Lg.Is, NY Meeting #82 Sept 13, 2009

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everybody I am available to organiz the next meeting into a BBQ meeting in the park. We'll plan it as soon as were back from Dragon*Con. --Billy
  2. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    WE NEED A NEW FRISBEE!!! :D
  3. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats right. I have had one in my car for like 20 years and now Im frisbee-less. I will have to remember to get another one. Remind me before the BBQ
  4. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    Billy, I'll remind you. If you forgot i'll[face_sick]
    Have Frisbee will travel:D
  5. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I think I have one somewhere in my basement or garage. I'll look for it and bring it with me to the BBQ.
  6. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Im sending out an email to everyone to check on how many people will be at the BBQ and give me a general idea of how many hot dogs and hamburgers you'd like.
    If you dont recieve an email, then email me about it at davistb@aol.com --Billy
  7. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
  8. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Docking Bay 516 -- Meeting 82
    September 13, 2009

Meeting started at 11:53 AM.

Club Business

Bio Kit (aka the Marketing Document). Dan wants to add the Bookstore Event and make some minor corrections. His target for delivering the document is the October meeting.

Website. We are considering moving to a new service provider when our current provider comes up for renewal in February. One possibility is to move the site to Abhay's server. No discussion is required until the January meeting.

Elections Process. We discussed the elections process and came to the following conclusions. Anybody who wants to vote is eligible to do so with the requirement that newer members must have attended the nominations meeting so they are familiar with the duties of the positions. Long time members may vote regardless of their nominations meeting attendance. Absentee ballots will accepted via email or text message to the President. For this year, Dan has delegated the duty of handling absentee ballots to Abhay, who will provide details of how to submit them in November. Votes by phone will also be accepted if necessary. The positions and their duties were discussed; there were no changes made.

Yahoo! Group. We discussed (again) why using the email list may be better than sending emails to individuals and came to no new conclusions. Without full buy-in from everybody, this approach will not work. A compromise was suggested: send all "official" messages to the email list; no guidelines on what is "official" were proposed.

Previous Events

Dragon*Con. Most of us attended and had lots of fun.

Upcoming Conventions

Oct 16-18 Big Apple Convention (Pier 94, 711 12th Avenue at 55 Street, New York). Most of us will attend, at least on Saturday. http://www.wizardworld.com/home-apple.html

Oct 30-Nov 1 Chiller Theatre (Hilton Parippany, New Jersey). The usual suspects will attend Saturday into Sunday. http://www.chillertheatre.com/

Upcoming Events

Oct 11 Vanderbilt Museum Trip and Meeting 83 (Centerport, Long Island). We will meet at 12 Noon and find a place to have our meeting/picnic. Grilling is not allowed and food is not sold, so be sure to bring a picnic lunch. After the meeting we will enjoy the museum and the grounds. Museum entrance is $7 or $12 including the Planetarium. http://www.vanderbiltmuseum.org/

Nov 8 Star Wars Day at Hollywood Video (Massapequa). Meet at 1 PM. The event will run from 2 PM to 5 PM. We will have dinner afterward. Meeting 84 will be rescheduled. http://bit.ly/4uMBSc

Events Planning

Star Trek and Galileo Exhibits at the Franklin Institute (Philadelphia). Dana will provide information and post on the boards or via email.

Star Wars Day at Best Bargain Books reprise. An October event is unlikely. We have agreed to a December event if an author guest is available, or a January event otherwise. More information to follow.

Holiday Party. Rob will host us at his place in Ronkonkoma on December 20.

Upcoming Meetings

Meeting 83. October 11 at the Vanderbilt Museum at noon. See above.

Meeting 84 (Nominations). November 15 at the Broadway Mall at 11 AM. This meeting is one week later than usual to accomodate our SWD at Hollywood Video event.

Meeting 85 (Elections). December 13 at the Broadway Mall at 11 AM.

Meeting ended at 1:25 PM.
  9. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You know, we forgot to mention Clive's upcoming events during the meeting. I'd like to see the "Yike's" one myself.
  10. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    As would I.

Maybe we can make plans to meet up at one of them?
  11. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    <<Holiday Party. Rob will host us at his place in Ronkonkoma on December 20.>>

a private event by invite only.
    Dont want want Sith crashing the party[face_beatup]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.