'll be there no matter what- if two others show it can be called official :)

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Okay who told you I talk to much? Did somone at my work let that information out?

Should we also make up a list of items to bring if we are still doing the picnic?

18. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Most people talk too much, Marold. :) I just guessed that you were one of them.

A list sounds good. What's the date on this meeting again? And shouldn't we put it up on the Fan Force site or something, to make it official?

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    That's one thing we need to do to make it official.

So lets decide on what it is we want to bring and a list can be done up from there.

20. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    I have been in contact with the regional rep. and have been reporting our meetings to him...Ive told him about our upcoming bood drive and collection in the park meeting- so everything is kosher :)

21. CorranHorn242

Mar 18, 2002
    Also I was thinking... The Provo guys have their own site, and I'm constructing my own SW site... what if I used mine to host info and message boards for our chapter? Just a thought... I mean it would be more than just an FF site, but it would be a way to get our stuff distinguished from the other chapters...

22. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I don't know much about FF, so I don't know, Corran.

When is the meeting? I think I go tleft behind on the whole date thing. Is this next weekend? The weekend after?

23. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    OK- im pretty sure we nailed down the 20th as our date for the collection showoff in Sugarhouse park. I think the time is still up in the air, but maybey around 7pm. I think that it might be better if we all just bring our own food rather than worry about splitting costs, what to get, picky eaters, ect. I hope everyone can make it- this'll just be relaxed so we can kick back and shoot the breeze.

24. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Why don't we make it a potluck dinner? Everything bring their fav picnic food, etc. :)

25. CorranHorn242

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey guys...
    I will be able to get out of work as early as 2pm on the 20th. Very cool for me, eh? Anyway I like the idea of a ptoluck but I think we should coordinate well enough to avoid having the same thing brought by everyone... lol. Also, I may need to arrange for transportation.. i may be able to work out a deal with my roommate, but I am not certain just yet so if there's anyone in the downtown area that would be willing to give me a lift, I would be most appreciative.. If not I will make other arrangements. It's all good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.