main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #5 Cinemark Valleyview/Quaker Steak and Lube

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    We've been talking about getting together as a group for a showing of AOTC for a while, and we're due for our monthly "meeting." And the topic has been raised about meeting at other places then malls. So here's my proposal:

CINEMARK VALLEYVIEW - Go see AOTC on a digital screen (theater #13 for those at home) We pick a day, and everyone is responsible for getting thier own tickets to a show we decide on!

QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE - Either before or after, meeting up at the restaurant across from the theater. There is an outside patio (plenty of room for a large group of people to talk without alot of noise) And if you can't make the movie, meet us for dinner.

* 7:45 is a good time for the digital screen (we can meet/eat before or after) Any other suggestions?

* What day is better:
    Friday 6/28?
    Saturday 6/29?
    Sunday 6/30?

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    any is good 4 me.

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Same here. Any of those days are fine for me. Finally, an organized meeting that I should finally be able to attend!

4. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I think that I'm going to Six Flags on the 30th, but I still have to talk to my sister about that.

When I went to see AOTC with my sister, we got to Quaker Steak and Lube not too long before they closed after we saw the movie. Therefore, we should meet there before the movie.

Are you guys sure that they will still have AOTC in digital at the end of the month?

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I'm switching up jobs, so I'll have a consistent schedule now, and all those days should be alright for me now.

6. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Funny I'm doing that this Tuesday. Sunday is the only one good for me.

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Star Wars geeks + the bikers that usually hang at Quaker Steak = a fun evening for all [face_laugh]. *evil smile* This I have got to see.

8. NICK_FET

NICK_FET Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    i agree to have a meeting but we should check to see if the moive is still showing at the end of the month in theater 13.

someone should just pic a date and go with it

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    It's like PJD yelled to the bikers on opening night... "The Jedi Knights would totally take Hell's Angels!"

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    It would be fine for me. Then again, I go were Krash goes. But sure. :D

11. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    RANDOM! ROFLMAO!! I REMEMBER THAT!!!

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah dude, that made my evening. Ok, the movie made my evening, but that was a nice touch.

13. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    I should be able to make any of those. I'm thinking Sunday will be less crowded, though.

I also imagine it should still be in theater 13 by then. The only 2 big movies between now and then are Scooby Doo and Minority Report. I don't think that there will be a huge digital draw large than Star Wars for either of those, but you never know.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Talked to the people at Quaker Steak, and they said they don't do reservations...and that a group our size shouldn't be a problem. Their weekends are kinda busy, but if we can get outside that would make things easier.

So are we a "GO" for Sunday June 30th? JJJ, have you talked to your sister about Six Flags? If we go Sunday, are we up for an earlier show (10AM...1:15?...or later)

15. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I think if we went early, we would be less likely to hit a crowd. Then we could go to Quaker Steak for lunch.

16. Old_Benny

Oct 4, 2000
    I couldn't make to an early show. Maybe we could do the 4:20 and go the Quaker Steak & Lube for dinner afterward (or a late lunch before hand and really avoid the crowds).

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    That is the date for Six Flags, but the money had to be turned in by the 4th. (No matter, I'm going there the next Sunday. :D (And for cheeper! :p))

I'm with Benny. I couldn't make it to an early show. (aka 10am) I have to drive about an hour to get there [face_plain], and I'd have to get up really early to go.

Which times are matinees? (If any)

My mom said that she would come too. [face_plain] (I'm trying to talk her out of it... I don't think it's working... [face_plain])

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We've gotten an invite from Columbus to go see AOTC with a group of them Saturday the 29th...doesn't that figure [face_mischief] Do we want to shift our plans to hang out with them...or stay the course for Sunday the 30th?

EDIT: If we want to keep the meeting for Sunday, that doesn't mean we can't hang out with Columbus on Saturday!

19. Old_Benny

Oct 4, 2000
    I think we should shift to Saturday. All it means is larger crowds. We should move the meeting, too, so we all don't have to drive out again.

20. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Switching to Saturday, June 29 is fine with me.

21. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    As long as I see the movie it's fine with me either way.

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Saturday's cool with me.

23. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    It's cool by me. One thing though - is the Columbus group coming up here to view the movie or do we have to drive down there to meet them? If the latter is the case, then I ain't gonna waste gas going down for that. Valley View is my theater and I refuse to see AOTC on anything else (besides the DVD when it comes out in November). Nothing against the Columbus group but if they wanna meet then they should get their arses up here to view it in digital.

24. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Whoops! Forget that last post - I didn't see that new thread yet by the Columbus group. Guess they are getting their arses up here to view it in digital. I know one thing, it's damn worth the trip up here to see it in digital. It's like one giant, crisp , clean DVD movie on a big screen with thundering surround sound and huge comfy reclining seats that give La-Z-Boy a run for their money...*drools*

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm in for Saturday. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.