main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #4 - City Rep candidates

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    As suggested by Darth-Zod, we need to meet in person so we can discuss who is interested in running for City Rep. The rest of the organization (or lack of it depending on the day) we can work out as well.

Since everyone seems to have plans for May16th, how about we meet on the Sunday May 19th? 2nd floor Foodcourt...Southpark Mall...4pm...in the back by the Palpatine lookn' window (where we met the 1st time).

Even if you're not interested in running for City Rep (or anything else) please try to come. If you can't, Private Message me and I'll bring your message to the meeting (that way everyone gets a say in the matter)

2. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I don't care about the nominations being on line. I think the actual vote should be done at a meeting. Consider this situation. The vote for city rep is done through a poll. You are running against me. Let's say I have five different screen names. I could log on under each one of those screen names and vote for myself for city rep. At the end of the election I win because of it. Now if that happened to me, I sure would be upset. The proper way is one vote per person, not per screen name.

For all we know, this could have happened during the nickname vote. There were seventeen votes in that poll. Has there even been seventeen regular posters in these threads?

I don't mean to harp about this, I just don't want to see someone get screwed over. These titles mean a lot to some people on these boards.

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You have a very good point there Zod. THe problem with having the vote at the meeting is...if someone can't make the meeting; they'll undoubtably feel left out of the process.

I actually like the idea of having an election at this meeting. And we can still have a "secret ballot" so nobody's feeling get hurt. All we need is everyone to take turns casting our votes; and someone (or better yet a couple people) stay around long enough to count them. I'd like to give the option for those who can't attend to vote...but we'll need to work on that.

So who's in for Southpark? Padawan and I are "good to G-O" (Sam Jackson reference)

4. Darth_Domin

Darth_Domin Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I would definatle like to attend a meeting and mingle with some fellow fans. However, I must admit, being a new member I am not sure what all goes on at the meetings. Can anyone tell me or fill me in?

Also, are people interested in starting a gaming club (specifically for the new TCG). I am thinking about organizing some play and possibly tourneys if people would be willing to participate.

Thanks for you time.

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Our meeting are very casual; this meeting will be the first time we talk about our organization. Everyone has a say on issues, but we need to elect a "City Rep" to act as our voice with FanForce.net.

6. BobertV123

BobertV123 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    I'd love to come...May have to work though.... Is there any way a descision could be made on who is in the running...so we could give someone (via PM or something) our votes....if we can't be at the meeting(?)

Or at least have a short list of those up for the spot....

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Anybody not able to attend but wishing to vote should PM two people who are attending, and have no interest in being City Rep. That way no one person can lie about the votes he or she is carrying for others. Since I really don't want to be City Rep, I'd be willing to do this.

8. Degalos

Degalos Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm kinda new to the Cleveland area. Is this meeting open to everyone?

Degalos
    degalos@hotmail.com

9. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    NO!

just kidding, ya, sure, come on by, always looking for new members!

10. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I will definitely try and make this meeting. Arranging for no work on that day, hopefully.

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Please excuse Pas, he obviouisly has his ponytail pulled a little too tight today. All our meetings are open to anybody that wants to come. If you need directions or anything just ask.

12. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Choosing a logo would also be a good topic for discussion. If you made up a logo, print it up and bring it along with you. If you can't make it, ask someone who is going to bring in your submission. Check here: (FanForce Logos) to see what other clubs use for their logo.

At least one of us from TBX will be making it out for the meeting. Can't wait to see everyone again!

13. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    DonC, I got a hair cut

14. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Ok, everyone is beginning to confuse me. At meeting number 4 were just discussing who wants to run for city rep, no vote, right? That way everyone can think about who their going to vote for and candidates can campaign if they wish. Then we?ll have the vote at meeting 5.

If we start accepting absentee ballots, were going to run into the same problem as a poll vote. Anyone with sock accounts could skew the vote. I am not interested in running, so why don?t DonC and I oversee the election. We?ll accept nominees at meeting 4. At meeting number 5 the vote will be held. Members who have been to a previous meeting may submit an absentee ballot to DonC and myself by privet message. Each of us must receive it in order for it to be valid. New members will have to make one of the next two meetings in order to vote. That?s the only way we can tell you?re a unique individual.

How does that sound to everyone?

15. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Are the clones unique individuals? What if I bring a clone of myself to the next meeting to vote for me? Does his vote count?

Just kidding. I think that sounds like a plan Zod and Don. I also think we should enforce a "no self-nominations" policy, where you must be nominated by someone else. And I think absentee ballots are acceptable as long as people do come to one of the next 2 meetings (so if they can't make one they can make the other and we know they are "real" and not a "sock")

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Well, since this has shifted from a online election to an "in-person" election...then we should voice our desire to run for City Rep at meeting #4. I already stuck my neck out there, so I'd rather not have to take back my nomination (if nobody objects).

Don and Darth-Zod, if you don't mind handling the election...that would be great! I can't really do it becuase I've already expressed my interest. Just for clairification sake, (since we didn't take attendance at meeting #2) will the idea of veteran members voting via PM be practical? Wonder if we could get a copy of who sent e-mails to Force.net saying they went to meetings 1-3?

NOTE: We need to start taking attendance (both screen name and real name) at every meeting.

I'm with Random on this, I think we've got a plan for holding an election. So, I'll e-mail Fanforce about the meeting then. And tell them to note our plans for City Rep elections.

17. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Random, you can bring you clones, but your droids have to wait outside! We don't serve their kind here! ;)

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    When we take attendee can we say both. becasue I only remember most of your screen names. Only a few of you I know you real names and that just doesn't seem right!

19. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    I don't see a problem with self-nomination. As long as that person understands what they are nominating for. City Rep is a big responsibility, as is moderator.

Personally, I'm throwing my hat into the Moderator vote. I'll be honest and admit that I don't have time for City Rep, but I'd consider it an honor to be a mod.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "Anybody not able to attend but wishing to vote should PM two people who are attending, and have no interest in being City Rep." DonC

Just a reminder, if you've been to at least 1 of the 2 meeting in Cleveland (or CelebrationII) and can't attend meeting #4 (and would still like to vote), send a PM to DonC AND Darth-Zod!

I'm sending the notice to Fanforce.net about meeting #4, so it's on for May 19th Southpark Foodcourt/in the back by the large SW-esque window. If anyone has questions...I'll have them contact Don AND Darth-Zod. That way, I finish what I started with this meeting, and still stay out of the way (since I'm running for CR).

EDIT: GrnJalera has a point, "City Rep is a big responsibility, as is moderator." And I'd think you and Random will make great Mods (can't wait for that election).

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    What time is the meeting?

22. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought it said 4pm but I don't know for sure.

23. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    Krash - "Since everyone seems to have plans for May16th, how about we meet on the Sunday May 19th? 2nd floor Foodcourt...Southpark Mall...4pm...in the back by the Palpatine lookn' window (where we met the 1st time). "

First post :)

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Why not...Southpark seems like our "foodcourt of choice." And Southpark is a very accessable mall (just off I-71 at route 82 westbound). It seemed like the best place to have a meeting where we can talk things out. :)

Besides, I like the fact that we're meeting at that "Cloud City lookin' window" kinda gives it a more SW atmosphere.

25. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I thought that it was the "Palpatine lookn' window" Krash. :p

Oh, my mom and I are coming. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.