main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting 5

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Jedipete33, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Hello everyone, I'm glad to say that our 4th meeting went really well though it was ashame Asyr couldn't come. We missed you honest. But that was the past and we are looking to the future. So now the time has come to look towards meeting 5.
    So I'd like to hear what everyone would like to talk about and where and when it will be a good time to hold our next meeting.
    So get posting!

2. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    YEAH ive been wanting to come to a meeting if its alright with you all? My friend Amanda who is also on the boards will most likely come with me too. Well we live in mechanicsburg its real close to harrisburg so its no problem for us to drive over near york or lancaster and its not that far either :) I look forward to the meeting

3. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I was talking to Xanthe and we have come up with a date of October 17th. If anybody can't make it that day or has a different day in mine, say so. As with a time any time is fine with me.

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    You and Amanda need to have a parent present since you are under 18. Scott and Andrew (JediPete33 and DarthAndre) always have at least one of their parents at the meeting. This just to make sure that there are no liability concerns.

Do you mean for it to be on Sunday? If so, I am great with that as Saturday I am not available. As for a time, it would have to be no earlier than 2 PM. I think that unless someone has a better suggestion that we could still have the meeting at Panera Bread in York where we had it last time.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey there!

I'm having some problems with getting the folks over at Reading together(haven't had activity on the board for a while) and I figured since I go up to Lancaster everyday for school, I might as well attend some meetings with you guys.

So, you mentioned a Sunday? That would work great for me. Saturdays are usually bad for me because of my work schedule, but Sundays may work.

6. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    The weekend of the 17th would be ok for me, although that weekend it would actually be easier to meet in Lancaster than in York.

7. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    As for the location of our next meeting having it farther north would be fine with me. I know it would make it much easier for you and anyone else that wants to come that lives farther north. If you know a good place to meet please feel free to suggest.

8. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I have a suggestion for our next meeting instead of just going to a place to talk, would anyone want to do something else? Like have a cookout, go play minature golf, or raid the local toy stores? I'm kidding about that last one.....or am I. Let me know what you think.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Lancaster would work better for me as well. I don't really care what we do, I'm pretty much open to ideas. Although, raiding toy stores isn't such a bad idea. :p

10. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Picnic Long's Park in Lancaster right across from Toys r us..

Just my 2 cents.

11. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Thanks for the idea, does this mean your interested in coming or you just like hanging out on our boards every few days.

12. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Depends if I'm free and where it's being held. I might crash the party :)

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I am all for the meeting being at Longs Park in Lancaster! But we should have a backup location nearby in case the weather doesn't allow for meeting outside.

So, if everyone agrees, here's how meeting 5 is looking:

Date: October 17th
    Time: 2:00 PM

Now we need to hammer out an agenda and if we are going to do more than sit and talk.

14. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    As of right now longs park is fine with me. And if there is rain I'm sure theres a starbucks nearby...I think. And its a no brainer with the Tru store across the street that we can go in and look around.

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alright, I just found out I will have Sundays off from work for a while, so I will be there.

And as it stands right now, are we still looking for something to do? May I suggest a barbecue/cookout/picnic?

16. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    To let you all know I will be in the Lancaster area tomorrow for the day. I plan on stopping at longs park to find a good area in the park to meet and a place to meet incase it rains. Which it won't because I used force sight.

Anyway if we all want to have a pinic I can supply a grill and some food for all of us.

17. Jedi_Master_Jones

Jedi_Master_Jones Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2004
    Hello all. I ran into one of your members at TRU on Saturday, and he told me I should join and come to the meeting.

I got to school at Millersville University. I know where Rt 30 is, and TRU, and Park City Mall, but I don't know how to get to Long's Park per say.

I hope to be able to make it to the meeting.

18. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Hi there kevin I'm jedipete33 or the kid you met at TRU Saterday. My real name is Scott and it was nice meeting you. I do hope you consider coming and I hope to see you there. To get to the longs park is simple. The park is across the street from the entrance of TRU.

19. Rogue5_Echo3

Rogue5_Echo3 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2004
    I'm hoping to be able to come to this meeting, with a parent of course. At the last minute I couldn't make the last one :(

20. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    When I went to Longs Park last week....ok it took me awhile to post. Anyway we can all meet at the first Pavillion on the main park road. From there we can pick any table in that area. And incase it rains we can just go to Park City mall again.

Now how about some ideas for our next meeting everyone. And if we're gonna have a pinic who wants to bring what?

I'll post a little later with some ideas.

21. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    What kind of food do you guys like at picnics? I can bring stuff...

22. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Here is a short list of things that I think might be a good idea:

Potato salad
    Baked Beans
    Chips
    Soda/Iced Tea/Lemonade
    Meat to cook (if we're grilling)
    Sandwiches (if we're just having a picnic)
    Buns for Hot Dogs/Burgers

Like I said, this is just a short list of ideas, if anyone else wants to bring something that isn't on the list, that'd be fine!

I make some great baked beans and can bring a few other things as needed!

23. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I'll supply the hotdogs, buns, a bag of chips, and the kechup/mustard.

What do we want to talk about also, is this a official business meeting or more of just a social gathering to talk about sw and anything?

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    If we make this meeting only a social one, then we'll have to make sure that we talk business at the November meeting. I think we should try to have small business agenda for this month's meeting, in case some members aren't able to make it for the movie.

25. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, I've got the burgers and buns, and baked beans!

Anyone else gonna bring anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.