main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #5 Cinemark Valleyview/Quaker Steak and Lube

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Saturday, Saturday.
    Saturday nights all right.

2. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Saturday is no good for me. I work. I was hopeing to have a first meeting about our film on Sunday. Oh BTW I have found someone to be the Visuial Effects Supervisor. He is going to do all the CGI and help with the fights.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Saturday it is...I'll send word to FanForce!
    EDIT: Once Columbus gives us a movie time.

Depending on what time Columbus wants to see the show, do ya wanna hold our meeting at Q/S (Quaker Steak and Lube) before or after the movie?

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I was checking out the Columbus board I think they're going to want to go to the 4:20 show, maybe even the 1:15. I doubt they want to spend the night and it is a three hour drive.

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    As long as we go, I don't care what the time is.

6. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    I can do the 4:20, but not the 1:15. I think Coulumbus is leaning toward 4:20, as thery said they wanted a threeish show. I also guess Detroit is comming down, and their now planning to invite Pittsburgh, so we're aways off from a definate time.

If it does wind up being 4:20, I recomend meeting before the movie. Since Columbus and Detroit may be joining us, I don't fancy trying to get a table for that many at 6:40 on a Saturday at a resturaunt that dosen't take reservations.

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I suggest the 4:20 show, and if at all possible, getting the tickets early, or if possible the night before. If there are going to be a lot of people, then that's what we should do.

I was thinking maybe meeting at QS around 1, if not noon. Only a thought.

8. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Meeting before seems to be the best thing now. But for when to get the tickets, the few times we have gone.(only 4 at the same spot) We didn't have a problem getting tickets other then the first two times, which were during the first week. Not many people I know other then us are going a lot now.

9. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Okay.

Like I said, only a thought.

10. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I'm not saying it was a bad one only I don't think it will be a big problem. The fun will be meeting everyone there.

11. Master_MayimNaar

Master_MayimNaar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2001
    Hello, Cleveland.

Glad to hear this gathering is growing like the Blob. We're trying to get ourselves organized and counted to the person, so hopefully we'll get the desired time figured out ASAP. I think we'd prefer the later afternoon time as we have to stop to pick up one of our members in Massillon on our way up. We do have a thread going in our city forum, so if any of you folks have comments or info to share, please come on over and let us know.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

MMN

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Hidoe MMN! :)

We can't wait to meet you guys! :)

Massillon? I don't live too far from there, only around 40-45 minutes from there. :)

13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Well you all have fun and SOMBODY TAKE PICTURES!!!!!

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I have a potentially thorny question, are we sure we want to hold it at Quaker Steak & Lube. It's looking like FanForce members from Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Toledo, Pittsburgh, and Inidanapolis might be coming to town that day. I was thinking party-in-the-park before the movie. Bedford Reservation is only two or three miles from the theater, and not hard to find. I was thinking we could get some cheap hamburgers and hot dogs and throw a welcome party for all the people coming. Thoughts?

15. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    The numbers seem to be growing. I think we need to rethink our Quaker State thing for another day. Don's idea may not be that bad.

16. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Agree with Padawan 92, I do...

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    "Don's idea might not be that bad."

I get that a lot. :D

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Sounds good as long as you tell everyone where Bedford Reservation is, lol. For the TPM premiere, the caterer made Darth Maul (hot) Dogs. Anyone have either of the SW cooking books? Weesa would be muy muy happy if yousa could make some of dosa dishes. :)

19. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Someone is going to have to get a permit if we go to the Bedford Reservation.

Edit: Wouldn't the Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation be a better choice? It runs along W. Canal Road and Cinemark.

20. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I was thinking that too Zod about the Canal area, being that the theater is right there.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Now that we seem to be attracting a large group of people for the weekend of the 29th...Q/S sounds like an idea to save for another day. Don's plan for the park sounds good.

22. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    PLEASE SEE MY POST HERE

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I know JJJ, I want to save the digital screen as well; but it sounds like the theaters don't care about a quality projection...just more seats for "Scooby Doo/Minority Report/Lilo & Stitch." Let's have a backup plan for if/when VV drops the DLP.

Don's idea of a party in the park works; and I'm hearing from Columbus that people are still interested in coming up for a Fanforce party. We could hold our meeting in the morning while we set up, and have Columbus/Pittsburgh/Detriot sho up around noon-1pm and make it an all day party!

Sorry Reborn that "an organized meeting that I should finally be able to attend" is getting changed a bit...but this one was out of our control; and only the location is changing (slightly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.