main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #3/#4

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Why don't we do this in the late afternoon? Say around 4:00 or 5:00?

2. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Sounds great to me. Let's shoot for an earlier time so we have MORE time.

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Lets just hope I can whine my way out of doing inventory at work that day. I'm sure if I'm really good a work and don't talk then I can get out early.

4. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Oh, yeah... and just a reminder to y'all... MY BIRTHDAY PARTY IS TUESDAY SO PLEASE COME AND HAVE FUN!

thank you

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Why don't we coordinate the potluck by last names or something, if we have enough people coming. You know, A-K is drinks and utensils, L-R is main courses, and S-Z is desserts? I dunno, something like that. We could also do it in list form. Have a list of certain things to bring and have people sign up to bring something, so we all have assignments. That works really well.

6. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I just found out that if I win in this big vocal competition I was in last Saturday, I'll be singing in Assembly Hall (a solo! eeek!) at 7:30 on the 20th. I'll let everyone know-- maybe you could come hear me after the meeting. :)

7. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Sheesh I hate school and work- it's like mixing your liquors. Anyway- ummmm- yeah- Navaren in Provo would really like to have some support fot this blood drive. If you can - please do. Ill be on a buisness trip at that time. As far as the collection show off in the park- Sounds like 4:30 will be our time. Lets meet at the Southeast terrace. If you go into the park just follow the road till you see the sign. It is obviously in the SE corner of the park. Umm- how does everyone feel about the pot luck idea- my concern would be the price spread- the napkin person and the meat person might be at odds with eachother. But if everyone is kosher with it we'll do it. I'll see if I can get this posted on the FF Main page.-Allen

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    You all work out the food, I'm already planning a dinner for 100 people on the 21 so I've got my hands full with that one. Just tell me what to bring and I'll bring it.

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'll also bring my CD player so we can all listen to the Episode II soundtrack. :D

10. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Yea!!! I haven't heard it yet!

I just found out that I didn't win, so I'll be there! :)

11. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    It'll be cool to hear the Soundtrack- but IM NOT READING THE LINER NOTES OR TRACK NAMES!!! :) Thats what ruined Qui-Gon's death for me-- and I was so spoiler free!

OK So,.... May 20th
    Sugarhouse Park -SE Terrace/Corner
    4:30
    Food?
    Lets have a lil vote here-- Food by appointment or BYOFood-- :-O maybey ill make a poll!

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Don't worry, the track says nothing of importance. At least to my spoiler free mind it doesn't.

13. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    That's good.

4:30? That okay with everyone? *voice echoes*

Watch it be only the three of us . . .

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    But as long as the three of us show up, it's official. :D

15. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    OK- back in town- ick- I hate laundry after a trip. Um yeah 4:30 it is. Toy release only a week away! :)

16. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey all This Todd.

I noticed the Force.net had you guys posted, and I hd never see you here before(?)

I would like to become a member of the fan force for salt lake city, if it Is possible.

I was also trying to get a heads up on what is going on for meetins 3 and 4, an for locations and stuff.

If someone could e-mail me it would be greatly appreciated.

dj_toad1@hotmail.com

Thanx again
    Toad

17. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    hey welcome toad (thats just fun to say) the meeting #3 will be a Collection showoff gathering in Sugarhouse Park (2100 s and apx. 15-16th east--just go up 21st S and its on the right) at 4:30. We'll meet in the SE corner (terrace- just follow the road around and it'll be on the right). The meeting #4 will be gathering at the 24-hour Wal-Mart at midnight for the EpII toy release (night of the 22nd) Only a few may be able to attend- (cant find the adress right now but I think I posted it somewhere) So we'd love to see ya.Laters

18. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey thanx for the welcome

I don;t know if anyones considered this but the Wal-mart in tooele is open 24 hours and is also a super wal-mart. Just thought that might be a better way to get some goodies out there in no-wheres ville.

Let me know what everyone thinx

Toad

19. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Um, guys? I don't know if you notcied, but there's a blizzard going on, or the tail end of one at least. Perhaps we should reschedule to a Starbucks or something? Would they let us play the soundtrack?

Welcome, Toad!

Btw, Sugarhouse is to the left of 2100 S. for some of us. :)

20. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah I agree somewhere in-door sounds really good right now with all the crazy weather.

What a about like a hotel conference room?
    I am sure we could bring a cd player or something?

that way we are inside.

What kind of actiities are supposed to go on besies the name voting anyways?

TOAD

21. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Well I know that hotel rooms like that have to be reserved in advance and often cost money. Which we have neither of. I also dont think we'd have enough room in a Starbucks for all our stuff. If the weather is nasty (i heard it was going to be ok by the weekend- but that dosent mean anything) I suggest we postpone it a week- that way we can also show our new Ep II findings. What ya'll think?

22. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Yeah fine whatever, hopefully by then I should have a drivable car. and if we do have it this weekend, be prepared for me in a bad mood. I don't mean to be but with back pains and neck pains, it's not going to be pretty.

23. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Unfortunately, for me it's either this Saturday, or wait until the next meeting to meet people. :_| I have a vocal competition on the 27th, then AP and IB tests begin, and I'll need my Saturdays to study until mid-May. :_|

24. Lady Kenobi

Lady Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 10, 1999
    Hello all, I just found out about the meeting tomorrow but wanted to check to see if it's still on. Because it looks like this very wet weather will be continuing through tomorrow. I'm okay with postponing if an indoor location can't be found. Anyway I'll keep checking the boards see what will be decided.

I'm also posting as an unofficial rep of Utah's very own Rebels Associated, a veteran Star Wars club (going on 13 years). Have you heard of us? Come by and visit us at MediaPlay at Fort Union on Opening Day (May 16) where we'll be helping to promote the movie, plus R.A. Salvatore will be signing the Episode II novelization. It starts at 7pm.

I'm excited to see Salt Lake getting a FanForce of their own and plan on participating all that I can!

MTFBWY

25. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    OK its looking pretty nasty right now. And probably wont be much better tomorrow. How would everyone feel about putting off the collection show off but perhaps meeting for just a lil bit about the official name and perhaps a club seal/crest thing. That could be done at the Sugarhouse Barnes & Noble right close to the same park- and it does have seats in a cafe! :) Perhaps also finalize plans for midnight madness as well. What ya'll think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.