main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #3 - Celebration II weekend?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I just got a private message from Sebulba-X about my idea for having our 3rd meeting at Celebration II; he said we are "more than welcome to use the Fan Force table as your meeting point." So we have a location...

..."Road trips do count as meetings, so I can't think of a better way to do it." What better place to have a meeting then CELEBRATION II! "I'll let the FF Staff know what you're doing, I'm sure they'll love it."

And as for election City Reps, we'll have to wait because those who make the decision... "won't be promoted until everyone gets home from C2 (both MysterySith and Hamma are going, and they are the ones who do the actual promotion to VIP status), so it may be mid-week before it is done."

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh] Never seen one of my PM's chopped up and quoted before. I think this is a great idea. The only other place I could think of is the Fan Club Lounge, but everyone would have to have the special lanyard to go in there.

Is anyone from Cleveland volunteering at the Fan Force table? That would be a good time to have everyone meet there, keep your volunteer company. ;)

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Again, I don't think it would be possible to meet during show hours. There is just going to be too much to see and do to say let's all meet at the FF table at 2 or something like that. It would have to be before or after show hours.

4. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I'd love to volunteer to hang out at the tables - HOWEVER - I'll be too busy pimping myself and TBX to the crowds. :cool:

Serisouly - We will try to stop by at some point. We're gonna be hanging around TFN's booth for "special" reasons and I assume the booths won't be far away.

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    TFN's booth will be in another room...no idea if they'll be anywhere near the FF table or not.

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    We can always meet after most of the day or during the end of the day. Kinda. :D

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "It would have to be before or after show hours"

I wouldn't ask anyone to miss out on the events; what I'm proposing is those of us going to be at Celebration II hold our third "meeting" at Indy:

Friday night: ?
    Saturday morning: ?
    Saturday night: ?
    Sunday morning: ?

at...

Fan Club Lounge: ? (does everyone have lanyard?)
    TFN Booth: ?
    Fanforce Tables: ? (which one)

Meanwhile those of us not going, have a meeting here in Cleveland (somewhere). That way, nobody feels left out. Heck, I'm willing to call someone's cell phone from Indy and say hello from Celebration II.

CELEBRATION II MEETING ROSTER: (copy in reply)
    Krash
    Padawan92

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Krash
    Padawan92
    JarJarJedi

Don't forget, as we get nearer and nearer to CII we will hear about more things that are going on (Like the movies playing... I don't know about you, but I have never seen the CT on a big screen before, and I would like to.)

Hey, how about that for our meeting, going to see the movies?

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    They are showing all four movies at the con. TPM & ANH at 8 Friday night, ESB & ROTJ at 8 Saturday night. How about we meet before one of these showings and then see the movies? The hard part would be finding a meeting spot. Saturday would be better, Friday has the opening ceremonies at 6 (another thing we could go to together).

Edit: Darn you JJJ, you beat me to it, I gotta learn to type faster. [face_mischief]

10. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Krash
    Padawan92
    JarJarJedi
    Anrev
    GrnJalera
    Douz

11. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Don: :D :D

Since Don didn't put his name down:

Krash
    Padawan92
    JarJarJedi
    DonC
    Anrev
    GrnJalera
    Douz

12. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    If we do it Friday nite after everything is done then we could plan what we were going to do the next 2 days. We could always meet at one of the hotels too, if they close everything down at the convention.

BTW thanks Grn

13. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I think it will be easier at the celebration and not at a hotel because we will argue about which one. :D

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Note: the showings of Empire and Jedi start at 7pm not 8.

And, about me not putting my name on the list, I don't mean to sound like a separatist, 'cause I can probably make it to the movies, but this is going to be my first chance to meet some "board buddies" from Atlanta, Cincy, and Portland. And since I already know you guys, I might want to spend some time hanging with these other people I know.

15. ANakedG

ANakedG Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi I am a bit new to this site and i would like to meet some of the persons that post on this forum. But i do not live in cleveland i live in Austintown ohio cleveland is just the nearest other city. Id like to see aobut maybe meeting some of you guys at the C2 con. Pm me or reply so i can see someones anweser to meeting you guys.
    Thanks
    The Naked G

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alright, we got a good size group going...now all we need is a place to meet up. How about this...

FRIDAY NIGHT: Before the opening ceremonies, right before you go in (wherever they are being held) 5:30 at the latest?

or

FRIDAY NIGHT: Before ANH showing, meet 30 minutes before, meet up outside the screening room? Why not, it's the 25th Anniversary of ANH!

Don, it's cool if you have people you want to hang out with. If you can make it, bring them along. I know we're all going to want to see different things...but if we can meet up on Friday, we can see who else is going where.

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The opening ceremonies have apparently been moved to 12:30, instead of 6, unless they are having a "welcome ceremony" and an opening ceremony. If this is true, maybe somebody could go in early and save us seats inside, while somebody else waits outside to try and find the others interested in going?

I'm told the Sagamore Ballroom, where this is scheduled to take place, holds 5000 people. So, hopefully, if we do this they'll let us save seats.

18. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    How about NOT Friday but Saturday or Sunday? I can't go on Friday because of the 5 other people going with me; they can't go on Friday. I really think the CII meeting is cool, but Friday would be really not cool. How about meeting in the Fan Club Lounge on Saturday or Sunday? If so, I'm game.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Friday seems to be difficult because everyone's arrival time is different (not to mention the schedule). So let's go for Saturday evening, around the time of that FanForce party (anyone know specific times?) Because we know there will be plenty of activity around the Fanforce tables and at the TFN booth. I know we don't have tickets, but maybe with us having our 3rd meeting there, they'll let us hang around and congratulate us on becoming "official."

PLACE: Fanforce Table
    DAY: SATURDAY EVENING
    TIME: TBA

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The Fan Force party is at the Hyatt from 9pm to midnight. Admission was $20, but it has sold out. I don't know about you but 9pm Saturday I figure Luke will have just gotten his hand cut off.

Perhaps we should wait until the Saturday schedule is announced before making plans. If previous conventions of similar size are any indication I'll be done with everything except panel discussions around 2 Saturday.

21. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I think this is becoming more of a problem then a solution for us.

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I've been looking at the schedule of events, unless there is a Q & A we all want to go to, this isn't going to happen. It was a cool idea, but not real practical. To do it would have taken more time to plan than we have/had.

However, I'm willing to take a stab at planning a meeting place. Outside the Tatooine room around 7:45 on Friday. The Attack of the Fetts panel lets out at 7:30, TPM starts at 8. I'm currently planning on going to the Fetts panel, so I might be able to go back in and save some seats (the rooms are cleared after each panel).

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You know, this is getting alot easier now that we've got a schedule of events. Sorry about the confusion, I wish we'd had these event schedules at meeting #2. While it's been complicated trying to throw out ideas in posts, we're getting a better idea of who is going to be where. Oh well, I'm still going to stop by the Fanforce table and say hello at some point.

I like the idea of meeting up after "Attack of the Fetts" even if you don't go...you still have time to make it there before TPM starts! The Padawan and I were thinking about going to see Gillard and Hayden from 5:45-7pm ("Fetts" is a good alternative) and will give us time to make it over to the "Tatooine" room. We'll be looking for you DonC!

FRIDAY: 7:30pm...outside "Tatooine" 500 Ballroom...between "Attack of the Fetts" and TPM screening?

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to get some dinner before the Fett panel. If so, I'll be there, if not, I'll be foraging for food.

Edit: I've got some advice I strongly suggest anyone not staying within walking distance of the convention center follow. On Saturday morning a bunch of streets in downtown Indy are being closed for this mini-marathon. Check out wwww.500festival.com to see if you need to change your drop-off route to the con center that morning.

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Okay, thanks Don, I'll check it out, since I'm staying far from the convention center. :)

As for the time, I wanted to see Hayden and Nick too, so I don't know what time I'll bo over...

Hey, you know, whoever is going to the celebration from like the New England States will have to go by my house... :)

Party at my house!!! j/k ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.