main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting # 40 on February 12, 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I guess the president forgot. Basicly his remarks would be that the meeting is cancelled for a 4 Pm or a 6 PM start.
    If we determined the roads are clear enough by 6 PM we may go out for dinner near the Broadway Mall at 8 PM, not an official meeting or anything. That also depends on if the restaurants are open.
    We are going to look to reschedule the official meeting for the weekend or near the weekend of Comic Con.
    That period of time seems to be the best for a majority of us to attend. --Billy

2. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Well, either way i'm staying home so I'm taking off my three pair of corduroys.

3. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    I didn't forget. I was waiting until I had something definitive to post about restaurants. Every restaurant that's open now (Boulder Creek, Ruby Tuesday's, Chili's Westbury) intends to remain open until their usual closing time (either 10 or 11 PM). However, every single one advised calling before we head over. I think chances are very good that finding an open restaurant won't be a problem.

Anyway, the plan as discussed at noon was to make a decision at 3 PM, which is about 45 minutes from now. If enough people are available and willing to brave the snow, we'll have a real meeting over dinner. Otherwise, we will do a dinner social event and try to reschedule the meeting as Billy said.

I'll post more sometime after 3 PM -- give me a bit of time talk to everyone on the phone (including the restaurants).

4. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    I've got 15 inches:( here in Ronkonkoma. I
    was out for an 1hr & 1/2 and i didnt finish.:_|
    Its not gonna end here in suffolk til 6/7pm:rolleyes:

5. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    It seems like we're not going to have enough people for a meeting tonight. However, some of us still want to get together for a dinner social.

I propose Chili's in Westbury at 7:30 PM.

We should chat again at about 5:30 to make sure everything is going smoothly, but I don't expect any major changes to the plans.

6. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Billy did lots of digging, and we still don't have the cars free. Our neighborhood is strange, though. We'll get a bunch of snow up here, and then once you get down the hill there's a lot less. My old job never used to believe me when I would tell them I was still snowed in.

You realize, of course, that a difference of only one week would have meant... DonnerCon II!

Although, it could snow again next week... [face_thinking]

7. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    So now what happens? (oh, and how was dinner?)
    Clive

8. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    We haven't picked a date for the meeting, although there's talk of having it one of the Comic Con days, since probably a lot of us will be together anyway.

9. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I think the majority of peeps here AREN'T going on Saturday, so it might make sense to do it then...it doesn't seem like enough are interested in going on Sunday anyway, so that might not work.

10. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Ah yes, the confusion. Gotta love it.

My understanding was that we were going to pick the day that people _are_ going so that everyone will already be in the same place that day. What do we actually want to do?

Dinner was good, but lightly attended. :)

11. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm going to be able to attend Comic-Con Saturday since that is the day I took off.

12. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Oh, okay...well, let's see how this works out. :p

Got direction? 8-}

13. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Now I'm confused.

I thought Moriah was saying that we should have a regular club meeting on the day that people won't be at Comic Con so we can have more people at the meeting.

14. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Never mind. Disregard me. I'm not the president. Just do what Abhay says. :p

15. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    No you're not, but people always seem to ask your advice on stuff.

Well, either way I won't be at Comic Con.

If you are meeting there, I'd prolly have to miss it.

16. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I was planning to goto comicon on Sunday, but I could be convinced to do Saturday.
    Two options to consider:
    If we dont have eveerybody on either Saturday or Sunday, How about we do a dinner / meeting on Friday night 2/24
    or
    If we all agree to go on Saturday to Comicon, we could leave Sunday noon open for our regular meeting on Long island.
    What do you think?
    Is there anyone who definitly will be attending Comicon on Sunday? --Billy

17. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    Billy,I'm working all 3 days
    Friday (24) 11-8
    Sat (25) 8-5-plus unloading a truck YUK!
    Sun (26) 8-5

I could meet up w/ everyone on the Island on
    anyday after work.

18. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    I just saw early forecast. It says
    snow for us Thrusday & Friday:oops:

19. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    It looks like we are cancelling the meeting for February. The March meeting is only two weeks away March 12. --Billy

20. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Mr. Secretary of the Treasury, do you want to renumber all the subsequent meetings so that the March meeting is Meeting 40? Or do you want to skip Meeting 40 entirely?

21. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I think we should still have a meeting # 40 So that is the March meeeting. I'll have the web mistress post it on the web site --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.