main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Meeting 45... When?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Well, I think the last meeting was the best we've had in a while, I'm glad everyone was able to make it. So onto the next meeting. I'm not bothering with a poll this time around since that hasn't worked well in months. Just post when you're available and we'll try to work something out.

I know I'm not available on the 11th or the 20th and I'm also out on Wednesday or Sunday nights because of hockey.

I believe Kai is in town until the 17th so if we had the meeting before then he could probably go.

Also, keep in mind that the "Unofficial Disneyland Star Wars Day" is Sunday, June 25th. I don't know if Kelsey and I will go or not, if anyone is planning to go let me know.

Oh, I'm not going to make a "where" poll since we agreed on PF Changs last time but we couldn't pull it off so we'll do that this time around if we can swing it.

So yeah, post your schedules and we'll see what happens.

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Wednesday's are generally tough... and we tutor Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings.

The first weekend of June is out for me, but I think the others are OK.

Earlier, if it's south, is easier for me, since I don't generally have any energy at night, and it's hard driving when you're achy and dizzy and exhausted.

Or, you can just schedule it for whenever everyone else can make it, and if I do, I do.

:~)

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Wow, this is like those old Clue books, trying to figure out seating arrangements. o_O

I don't have any needs or wants, so whatever is easiest for everyone else. Where is the PF Chang's around here? I don't remember one.

4. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yes, it is like Clue, and it sucks!

PF Changs is in TO, it's pretty new. It's right next to the Civic Arts place on TO Blvd.

5. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Anyone else have any schedule's they'd like to post? Mike, Jonathan, I'm looking in your direction.

6. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I actually just started a new job with self-appointed hours, so I just need to know when so I don't schedule on it.

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Just an addendum...tutoring will be cutting back a bit, and will be earlier starting the 19th.

Wednesdays are still bad. :~) Also, the 16th is out, and the 12th is Mr.'s bday, so we're busy.

Um, yeah.

/ducks

8. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    The weekend of the 16th is definitely out, since I'm graduating. I'm requesting new hours for summer from work, so we'll see how receptive they are. I'll keep you all posted, but I should definitely know something by next weekend.

9. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    i'm always good since i don't work nights, but like mike said the 16th is graduation so im going to bri's and the next day her parents are throwing her a little party, so thats out to, but any time else im good

10. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Congrats, Keiran! :~)

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay. I'm thinking the week of the 19-23rd. Not Wednesday so that leaves...

Monday the 19th
    Tuesday the 20th
    Thursday the 22nd
    Friday the 23rd

The meeting will most likely be around 5:00 or 6:00 and hopefully at PF Changs in TO, but that's flexable.

It would be nice to settle on this soon so those who need to arrange their work schdeules etc. can do so.

Also, I'd prefer it wasn't on that Tuesday since I have some other things going on that day, but if that's the only day the rest of the group can do I can make time.

12. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Thursday the 22nd works for me.

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I think that could work, as long as I have a heads' up. We're taking Noah to swim lessons that week and the week after from 5:10-5:40 (so being gone from 4:45-6:00 ish), but I could skip one night if I know in advance.

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, I really won't know until the end of this week or next week, once the work schedule is posted then I can finalize my availability.

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I'll just keep watching here, then, for whatever is decided. :~)

You guys do whatever works best for most of you, and if I can come, I'll be there!

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Gah! Nevermind. I'm probably out.

I was informed this morning I'm on "total" bedrest now. No more going out much, no housework, no errands.

/pout

17. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Oi. Bedrest sounds boring. I hope you get through it all okay.

Mike, any word on your work schedule for the 22nd?

18. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    No clue yet. I know for sure I am free Monday and Tuesday (19th and 20th)...

19. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Bedrest stinks. However, it's been modified down some pending the results of the THREE days of lab and scanning tests they did on me this week. Right now, I "only" have to do 2 hours in the morning, and 2 hours in the afternoon, but they have to be laying only on my left side, and I'm sure you can imagine how much Noah just loves to let me lay still and do nothing...

It would be cool if sitting here on the computer or being able to lay any which way were OK, but there's something specific about the physiology of it all that makes the left side optimal.

So, I can go out, but evenings and nights plus the bed rest time, I'm pretty much confined. If the next meeting is here in Ventura, I might be able to come.

Marma, I've got babysitting for Noah two days this week, so I'll try and see if I can manage to work on the costume then.

20. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    We could do it in Ventura if that's okay with everyone else. Thoughts?

By the way GB, if you don't think you'll be able to finish the costume stuff it's no big deal. I can probably find someone else who can do it for me. So I guess if you can't do it just bring the stuff to the meeting if you can make it or let me know and I can stop buy and grab it.

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey, it's OK if you guys want to keep the meeting down there. It sounds like it works for you guys! Maybe next month...or whenever.

I'll let you in the next couple days about the costume, marma!

22. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Okay, next Thursday is good for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.