main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting #35 - 9/11/05

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Meeting #35

Date: Sunday, September 11, 2005 (A Rain Date will be posted if necessary, so check this thread before you leave in case of a last minute change due to the weather.)

Time: 1:00 PM

Come and celebrate our third anniversary with us at the Montauk Lighthouse! We will be having a picnic, so remember to bring your own lunch. Also, we will probably take a hike around the lighthouse, so remember to wear comfortable shoes!
    As always, new members are always welcome at all of our events!

Location: We will be meeting at the snack bar/gift shop at the Montauk Lighthouse.

About our decision to go ahead with the 9/11 meeting date.

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Everybody,
    Are we all ready for our trip to Montauk Lighthouse? As we all know the cost of gas is outrageous. I suggest we all car pool and split gas costs.
    So far Triss, Chris, Dana and I are in one car.
    Who else is coming and who is driving? --BIlly

3. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    I can't make it - not with an 8 month old; she'd never sleep the whole ride there and back. But have a good time!
    Clive

4. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Obviously, I'll be driving. I should have two spots for in my car, though the two people who fill said spots must be willing to squeeze into the back. Who else is coming?

5. Yovino

Yovino Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2005
    i would like to go, but i dont have a drivers liscense seeing as i failed the road test like 5 times, so i need to get a ride from someone else. is there anyone driving that doesnt live too too far from Rockville Centre?
    -Bill

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Sorry we missed you on this. I guess none of us checked the message board the night before.

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    DockingBay 516 Meeting #35 minutes
    --------------------------
    Sunday, September 11, 2005
    At Montauk Lighthouse, Montauk Long Island
    Docking Bay 516 celebrated its 3rd Anniversary with a day trip to the farthest east point on Long Island.
    Decision to meet on September 11 :
    September meeting date decision

With the beginning of 2005, DB516 switched to a "second Sunday" plan for meeting dates. When looking ahead at the year's schedule, we realized that meant the September meeting would fall on 9/11. At the time, we decided to wait until the date drew nearer to decide whether to change it.

We discussed it at the August meeting. It wouldn't have been difficult to change the date to Saturday the 10th. But, the majority of us agreed that it was important to carry on as normal on that day. That, by changing our plans for that date, we would be doing exactly what the terrorists wanted.

So, it is not that we are forgetting. We will never forget. Rather, we chose that day as one to spend together, as friends.

Meeting started at 1:35 PM
    Prior Events Recap
    ------------------
    --The Paul's Summer BBQ
    -- Dragon*Con in Atlanta - Friday, Sep 2 - Monday, Sep 5
    -- Big Apple Con in Manhattan Saturday, Sep 10 - Sunday, Sep 11

Upcoming Events
    ---------------
    -- ROTS DVD/Battlefront 2 release Midnight Event Monday, 10/31
    DB516 will attend either officially or unofficially at a midmight Lucasfilm sanctioned event at a major chain retail store yet to be confirmed. Best Buy Westbury is rumored.
    -- ROTS DVD/Battlefront 2 release day Tuesday 11/1 - DB516 is negotiating to host a store in costumes. One being looked at is Best Buy, Levittown.
    -- ROTS DVD/Battlefront 2 Release Star Wars Day at Hollywood Video/Game Crazy Ronkonkoma, Saturday, November 5, 4 PM - 8 PM This is a confirmed DB516 costuming event. Everyone is invited.
    DB516 will have a fan club table, our famous "Shoot Jar Jar " game, and prizes. Moorglade will be making posters to promote the event.

-- Fan Films hosted by Clive at Westbury Public Library - Friday, November 18 (time TBA)
    - Not just Star Wars! Detail;s to be posted on the message boards.

Event Planning
    --------------

Meeting schedule
    - Next meeting on Sunday, October 9
    - Following meeting on November 13

One-man Star Wars and LOTR - DB516 is planning a group viewing. Possibly in costume. Master Sifo-dyas is checking on the arrangments.

Viewing Party
    - Star Wars Holiday Special Viewing Party 4 in December or New Years party.
    - Hosted by Rob TKAOS
    Details TBA at October meeting

Weeknight dinner event
    - September and/or October. DB516 would like to plan a monthly club dinner get-together. Late September will be the first. Date TBD on the message boards. Bowling possibly will follow dinner.

- Star Wars Bowling - no new news to report.

- MEPA trip to Ren Faire in PA - some members are interested. Date is an important factor. We will wait on more concrete details.

Other events to be discussed at the October meeting - Hospital Visit event, Halloween Event, Christmas Party, MEPA Cantina 2007

Other Information
    -----------------
    --DB 516 Fan Film - progress of club fan film. Nothing new to report.

Club Business
    -------------
    Treasurer's report and voluntary dues collection for coming events including ICON table expenses and possible participation in a metro-area group table at 2/06 NYV Comic Con at the Javitts Center.
    Meeting adjourned 2:50 P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.