V.C, CA Meeting 9.5 Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Zaranne, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaranne Force Ghost

star 4
    Meeting 9.5 was called at approximately 12:00 at Denny's in Camarillo. This meeting was called because two members, Zaranne and YJ did not make it to the last meeting.

Attendees at this meeting were: Keiran_Horn, marmakecam, GRANDADIMIRALAXLROSE, YoungJedi11, Reka (sorry), Zaranne, and GentleBant.

First subject was Star Wars Galaxies, which was released today. Mar has been playing this for a while because he had the Beta version, but all were very enthused to have this game out.

We poked a little fun a other users...

It was then requested by mar
    that the minutes note that we were listening to Cher.

We talked about PDA's for a few minutes, then our food came.

Then the conversation turned to rock concerts, mostly of old bands and their return to the rock world.

YJ then described his Adventure on Saturday. This was the reason why he didn't make to the meeting.

Lizzy McGuire??? :confused: was brought up, but since this minute taker had no idea what that is, she will not comment on it further.

Talk again turned to other silly users.

mar called Axl a nerd. Reka said that was the pot calling the kettle black.

All the guys kept talking about games this minute taker doesn't know, so she pretty much let it go in one ear and out the other.

We thought that GB had arrived, but we were mistaken, so we talked about the funny colors that cars come in. [face_plain]

A quick discussion ensued about how late our respective cities are open. We all agreed that they closed up much too early.

Zaranne then spent some time describing her adventure last week. This was the reason SHE did not go to the meeting.

YJ called GB to find out where she was.

We talked a little about where Reka works.

Enter the Matrix-the game was discussed. It was decided that the graphics were SSSOOO bad in this game that it was DEFINITIELY not worth it to get it.

GB finally arrived at 1:30, just in time to say goodbye to Reka.

Back to SW Galaxies discussion.

We all finished filling out our contact info.

Zar opened her get well cards from the group. She thought they were great and thanked the group.

Keiran started to make fun of his mom. Actually he didn't, but we bugged him like he was. This led us to talk about embarrassing kid/mom stuff. Like naked baby pictures...

SW Galaxies was discussed AGAIN!!! mar shared that you could use /corpse if your corpse gets stuck.

We all shared a bit of our first SW experiences. Keiran's mom chimed in here, which was very nice.

GB mentioned that her new favorite word is "stooopid", which we all think we can put to good use.

And of course, we talked about SW GALAXIES AGAIN!!! This time, YJ talked about getting busted using one of the first betas.

D & D was brought up by Kieran's mom, who used to play it in college. Zaranne mentioned how she really liked playing it and wished she could try it again. Kieran said he had been trying to get together a group for some time.

This ended the meeting at 2:12pm.
  2. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Excellent minutes! :D

Hey, I was the one who said Cher should be in them!
  3. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    LOL, great minutes as always, Zar!

BTW, I stopped on the way home.

At the toy outlet store, I bought a whole bunch of SW figures, $2.99 each. These were my first non-handmaiden-related action figures.

I bought:
    Qui-Gon
    AOTC Obi-Wan
    Mace
    Han
    Chewie with C3PO parts

Also, I stopped at that EB (?) game store you guys always talk about over by the Target store in Camarillo to see if they had any Galaxies left (they didn't), and the clerk's girlfriend (I'm guessing at her relationship, there) teased him and pulled out a box, at which point he glared at her. She joked around about that's right, it's his copy, and he agreed, so I gave him a VCFF flier and asked him to put it up in the store, or to visit our website and check us out!

Hopefully we may get another member!

4. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Keiran_Horn Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay! Maybe we will have a member with an EB Games discount.

/me laughs evily. [face_devil]
  6. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Haha, we can only hope.
  7. Zaranne Force Ghost

star 4
    I apologize for the mistake in the minutes, YJ. I plead insanity...oh, wait, I am insane... [face_devil]

Oh, and cool drugs...prescribed, of course!

:D <see, me happy girl
  8. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    So is our next meeting going to be a D&D session or something?

Eh. I missed all the good stuff. And for what? Work. Yucky icky boring work.

Weh. May I have some sympathy?
  9. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    oodles and oodles and oodles of crushing waves of...
    SYMPATHY

to Réka!!!!
  10. Zaranne Force Ghost

star 4
    I will of course donate tons of sympathy, since so much was bestowed upon me and my wacky days... :D
  11. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.