main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting #42 Saturday, May 13

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ark3, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Docking Bay 516's next meeting will be on Saturday, May 13 (not Sunday -- that would be Mother's Day). Club business will be discussed starting at 11 AM, to be followed by general discussion at noon. For this meeting we are trying to pick an outdoor location, but we will fall back to our usual spot at the Broadway Mall food court if the weather is unpleasant.

Future meetings are listed on our meetings page.

2. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Awww man....I gotta be somewhere on the 13th :oops:

3. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I told everyone already, but just in case anyone forgot this is the first meeting in a long time that I'll have to miss. :( I have a leather beltmaking workshop in Brooklyn to attend for the Rebel Legion, and that was the only day they could agree on. I really have to get my stuff done, so...I'll see y'all in June, if you don't do anything inbetween. [face_tired]

4. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Okay, since the meeting is less than a week away... I'm going ahead with Eisenhower Park as the location. If that's okay with everyone? :D

As posted on the other thread: Drive to parking lot 2, then walk into the park on the main path from the lot. There are a number of picnic benches off to the right that we can arrange as needed. And I suggest making ourselves obvious, with lightsabres or something, to make it easier to find us.

5. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    I looked for a map of the park, but the best I could find was this one, which is really a satellite photo. Still, it helps clarify the spot where we'll be.

Zoom in on the south end of the park - you'll see baseball fields and the Children's playground on the left. There's a parking lot just above and to the right of the playground - that's Lot 2. We'll be at the tables just north of the lot.

This is also the end closest to Hempstead Turnpike, and if I remember correctly you can even see the Friendly's from the parking lot.

Hope that helps!

6. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Triss, I just watched the news the say
    heavy rain/flooding for LI friday/Saturday.

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    So I guess if there is any rain at all we should just meet at the Mall instead. Even if the rain stops before meeting time, all the benches will be wet. --Billy

8. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    Hey all,
    This will be the first meeting I will not be able to make(grrr..:mad: ).The warehouse sale started this week and tomorrow I'll be working until at least 4pm.I'll call someone later tomorrow for a recap.Enjoy.
    -Chris

9. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    Yeah, I've heard rain all weekend too. Ah well.

Here's the plan: unless it's bright and sunny tomorrow morning, consider the meeting to be back at Broadway Mall.

And I have the cats on a good schedule for their meds, so for once Billy and I will be able to hang out after the meeting.:D

Chris... maybe you can meet up with us later on, for dinner or something?

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Okay its 40 minutes before meeting time and its over cast outside so according to what the CR said, the meeting ashould be at the mall location.
    We'll save the outdoor meeting for June when its a nice day out. --Billy

11. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Docking Bay 516 Meeting # 42
    Sunday May 13, 2006

Prior Events Recap
    ------------------
    Conventions
    - Kaboom History of Special Effects presented by Clive Young
    Long island Library
    4/21/06 Very good presentation but a little long
    Upcoming Events
    ---------------
    - 5/15/06 Homemade Hollywood presentation (Fan films) Belmore Public Library presented by Clive Young
    - 5/17/06 History of Rock Concerts Baldwin Public Library presented by Clive Young

- Hollywood Video Star Wars Day September 16, 2006 location TBA

- Big Apple Con June 24-25 Possible AeroSith performance tentative.

- Dragon*Con - September 1-4, 2006 More to be discussed in the summer meetings.

I-CON Planning and discussion
    - DB516 trip to Great Adventure Date Tuesday June 6, 2006 Raindates: 6/13 or 6/20
    Rob, Dana, Dan, Tim, Triss, Ark.
    Check with Kenny, Clive, Chris, Moriah

Next meeting Sunday June 11, 2006 11 AM at Cantiague Park Long Island. Special BBQ meeting in the park. Details will be posted on the FF boards. Rain location: Broadway Mall Hicksville

-- Club Buisness --- None. No dues collected.

-- Ken Deep's Dr. Who lecture and Q & A session

Meeting adjourned 12:25

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.