main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Nice turn out for number 2, even though the lady from the PD didn't come. Anybody like the idea of doing it again next week at the McDonalds on Rockside?

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    It'd be cool with me if I could get a ride from Mullet.

3. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Just talked to Eldread about this. This sounds AWESOME. I was caught off guard today and could not meet up with JarJarJedi because I was babysitting my nephew. I was also planning on meeting Eldread near Richfield to carpool up, but unfortunately he had technical problems of his own.

But this is definitely do-able.

4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm really tired of this "week or two" in advance crap. How about a MONTH in advance so we can all be prepared for this! I mean, not all of us have the convienience of just going to a meeting with nothing else to do. Some of us have jobs to go to and without proper notice in advance, we can't be able to just get up and go to a meeting whenever we please. I would have gone to the 2nd meeting (which would have been really convienient for me because I lived close to Parmatown Mall) but with such short notice, I couldn't just skip work! Please plan these things out accordingly for those of us who can't just go "spur of the moment". Thanks.

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Calm down, Reborn Jedi. The world will not end if you don't make a meeting. We just BS for awhile and talk Star Wars or whatever else comes up.

One of the goals of the group was to have 3 meetings in before Episode 2 premiered. To become an "official" TFN Chapter, you need to have three meetings. Time is running out.

Once we become "official", then the meetings will be more structured and something not to be missed.

Chill. :)

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    In all honesty, it was a glorified BS session. And an excuse for me to get out of doing my 30 page paper due tuesday a little longer...

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Reborn, relax. The only reason I asked about next Sunday was because TSL and Eldread PMed me saying they could make it then, and I was curious if anybody else could.

Grn, you didn't say, you in or out for next Sunday at 3?

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    sorry I'm out...got to help my bro move.

9. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    I dont know if I will make it for 3 at this time...maybe...we may be going to visit some friends out that way...so maybe I can swing by.

10. Straight_Edge

Straight_Edge Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    I haven't been to either meeting although I am still debating going to number 3. For some reason I fear meeting internet starwars fans.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    In all honesty, it's a cool experience straightedge. I was a little cautious at first too, and I can't speak for all Fanforces, but ours has a bunch of nice people. You should at least give it a try before you judge it.

12. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I thought meeting #2 went very well; granted it was difficult to hear everyone at the opposite end of the table. Personally, I think Southpark should be our foodcourt of choice (access to I71/quieter then P-Town).

As for meeting #3, I won't be able to do this Sunday because of work. But I thought of a INTERESTING IDEA for our last meeting before we become "official." Many of us are planning on attending Celebration II, and there is supposed to be a "FanForce lounge." Why not arrange a time and place for all of us attending Celebration II to meet there. MEANWHILE...so we don't exclude anyone, those who can't make it to CII can meet sometime that weekend? That way we become an "official" FanForce at Celebration II! I'm sure the people there will like that idea of welcoming a new fanforce! What do you think?

Besides, Luke went to Dagobah while Han/Leia and company went to Bespin...why not have us split up for a weekend?

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I doubt meeting during the show would be possible. There is going to be too much to see and do to say lets all meet here at a certain time. It would have to be after show hours. After show hours is cool though, maybe we could all go out to dinner or something.

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Anybody who's going have a laptop and a webcam? Anyone else who's going to be here for that matter? We could have a net meeting! Just a suggestion...

15. Eldread

Eldread Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Hello Everyone,

I suggest meeting next Sunday at 3pm for the third meeting. If all goes well, then everyone could meet at CII for a celebration of the new forum. Just a suggestion.

Here's an idea! How about we all meet at Valleyview Cinemark for the 4th or 5th meeting and watch Episode II as a group? That would rock!

Later

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That would be cool after our 3rd to meet and all see the movie together. But i think going to the celebration would be cooler for our "offical" meeting to get us really offically into the fanforce.

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    And for all of us who don't want an attack of the loans on our bank accounts, we could have our meeting over the net through webcams, if we have a group here back in C-Town on one end, and all the Celebration people are together there.

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    This proposed meeting isn't going to take place.

19. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Good, because I'm too gassy to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.