main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #7 (CCG at Splash Page)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Our next meeting will be a session of the OLD STAR WARS Customizable Card Game. Anyone who already knows how to play are more than welcome and those of you who want to learn to play, like myself, are encouraged to join us for a good time in the STAR WARS universe :D

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/la2/splashpage/images/splogo2.gif]

I propose that we meet at Splash Page during one of the following regular times:
  2. Thursday, July 25th (2:00PM till 6:00PM)

3. Saturday, August 3rd (10:00AM till 6:00PM)

4. OR

5. Thursday, August 1st (6:00PM till whatever). This will have to be approved by Gray64, since he will be hosting the session.

6. OR

We can plan another time and place to meet. Gray64 said that he would accomidate a meeting in Lafayette, if it would promote greater participation.

What does everyone think? I feel it would make for a good meeting. Please respond soon so we can set the exact time, date, and place of this meeting.

7. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    i most likely can go any time, but during the week i usually work so i might not be able to attend on thursdays. any saturday would be fine by me. but if yall do decide to go on a thursday i'll just pretend im sick so i don't have to go to work :D. i would email mr. leeson first just to make sure that he is up to speed with all of this.

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    More Information !

I have been in email contact with Gray64 and he is excited about helping us get started with SWCCG. Here is an excerpt from one of his emails:

"What we would prefer is to get you guys over here and teach you the older game
    for a month or 2, then show you the new one. You see, I can teach you the basics of the new one in about 5 minutes, then after 20 minutes, I'm sure you would pick up 90% of the rules. The Decipher game, on the other hand is a bit more difficult. I can teach you the basics in an hour, and you can understand 80% of the rules after about your 3rd game.

You will NEVER master the game. I have not met anyone who can claim that. It's just
    too full of possibilities. More important, although Decipher's game is "potentially" expensive, it doesn't have to be.

We make decks (pretty good ones, too) to give away to new players. If you sit down with one of us for an hour to learn, you will get a free deck. If you come back a second time, we'll give you another deck. Generally, you need 2, anyway. Then, about every 3 weeks, we have a "Draft Tournament". For $3 to $10 dollars, I hand out packs (or packs and a sealed deck), so that we can make decks on the spot. Then we play 4 or 5 games that day with those decks for prizes. Truse me it's a blast. Sometimes drafting is as much fun as playing. Playing in a draft tournament is the best way to learn. Anyone who has played 3 or 4 games should have a lot of fun in a draft tournament.
    "

As you can see, it will cost us nothing to get started. Also, if you want a good deal, K_MART still has some gift packs on sale for $15. You can get a starter deck and about 7 booster packs, plus a couple of JEDI Knight and Young Jedi booster packs. What you would need those for I can not be sure. Just a way to get rid of the over stock I suppose.

Please consider comming to this meeting. I am sure it will be lots of fun.

9. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    Saturday is better, for me.

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    That makes three. Its at least going to be a meeting! :)

11. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I definitely will not be able to make a July 25 meeting. I will not know until next Sunday night if I would be able to make a August 1st or 3rd meeting.

12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    We will be waiting on you then. How have you been? I haven't noticed a whole lot of traffic around here while I was gone.

13. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    If the meeting is held on a Saturday, I might be able to make it. Can't make any promises though.

It would be nice to meet some of you.

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Same here. I would like to meet some of our newer members as well as visit with everyone else.

Join us for the meeting, it will be fun.

15. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Wanted to try to go, but Inventory came up at work and I can't make it. Hey guys. There are a bunch of auctions on ebay with game cards for really cheap. "Stock up there you can!" Keep us informed of future meetings and I'll try to get to them. Here's hopeing you all have a great time.

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Pick a date that you can make it. I have not seen enough interest in the dates listed above, so I was thinking of putting it off until Saturday, August 10th. Still waiting to here from others to make a decission.

17. Sarabi_Moon

Sarabi_Moon Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    I think the saterday will be the best for me to come. Can't wait to meet all of you.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Looks like it will be on Saturday, August 3rd @ the SPLASH PAGE.

I hope all of you can make it. If not the rest of us will understand. School is just around the corner and everyone has a JOB.

I went to SPLASH PAGE yesterday and played a couple of games. Mr. Leeson was a great host. I think we will have fun there.

By the way, I saw Wicket_the_ewok. He was all business when it came to CCG. That little furball will be hard to beat at this game :D

19. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    well i do my best. don't miss out, its a really fun and challenging game. look forward to seeing all yall again.

20. TechJedi

TechJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    I won't be able to make it. My wife just told me that we have plans.

21. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    hey swampsurfer do you know how many people can attend?

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I told Mr. Leeson to expect between 6 and 10 from our group. He said it would be OK. He plans to ask Dwayne to help out and also have some of the overflow in his house.

I don't know if that many people will attend. Right now it looks like attendence will be light :(

I wish more would decide to join us.

23. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    I kind of wish I spent a little more time at the card table at Fanday to understand this game. I was wondering (SS, maybe you could ask Gray64 to post a little more about the game w/o going into too much detail), is the game dependent on logic, strategy, creativity, ext. (like chess or checkers); or luck (like poker); or both? Also, does each player start the game on the same level (or same amount of cards)? I guess I am confused about the whole "start with 2 decks and packs" concept. Basically what I am wondering is, how does each player begin the game and what is your objective as you play?

24. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    It is very strategic like Chess, but sort of depends on your luck of the draw at the same time. Each player starts with 60 cards (chosen from all possible cards manufactured; that they own). This makes each person's deck highly customizable! One player uses a light side deck and the opponent uses a dark side deck. The strategy you choose depends on the game text on the cards in your deck.

Here is a link to an Official Sample Game from the Decipher's SWCCG website. The website's actual address is STAR WARS Customizable Card Game.

You will not have to spend any money to play. Grey64 will give you a house deck (one he crafted himself from extra cards laying around) just for showing up.

25. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    Thanks for the links SS! :)

I was hoping to be there from around 12:00 to 3:00 or so, but I can come at any time. What time is everyone else going to be there?

26. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    The times you listed would be fine. I don't know much more than is listed in this thread about everyone else's intentions except DarthRender. We will probablly travel together. We will be leaving my house around 10:20AM. If you want to travel the extra distance with us, park your car at my house and we can all go together.

It will be good to see you again.

27. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    If nothing unexpected comes up I hope to be there. Hey Swamp, How's the toshiba?

28. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey guys. Today was my first time playing the CCG game and my first time in New Iberia. I did have a great time playing despite mass confussion and a headache that seemed to crop up out of nowhere to ruin my day. I do look forward to trying again, maybe I'll remember to bring a big bottle of aspirin next time. Enjoyed our dinner afterwards, I did eat after I got home and rested that pesky head problem away. Thanks again for the good time. See ya'll around...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.