Meeting #8 - Agenda

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    TO keep things as focused as possible (and to get to the fun stuff at the party)...let's have a plan for discussion at the meeting November 16th:

Topics for meeting #8:
    * T-shirt decision (Premiere vs CSI) and early phase of production...continued from last meeting
    * Christmas charity (toys for kids) planning
    * General Discussion/Recommendation concerning website
    * IMAX Pittsburgh road-trip
    * Mid-Ohio Con
    * Congratulate Jedi_Candii on election as Fanforce secretary :)

While that seems like alot (which it can be) if we stay focused on each topic...we'll have plenty of time for the fun stuff!
  2. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    What happened to Jedi_Candii? Give that girl a title and she disappears on us. 8-}

If you don't sign up for something, we ask that you contribute 5 dollars to help offset the cost for those people who did bring something. If there happens to be any profit, it will go into our Christmas charity fund. Copy this list throughout the thread.

Host/Entertainment System/DVD - Darth Zod
    Pizza - Krash
    Chips - ?
    Pop - ?
    Paper Plates & Cups - JJJedi
  3. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    Here I am! If you want to see/hear more from me, then tell my teachers that they all don't have to give tests within the week before the end of the quarter. Since I don't have $5.00 to spare, I'm sure that I could rustle up some pop. That is, if I can go.
  4. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    Directions have been PMed to everyone who I knew was attending. If you are attending and didn't receive the directions, PM myself or Krash for them.
  5. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    I really don't know where else to put this, so I decided that this would be a good enough spot. It seems that we have a new member, PadMeg32. All of the people who were at the filming should already know her as Megan. I'm planning on bringing her with me on Saturday. She's not like Rach, even though they're best friends, in fact, she'll probably find B_Mack and Random funny ;).
  6. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    uh oh. You shouldnt have said that... [face_mischief]
  7. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Come one now, I can keep myself calm. But, does someone have a leash we can use for Random?

This could be a big pile o' foobies...

-b-

EDIT for the RSAs: foobies: malfunctioning furbies that don't shut up unless you take their batteries out... i saw one quivering just saying "fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby, fooby..." for about two straight minutes before i punted the thing.
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Contrary to popular belief... I do NOT need a leash...

I was at the filming for the movie (I am the star after all) when the girls came and visited, and neither Rachael nor Megan has filed a restraining order yet!!!

And who doesn't like my sense of humor? :D
  9. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    Do I really have to answer that?
  10. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Random: Please note...

[ARTICLE V]
    No person shall held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or Naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

So it's not a crim case... I still retain the right... ;)

-b-
  11. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    In light of recent events...add one more to the list:

Topics for meeting #8:
    * T-shirt decision (Premiere vs CSI) and early phase of production...continued from last meeting
    * Christmas charity (toys for kids) planning
    * General Discussion/Recommendation concerning website
    * IMAX Pittsburgh road-trip
    * Mid-Ohio Con
    * Congratulate Jedi_Candii on election as Fanforce secretary
    * A brief discussion...Krash doing most of the talking about Fanforce policy vs JKOC policy

This is not a lecture...I'm not a teacher, but there are some things that need to be cleared up. And I want to address them only once (doubt it...but I have to try)
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    In light of this new "discussion" on the policy... is it ok if we cuss up a storm IN PERSON??? Maybe we should develop a swearing waiver for the younglings too... (Cuz right now I feel like implementing some expletives into my speech... it's just the way I talk)
  13. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm beginning to think I should put my breakables away.
  14. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Random, just because it is the way you talk doesn't mean it is right! Some people DON'T like to swear so much and would like it if you don't either.

And yeah I think the breakable things need to be hidden. ;D
  15. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Random,

Your penchant for swearing does NOT constitute free speech. It also shows a limitless desire to submit to the dumbing down of your own interpersonal communication skills by trying to reduce a conversation to its basest components. And this man wants to be president folks, tsk, tsk...

Maybe before everyone starts jumping onto the First Amendment bandwagon, you people should read the laws. Not the Constitution persay, but the laws governing regulation of speech. They are absolutely fascinating. Additionally, they do not apply here. This is a privately owned forum and the owners of this forum have every right under the Constitution and the other governing laws to regulate what they do not feel is appropriate.

On a lighter note: Maybe I could in fact find that leash... ;)

-b-
  16. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    While I do have a penchant for swearing, that last post was an exagerration, a smart, dare I say it, ALEC comment to get a rise out of everybody. I wouldn't be a "menace" if I cause a little mischief every once in a while... MUWAHAHA!!! [face_devil]
  17. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    wow, i am astounded by the lack of smart in that alec comment...

-b-
  18. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Actually, Brian's post wasn't very far off the mark, if not simply with Brian's trademark flare for the dramatic. (I've known him long enough to see that)

He does have a point, this forum is run from a privatly owned website (theforce.net) and they have established "terms of service" that all registered members agree to (regardless if they ignore it later on). And everyonemust observe the rules of conduct, spelled out in the TOS...or they will face the consequences.

This is drifting into the conversation on another board, safe to say...it will be addressed at the meeting.

Eric, you will have a chance to speak...but be warned, if you go off on a swearing rant (without any contribution to the discussion)...your part in the conversation will end. TRANSLATION: Keep it respectful, and you will be heard.
  19. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't everyone just DEAL with it!! You get yelled at by ANY leader of any type then you accept it; even if you don't like it. Not always but most of the time when they are right. It's how the world works. People take the idea of Free Speech OVERBOARD and for granted but guess what, it's not FREE!
  20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Padawan, calm down...use the Force...think I appreciate the support from everyone, over the last couple days; but we need to keep our composure if we're going to accomplish anything at this meeting.

Darth-Zod will have both the TOS...and everything we already have on the books (regarding Fanforce rules and procedures) for the discussion of rules of conduct. Just a note, those of you who seem to be looking forward to this discussion...it will be the VERY last thing on the agenda (so that it doesn't take time away from the other issues we need to go over)
  21. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    my only comment is this...

read the rules, understand the rules, obey the rules if you don't want to get banned.

end of discussion

-b-
  22. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    (Butting his way in)
    Hope you don't mind me buttin' in.

We don't have any problems with flaming or cursing. I'm just a little surprised that you folks would. Anyway KRASH, in our group when people get off topic/thread we just say: "Stay on target"

So in keeping with that, are you planning on having a screening of AOTC at your meeting. I haven't seen where your holding it so I don't know if you have the capabilities ie restaurant, hall etc.

We're holding ours at a club members so we can have the movie running over and over again. Besides going over your groups "business" what else do you do during meeting?

I'm just going to throw out some examples of what we do in case you don't do them already (suffice it to say that these things make the meetings more fun and worth coming to):

Show and Tell
    (Okay, before you all say "That sounds to kindergarten like" I'll explain) I'm usually the biggest show'er as I am the Toy guy of the group. When I got the Interactive R2, I brought him to a meeting and let everyone see what he could do. This helped members who were thinking about buying him make a decision. Most REALLY wanted to buy it after I showed it to them. Others bring in some of there more cherished SW items and give the story of how they came across it.

Buy/Trade: We usually save this for the end of the meeting. It's the time that if you have something to trade or want to buy from someone (Usually SW toys and other collectibles and paraphnelia (sp?))

Gaming Tournament:
    This is going to be our first month that we are implementing this. Choose any number of SW related games and hold a tourney for a prize. Nothing big. Someone can just donate something.

Raffle:
    Again a new thing this month. Since we plan on having a table at our local Comicon next year we need to raise money so having a monthly raffle at the meetings helps to raise money. Again the "prize" is donated by a member. This month I am donating my expertise as a customizer and will custom make a member in 3 3/4 in scale or do another custom for them if they don't want themselves as an action figure.

Well, I've rambled enough. Just thought I'd pass along some of the things that make our group a success and if it helps you all out great.

Have fun this Saturday. Our meeting is on the same day so I'll make a special announcement at 5pm stating that you folks are holding your meeting this day and ask the members to say a long distance MTFBWY!

Corny, yeah but we're all weird like that!

Again, MTFBWY
    ?Jedi Master Sal
    FF City Rep
    Pittsburgh, PA
  23. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks jedi_master_sal those were some good ideas...I'd like to start incorporating them into our meeting as well.

Actually, you haven't caught us at our best...this week's "heated" discussions regarding swearing and mistaken banning...are the exception, not the norm for us.

As for our AOTC DVD party, I was thinking we have our meeting (shortly after 1pm) and then sit back with some snacks...and watch the movie as a group. If it's like anything like when we went to see it in the theaters...the discussion will never end.
  24. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Tell me about it. AOTC just came to our dollar theater a little while ago and some of us went. I couldn't shut them up. I know the guy behind us was P.O.'d

We did come up with something neat, though it will probably be disruptive. On the last day of showing it at the theater we are going to go and see it. During the Geonosis battle when the Jedi first emerge and turn on their Sabers, we are going to stand up and do the same with our toy sabers. (Most of us dress in costume anyway so it will be fun.)

Anyhoo, stay on target....
  25. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Since we are talking about extras to the meeting are we going to have are special lightsaber fight in the yard. Just a question.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.