main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting # 85 - Sunday Dec 13, 2009 at the Broadway Mall in Hicksville.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheBothanJedi, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Meeting 85 will be on Sunday December 13th at 11 AM at our the Broadway Mall food court.

Elections will take place this meeting.

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    See ya all there. --Billy

3. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    Congrats to everybody who won an election.

4. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    Who won what?

5. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    Chris won Secretary/Treasurer, Abhay won Webmaster, Rob won Event Coordinator, I won President, and Billy won Chapter Rep.

Who was supposed to post up the minutes for this meeting?

6. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Hey, weird, I guess I never posted the minutes. Here ya go, not that it's relevant at this point...

Docking Bay 516 -- Meeting 85
    December 13, 2009

Meeting started at 11:49.

Club Business

Jan 9 Meeting 86. Noon at Broadway Mall. Saturday instead of Sunday.

Feb 21 Meeting 87. Third Sunday.

Mar 14 Meeting 88. Second Sunday, meeting before I-CON.

Facebook. Dana has set up a basic Facebook site for the club. Dan will have responsibility for keeping the content up-to-date, with Dana helping as needed.

Yahoo! Group. Dan will look into email reminders for 2010 meetings.

Previous Events

Star Wars in Concert, Nassau Coliseum, at 2:30 PM and again at 8 PM. Many of us attended. The evening show folks had some issues with screaming kids.

Upcoming Events

Dec 19 MEPA Reunion, Christina's place, North Bergen, NJ. Abhay will attend, maybe Dana as well.

Dec 20 Holiday Party, Rob's place, Ronkonkoma, NY. Some of us will meet at The Good Steer at 12:30 PM to grab lunch. The party will start at 2 PM. Since the party is being held at a member's house, the event is considered invitation-only. Please email or post for more information.

Event Planning

No plans until after I-CON.

I-CON Planning

Website. We should have our stuff on the I-CON site by January. This is a first!

Room and Table. We continue to hear positive noises about having our room to ourselves. Billy and Abhay have committed to attending the two scheduling parties to make sure this happens. Getting a table through Fun Stuff might be an issue, but Cindy will work on it.

Deadlines. Due to the large number of panels we're planning to present this year, along with the fact that Abhay tends to handle all the panel A/V requirements, we will need to have a few strict panel deadlines. By the January meeting you must have the title and at least a one-sentence description for each of your panels. This will allow us to update our website and the I-CON website as well as include further information for the second I-CON newsletter. By the February meeting you must have at least a sample of the material that will go on the projection screen or play from the speakers during your presentation. By the March meeting your panel must be finalized completely. This gives us a couple of weekends to get in a few rehearsals, which is especially important for folks who have not run a panel before.

Panels. Billy is handling the panel list. We discussed the panels, days, etc.

Elections

Security: Chris
    Webmaster: Abhay
    Event Coordinator: Rob
    Secretary/Treasurer: Chris
    Chapter Rep: Billy
    President: Dan

Meeting ended at 2:45 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.