main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting 5

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Jedipete33, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I'll supply what I have above and some drinks.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Scott, I wasn't talking to you when I was asking who else was going to bring stuff. You are bringing plenty.

Will I need to bring my small grill as well to make sure we have enough cooking space for the burgers and and hotdogs?

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Did anyone call drinks yet? If not, I got them covered. Did everyone want soda or tea/lemonade or something? If you want soda, let me know what kind.

4. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I can bring veggie burgers, pretzels/chips/or such and soda. But if we'll have enough drinks, I can bring slaw or potato salad.

5. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    My parents have a brand new minature grill that we can bring just to let you all know. So if it works we shall bring a grill also.

About the drinks coke or pepsi will be fine for me.

6. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Um, guys, I just checked out what weather.com is predicting for Sunday and it says the HIGH will be 59 degrees! I am thinking that this is going to be too cool to enjoy a BBQ/picnic. I'm not saying this is final, but let me know what ya'll think.

7. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I live for the cold.

8. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    That's cold. But I will wear multiple layers. :D

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...that does seem kinda cold. If we do change our minds, where would we hold it?

10. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    How about Park City mall again. If its alright or does anyone know a better place like a starbucks or sometning?

11. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Can't say as I know anything better, except to maybe try for Damon's or TGIFriday's and hope to get a big enough table.

Also, with the track record for predicting weather around here, I think we should leave the final decision until Saturday.

12. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Definately a good idea to wait. Can't help with the location so I will have to leave that up to your guy's superior knowledge. ;)

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, word is that it will be in the upper 50s, but there is next to no chance of rain. If everyone is willing to face the cold, I am not one to say no.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, I can go for it. Afterall, upper 50s isn't that bad. ;)

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    If nothing else, it'll bring the group close!

As we are all huddled around the grill trying to warm our hands! :D :p

I guess the main thing will be how windy or raw it is.

16. Jedi_Master_Jones

Jedi_Master_Jones Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2004
    Is this still the official plan?

Date: October 17th
    Time: 2:00 PM

I'm gonna try to come... but I wanted to make sure nothing has changed.

17. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    As far as I know its still go.

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm just wondering where exactly in Long's Park we're meeting. I'm not familiar with the area.

Also, I may be bringing a friend of mine with who's also a huge Star Wars fan. He's gonna let me know by tomorrow morning. Dave, you may know him from the Reading board - his username is Crazed_Ewok.

19. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    If you follow the main road in the park we can all meet at the first pavillion. But since its only for reserved use only we can just pick a table in that area around it.

20. Jedi_Master_Jones

Jedi_Master_Jones Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry I didn't make it. I didn't get out of work until 4:30. Hope you guys had a good time.

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry guys. I can't believe I did this. I layed down after church, ended up falling asleep and didn't wake up till 4pm. I hope you guys had a great time and I'll try to make the next one.

22. Rogue5_Echo3

Rogue5_Echo3 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2004
    :_| I couldn't make it!! I was doing the Crop Walk :) but that's a good cause...and I walked 8 miles...so I should be happy I guess ;)
    I hope you all had fun!!

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Nope, that's it you guys can't come to any more of the meetings! You had your chance and you BLEW IT! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p
    Aw, well, since ya'll have such good reasons for not being able to make it, I guess we can forgive you. We were a bit low on official members, but we had a pretty good time!

24. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I got to eat lots of hamburgers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.