main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #8 (IMAX - Dallas Trip)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Lord_Sidious, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Since we have a few of us definitely interested in traveling to Dallas to watch AOTC on an IMAX screen, the trip is definitely on! The only thing that would stop us is if New Orleans were to change their schedule and show the movie. From my conversations so far with Swampsurfer on schedule, and some added research, I have come up with the following tentative plan:

Schedule: Meet at SS's place early Saturday morning, November 9th. I am thinking we would leave around 8:00 or so. According to Yahoo travel, it takes 6.5 hours to get to Dallas from Baton Rouge, so 5.5 to 6 hour from Lafayette would put us there mid afternoon. Catch the late evening or night show. I would say it would be reasonable to leave Dallas around 10:00 Sunday morning.

Travel: I will drive if the group is 4 or less. If we get larger, we would then look at renting a van or driving 2 cars.

Expenses:
    Travel: Gas for my car would be around $50-$60. Car rental or additional gas for another car would get added.
    Hotel: I am guessing around $100 per room. If 4 or less go, 1 room; if more would like to come, then 2 or more rooms.
    Movie: I believe $10 for the ticket was the price.
    Restaurants: according to a business website, $46 per day (for all meals one would have on a business day).
    Other: Depends what we want to do with the free time.

These are just some rough numbers to give us an idea what to expect. If someone wants to go, but is a little tight on cash, we still might be able to make it happen for you so just let me know. Right now, I know that SS and Darth Render are on board with me. If you would like to go with us, please post a firm confirmation by Oct. 27. SS, just post for your friends at Circuit City if you confirm that they are coming. I would like to set reservations on a vehicle rental (if necessary) and hotel room(s) that following week, along with firming up the schedule. After 8/27, others might be able to still come with us, but it would depend on what we have scheduled and available.

I am excited about this movie and trip. If you want to discuss anything about the trip with me, just send me a PM or we can discuss it in this thread. :)

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Here is my R.S.V.P. This will be a lot of fun. Thanks a bunch Lord_Sidious for ironing out the details. Tell me when I should book my ticket to the show.

I would like to go out Saturday after the STAR WARS stuff.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I hope y'all have fun! :D

We in Atlanta are in the process of putting together an IMAX event for Nov. 2nd. I've never seen a movie on an IMAX screen that was formatted for IMAX, so I'm really looking forward to it. :)

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I can't wait ! ! !

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Shoud we purchase the 5:30PM, 8:00PM, or 10:30PM tickets? I would like to know now in order to get my ticket soon.

6. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    I just learned that a theater in Galveston, TX is playing AOTC.

Lafayette to Dallas: 392 miles, 6-7 hours

Lafayette to Galveston: 236 miles, 4-5 hours.

We could probably do a Galveston trip in a long day as another possible option. Please let me know what you think. :)

7. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    Galveston would be cool.

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I don't think we can reserve tickets over the Internet for the Galvaston showing. I agree that it would be cheaper, but I think a trip to Dallas would be more fun. However, I will just tag along no matter where we go.

I DO THINK WE SHOULD DECIDE NOW AND RESERVE OUR SEATS.

9. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    I also think we could have good time at Dallas so lets keep our initial plans and proceed with the Dallas trip. I will begin checking out the hotels and the nightlife.

A plan I would favor is; arrive at Dallas mid afternoon, go out to eat, go to the 8:00 show, and then go out afterwards. Any other thoughts on this?

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Done. I'm gong to get two tickets. One for me and one for Robert. Says he will pay me back. 8:00 PM it is! See you soon.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    What day are yall going?

12. Hot_Tub_JAR_JAR

Hot_Tub_JAR_JAR Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    Next weekend, the 9th, right guys ?[face_plain]

Looking forward to hanging with the Acadians! :cool:

13. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    Yep, the trip is scheduled for next weekend (Nov. 9th). The hotel reservation is set up and the tickets are purchased! :D Oh, and I can't wait to party with the Texans!

There is room for one more to go with us. Just let us know if you are interested. We are leaving early that Saturday morning (meet at Swampsurfer's place at 8:00) and should return back to Lafayette Sunday evening.

14. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Glad to see y'all have it all set up :)

Believe me, it's worth the trip; I've seen it twice now on IMAX and it's a thrill ride :D

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    AOTC on IMAX is definitely worth a trip! Y'all have fun! :D

16. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    Thanks MB! :D I have been very encouraged by what Nabooty and others have been saying. I can't wait to see it.

17. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    We just got back about an hour ago. What a great weekend. STAR WARS out of the wazoo. I had a fantastic time. I Really enjoyed watching Episode II on the I-Max screen. Now if Lucas Film could just do something in I-MAX 3D format :D

Don't miss my post in MB's Silly Sprinkles Thread ;)

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I love that post in my sprinkle thread, Swampsurfer! [face_laugh]

I'm glad y'all had a great time! :D

19. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Had a fun time hanging with you guys, hope you enjoyed the trip to downtown!

Glad y'all enjoyed IMAX, wish I hadn't slept in so later or I would've joined you at the 12:30 showing on Sunday.

As always, it was fun getting to meet fellow FF'ers in real life. Hats off to Robert, Andre, and Lando...err...Peter ;) for a fun weekend!

20. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] at Nabooty.

I also had an excellent time. :D A special thanks to Brian and Jeff for joining us for the movie and showing us downtown. Also Brian, thanks for helping us before the trip, during the planning stage. I don't believe anything could have worked out better. :)

21. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Yes! Thank you very much Brian and Jeff. Will we ever see you again?

* Hears Manicia_Brightstar say, "What does your heart tell you?"

I thinks so. :)

* Again with the voice from the Force, "Then you will see each other again someday."

22. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I am happy that yall had a great time! I really would have loved to have went but unfortunately I couldn't use any of my personal or vacation time due to the surgery I had done earlier on the 12th yesterday.

Man I wish I could have gone. Oh well at least I got to get AOTC and LOTR SE DVD a day early!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.