main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting 4 minutes

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Members in attendance:

Jayna
    Commander_Clone
    Q99213
    Lady_Eldaelen

The meeting was held at 1500 (3pm) at the Denny's on ISB and Clyde Morris and lasted until 1630 (4:30pm)

We went over a set of ground rules for the club, which I will be posting on the website and in another thread.

We voted on our name, which is now officially the Daytona Beachtroopers and we briefly discussed a logo/banner, so be thinking of things before the next meeting. So far we like the idea of a Stormtrooper riding a surf board.

We set a date for the lightsaber party, which is the weekend of the 29th and 30th. If you have any issues with this date, please let Jayna know.

We also discussed a basic layout for the website, which I will be working on tonight. If anyone has any pics of themselves in costume that you would like me to post, please e-mail them to me.

We also decided that we are going to try and hold at least one official meeting per month, so how does April 12th or 13th sound to everyone??

That was about it. If I missed anything, please let me know so I can include them in the minutes.

2. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm sorry that I was unable to attend the meeting today. No thanks to 'Agent Cody Banks' I was asked to come to work early today. I will try to come out in April, the 13th is good for me. I just have one question... I don't understand the new name?
    I quess I thought it was going to be Jedi related.

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, I was just hoping for a Jedi-related name. We discussed our options and though the beachtroopers was most appropriate. I like it! :D

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I too think it's a good name. And Jayna, when we get our Jedi Armor I see no reason why we can't consider ourselves Jedi Beachtroopers ;)

5. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Okay, I thought it was leanding towards a Snowtrooper like conitation. I'm surprised that you guys picked that name because I was certain that it would have dealt with Aviation, or Racing.

6. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I like the name "Beachtroopers." It sounds like some kind of slacking STs that patrol DBS or something.
    Is there anything I can do to help out with stuff? I doubt I'd be able to get a ride to a meeting until June (cause I live sorta outside DeLand) but I'd be glad to do something before then.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Liana: Hmmmm, I don't know if we really have anything to do besides the website. Can you do any computer graphics or even hand drawing? Start thinking about a logo and banner to display on the boards :)

8. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I can supply some images via the collectible card game that I can scan for the banner. I think I have some sandtrooper card images in there somewhere.

9. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, our mission is to come up with a design for our logo. You could definitely help with that, Liana!

We all need to start thinking of ideas for our general logo, our banner, an icon, and a design for our t-shirts.

Cards would be a great resource! I'll be checking through RPG guides myself.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Anything you come up with, I can digitize :)

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What about a guy in a bathing suit, an island shirt, and a trooper helmet, sitting in a beach chair, sipping on some colorful drink? I got that after watching one of my favorite Farscape episodes and Harvey get's introduced for the first time. How funny is this: [image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/gallery/images/800/401harvey1.jpg]

I guess you have to watch it to really understan, but I think it's great! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.