Meeting #6

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    With "Celebration II.5" a success, and the John Williams concert coming up, we've got alot of fun stuff happening. But there are some things we couldn't discuss at the brief "meeting" at the party.

* future "Jedi Knights of Cleveland" website
    * potential Fanforce T-Shirt
    * defining the roles/duties of the "Jedi Council" appointed at meeting #5
    * update on the charity fundraising (from meeting #5)

And with the concert, and "Rite of Passage" going into production...there is alot of stuff going on. So, I'm proposing setting the date well in advance (to give plenty of time for people to make arrangements to be there.)

"Jedi Knights of Cleveland" meeting #6:
    Saturday, August 3rd

place: Southpark Mall Foodcourt 2nd floor (it's been good to us so far)

time: 2pm
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    First thing...are the two other members of the "Jedi Council" of Cleveland able to make it that day?

Anrev, since you've got some news about "Rite of Pasage" as well as the website issue, is the 3rd a good day for you?

If anyone needs directions to our usual meeting place at Southpark, please private message me, and I'll give you them.
  3. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    I can make the meeting. Although I'm going on vacation that next week, so I won't be around to manage any official votes we may need.
  4. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have anything planned, that I know of.
  5. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I work on Saturdays at 3 so no its not good for me. Noon would be better. Sunday would be best. But I know Sundays arnt good for everyone.
  7. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, if the Force is with me this time, I shall be able to attend this meeting. Last time my stupid car was broken down and foiled my plans. So hopefully, in the words of Lord Vader. "There will be noone to stop us this time!"
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I ought to be able to make it.

I'd like to make a suggestion...

I know it's difficult juggling posting names and real names, but if we are going to create a Council and are trying to emulate the Jedi order, can we start to introduce our Jedi names?

In case you haven't noticed from my profile, mine is Jedi Master Etra-Sco Pilna.
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Anrev, since you are a key element in a couple of the things we need to discuss...would Saturday @ noon or Sunday be better?

I'd like to nail down a day and time by this weekend, so there is time for people to make adjustments in their schedules to be there; and I can get word to Fanforce. If you can let me know which one makes things easier...that would be a good thing.
  10. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Lets do Sat at noon. I'll just go to work from there. I will have to leave at 2pm though.
  11. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Fine, Saturday...noon...Southpark foodcourt (2nd floor)...in the back by the large "SW-looking" window!

Since everyone seems tyo be sharing thier Celebration II pictures, should we bring our photos albums to compare; and share with those who couldn't make it?

Again, if anybody needs directions, contact me via private message.
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like a change of plans for me... I'm leaving to a cute Senator's home planet... Just kidding. I'm going to a cute sophomore chick's hometown instead.
  13. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Sithspawn, It's going to be close for me. We were planning on getting home then, but maybe I can push my parents to drive hard on the way home. ;) (Heck, I'll drive! ;) Sithspawn, we have a rental, and my dad won't let me. :()
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Don't rush trying to get back. I'd rather you guys miss a meeting...rather then something happen trying to race to meet us. We'll be around for a while, Anrev has to leave for work, but we'll be around...so you don't have to get there by noon.

"the thought of losing you...is unbearable!"
  15. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    DO you have to join the Jedi Knights of Cleveland? If so, how do you join? Please either post the reply or send it to candy31385@yahoo.com. Thank you very much.
  16. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, you don't HAVE to join if you don't want to; noone is forcing you to. But if you'd like to join, well just come on in! No initiation, no dues to pay or none of that crap. I was a bit skeptical joining too, but these guys are all a bunch of cool people (including me :) ) and it's a great way to meet new people and share your experience of how Star Wars is part of your life. Also it's not manditory to be at meetings but its probably recommended. Hope that helps ya!
  17. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    You want to join, you're in. Welcome Candii. :)

Do we even have anything to join? It's not like we have a secret handshake or anything.

On an unrelated note, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if we had a secret handshake? :D
  18. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Would people remember it?
  19. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a sweet idea for a handshake. Of course I can't post it, because then it wouldn't be a secret. But if for some reason I end up staying here and go to the meeting, I'll show you. (Start at the normal time, don't count on me coming, but if I do, I do).
  20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hello Candii, welcome to the "Jedi Knights of Cleveland!"

Well, meeting #6 is posted on the Fanforce main page, hope that draws some of those people we've lost contact with since AOTC opened.

Secret handshakes?...how can you have a secret handshake over the internet? We're a online fanclub guys! [face_laugh]
  21. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Old_Benny Jedi Knight

star 1
    We don't need a secret handshake. We may be geeks belonging to a Star Wars fan club, but were not the Heman Woman-Haters Club either.

Anyway, if I can make the meeting, I will be fashionably late. I have something to do Saturday morning that won't be over till 12:30, but being in Columbia, I can probably be there by 12:45.
  23. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Surprise surprise, my plans have changed again. Now I'm going to Baltimore instead of Chicago, but the Force apparently does not want me coming to this meeting...
  24. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    haha, my plans change not even 5 minutes after the last post. turns out the concert that was in baltimore that i was going to see is a 21 and over show, so to chicago i go...
  25. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    My dad said that he wanted to get home on Friday.
    Then last night when we talked to my sister, we find out that we were invited to a wedding for a former co-worker of my sister, and that was on the 3rd. My mom said that I didn't have to go.

I'm going to be there. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.