main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #4 (Viewing Episode II)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Apr 25, 2002.

?

Meeting #3 (Viewing Episode II)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Midnight Showing (Night of the 15th) - Please explain your vote.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Early Thursday Evening (Night of the 16th) - Please explain your vote.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
  2. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I would like to catch the midnight viewing for the following reasons:

3. I want to participate in the line up

4. Meet lots of die hard fans = New recruits

5. Many people dressed up in costume and the hype in the theatre was overwelming for Episode I - The Phantom Menance

6. I just can't wait! May 16th is my birthday :D

7. I like the midnight atmosphere and I bet we could crash an after party somewhere's OR hold our own

8. NOT MANY KIDS!

9. For those of you who are from outside of Lafayette, I would be willing to purchase your ticket if you promise to reimburse me.

EVERYONE, please VOTE according to your preference NOT how you think the group feels. That way we can decide what is best for the majority.

I am willing to watch it both days to tell the truth. :)

10. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    My personal reasoning is...Yeah, Like I'm going to wait! LOL Have to see the first feature.

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey Swamp what is your best guarntee that we will even be able to get in at the midnight feature?

12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I will get in line early and secure thickets. For TPM I got in line a day ahead of time. So that would mean I would begin standing in line around the morning of the 14th.

The ticket booth will open and sell tickets to the midnight showing the morning of the 15th.

I go home, freshen up and rest. Then YOU jump in line to secure a good seats for everyone, early the evening of the 15th.

The rest of us show up just before showtime, and . . . "BOOM-D-GASa! Wesa all sitt'in heavenly watching the picture thing-O come 0001 A.M. on the 16th."

You see, I have it all worked out! :D

13. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    Well everyone,
    Looks like our resident Gungan has it all figured out. Of course if he speaks with that accent while we're in the theater I may have to shoot him. LOL Can I get a second on that motion? LOL

DG

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I can't help it. That's what happens when you watch TPM too many times. It sort of grows on you.

You just wait and see. Jar-Jar is the anit-hero of this trilogy. In part II he is the senator who hurt us the most. In part III, he may even become [face_laugh] JEDI-Jar-Jar. He will be the one responsible for bringing the Jedi Order too it's knees, not Vader. You will see. He is our new master now.

15. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I probably will not know my schedule for next week until later this week. Construction schedules really are not fixed until a few days before, and even then can change due to weather or other problems. Also, my sister really wants to see the movie too (she [face_love] 's Anakin) and would like to go with me to watch it. She has a final that thursday morning so the midnight showing is out for her. Anyway, I am still undecided as to when I can watch the movie right now.

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    My finals are complete on Tuesday morning. I understand the feeling though! Oh, well I hope everything works out.

17. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I will be participating in the line-up. Who's with me? I will be passing out our cards in line to generate interest in our group.

If you are from out of town and will need tickets for the midnight show, please respond in this thread.

Also, does anyone think we should attempt a fund-raiser? Other FanForce groups take advantage of these events (SW Episode Premiers) as a way of raising money for charities.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
  19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I have a bit of sad news. Well really not sad but. Oh well here it is: My Uncle is coming down from Callie next week. We hardly get to see him so I don't know if I will be attending the AOTC viewing with yall. :( I will update though.

20. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Bumber :( Heck! Tell him to come too. :D

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ha yeah right!

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Visit with you uncle then explain that you just have to see this movie ASAP. He'll understand. It's at midnight for christ sake! The guy will be sleeping.

Your the City Rep., you have to be there. Just messing with you. If it's important, I understand, and I am sure everyone else will too.

---------------------------------------

Everyone else,

I let you know my plans for this event, what are yours? Who will be able to make the line-up and who needs us to buy tickets because you can't stand in line with us? Also, if you want tickets what's your plan for reimbursement OR getting the money to us up front? PLEASE, I can't afford to stand there with unused tickets in my hand, so don't make a request if you are not sure you will be able to show up. Not trying to sound like a horse's rear-end, but my generosity only goes so far. I do want to see you all at the show, so I am willing to help any way I can. Just don't want to come out on the short end of the stick is all.

23. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    Well my plans for sitting in the theater all day on thursday watching the movie are shot. BUT, I will be there at the midnight showing...along with some possible new recruits who don't know they are possible new recruits yet. LOL I won't get there till around 7 or 8, but let me know when you plan on getting there to start lining up and I'll get some cash to you.

DG

24. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    OK. This is the deal. I seem to be the only member of FanForce Acadiana who is able to get in line early enough to secure tickets for the midnight feature. Almost everyone has asked for me to get a ticket for them. In order to meet these request I will allow Amber, my daughter to join me for the midnight show. Be sure to show your gratitude to her when you see her. She will be missing part of school Wednesday morning and staying up way past her bedtime that night in preperation for Thursday at school. As you remember, when you were 11 years old, an event such as this would have been a big inconvienience. Yea, right! :D Aren't I the good parent? ;)

I will be arriving after my last final Tuesday, as early as possible. I will be leaving for school packed! Standing in line by myself until dinner. At that time (hopefully!) Jacqui will arrive with Amber and some Taco Smells! Jacqui is not one to be inconvienced, so she will be going home for the night (not too interested in SW, but supportive!). Amber will spend the night, so she will be able to purchase her quota of tickets also. When I did this line-up thing for TPM, three years ago, each individual was limited to a 5 ticket purchase. This is who we will be purchasing for:

Swampsurfer:
  25. me

26. just_Jeffery

27. YO-SOLO

28. DarthRender

29. Darth_Guido (Who I never even met!)

30. Amber
  31. herself

32. JEDI-SOLO

33. Jacqui

34. Kelly

35. Lord_Sidious

36. RED=Not sure if they will attend.

37. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    Sounds like a plan man. I'll be swinging by sometime tuesday afternoon if all goes well to pass some cash your way. I open wed morning so I'll get up to the theater sometime around 6:30 or 7ish, give or take. Have to come home, change and do the family thing and grab the digital camera of course.

DG

38. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    JEDI-SOLO and Kelly, also Lord_Sidious: If you need Amber to purchase tickets for you, as in the plan above, please leave a message with my girlfriend [Hint: It's like leaving a message on my personal phone]. I will be leaving to get tickets in the next 1/2 hour.

Countdown = 1Day, 14Hours, 26Minutes, and 45Seconds

Remember tickets will be sold tomorrow morning, so you must act fast. May the Force be with you. :)

39. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Nice countdown Swamp! Like I said swamp we won't be there. :( We will be doing family stuff since we haven't seen him in a couple of years. I asked him about going to Laf to see it but he said no. I don't even know WHEN I will get to see AOTC now! Hopefully soon, I will be at the next meeting and I have been working on a new recruit from Baton Rouge. She seems very eager to go!

40. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey Swamp I just got your message. I hope you don't think my voice mail is to mean! ;) I left that on for a joke a few months ago and just never took it off.

41. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Missing work this week is really not an option for me. :( So will not be able to make it to the first show. Also, I promised my sister that I would bring her to see AOTC thrusday night (if it is possible) after her final exam is over.

42. Jedi_Master_Rssoh

Jedi_Master_Rssoh Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I'm catching the noon showing at the Westwood Theater on Congress St. tomorrow (May 16). Unfortunately, due to work constraints... that was the soonest I could go.

43. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Well we will miss you, JEDI-SOLO and the beautiful Kelly. Have fun with the uncle. About the voice-mail, I have no clue what you are refering to, and when & if I stumble upon it, I will take it light-heartedly.

-----------

Lord_Sidious, is it possible for you to get me tickets to the show at Tinsel Town? If so, I might join you. I am so pumped about this movie! We will miss you here though.

-----------

Jedi_Master_Rssoh, welcome to the group!

------------

I showed up after my last final around 11:30a.m. Sat in line all day and could not read but one chapter of this SW novel I am working on. It was the hype man! Could not focus. Darth_Guido, DarthRender, then just_Jeffery each showed up and greased my palm for tickets. At cost of course ;) YO-SOLO taking care of his monitary obligation well in advance, we will have 5 of 10 original members present. I have a strange feeling we will be seeing a lot more members soon. Many fans responded positive to the information I offered concerning our group.

Amber and I are just home long enough to freshen up and then we will be back in line to assure we have the best seats in the house! See you all in line. DarthRender, I will have your CD of SW stuff for you in line. More to come on this awsome event later! May the Force be with you all.

44. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Got back to the line-up around 3:00PM and cought up on some sleep. Everyone began showing up at around 7:30pm. My girlfriend, Jacqui came by with a birthday cake for me and we had my birthday, complete with the traditional Happy Birthday song to me and new member to be (no username yet) Nate. His birthday is not until a few more days, but close enough. :) Darth_Guido was late, but brought his digital camera. On that note I made a general announcement to ask that any fans who are serious about signing up with us step in for a group picture. I must say I was impressed. If everyone in the picture follows up, we may increase 5-fold. Excellent! We all made many friends in this experience, I only pray that these friendships continue and grow here in the FanForce Acadiana forums and at our meetings. The movie was a gas! There were some mixed reactions, but I will allow everyone who wants to share their feelings speak for themselves. So please feel free to make your feelings known in this thread.

----------------------------

I felt that it was a joy ride from out of this galaxy! It was absolute fun and is worthy of the name STAR WARS. However, I need to watch it a few more times to decide where it ranks among the other 4 movies. I do know this much, it beats the hell out of TPM! :D I left with the realization that more is not necessarilly better. Meaning, uncle George throws too much at us visually and we are forced to pass judgement too soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.