main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #9 Recap

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    This was our biggest, most productive & longest meeting yet.

We had a final turnout of 19 people, woo hoo!! (we had a miscount @ the meeting, this is the final tally)

Here's a list:

Kitarusapien
    Joseph_Orion
    Jedi_Pilot
    Obi_Wannabe
    chunk_the_jawa
    Mrs. Jawa
    JediGirlofCorellia
    Mike (The Royal Guardsman)
    darth_jar
    Tom (darth_jar's friend who's pretending not to be a part of the group)
    darth_hair
    SITH_CHICK
    JediDragon
    TK2511
    StarBlazer
    StarBlazer's Dad (Mark)
    vperozo
    Lewis_Black
    PtrsonsZOO

The first batch of pictures are up on the YahooGroups page if you want to take a look.

Here's what we came up with @ the meeting.

KEMPE EVENT:
    1. Everyone going in costume needs to have a picture in to Kit ASAP of that costume.

2. Everyone needs to show up @ the COntinental on the 12th @ 1PM for formation. The Kempe people will start with us @ or around 2PM & the show is at 4PM.

3. We will have a final strategy session at Kit's the previous Sunday (details forthcoming).

We will begin looking into purchasing our own domain and finding a host for our new website (after the opening of AOTC).

Big thanks need to go out to tenennial_djo for putting up with us this long. You've been great!

As a result we'll need someone to handle the money for this venture, and someone to handle the website. Our initial agents for these are as follows: Secretary, PtrsonsZOO; Webmaster, Obi_Wannabe.

All input is welcome, but we won't be devoting too much time to this until after the AOTC opening.

ELECTIONS:
    The key positions in our group will be up for electin every 6 months. Those positions are: City Representative, Secretary & Webmaster.
    Please keep this in mind, and the clock will start now, so the next elections will be held at the October Meeting.

MEETINGS:
    It has been decided that every 3rd Meeting will be held in Colorado Springs. We don't want to alienate our "Southern" members, so we all felt that it would be fair for the "Denver" people to make the trip once every three months.

We have also determined that the Country Buffet @ C-470 & Quebec is to be our unofficial meeting place for the time being. During the Summer, meetings will most likely be outdoors, but this has proved to be a fairly neutral location & the management didn't kick us out.

CARPOOLS:
    It has been brought up that other members are willing to carpool to meetings. The following members have offered driving services to some of the meetings:
    Kitarusapien - Coal Creek +3
    PtrsonsZOO - SE Denver +3
    Jedi_Pilot - Longmont +3
    darth_hair & SITH_CHICK - Thornton +2
    Obi_Wannabe - SW/Littleton +3
    vperozo -SE Denver +3

ICON:
    We have decided to go with the Color Squadron Icon for our own FanForce Icon. So, we need those graphically gifted sorts to come up with a great 50X50 version of that icon for us to put up as a choice for our members.

BANNER SLOGAN:
    We will be having a simple banner made up for display @ the SWCII & where ever else we need it. It will display the original RMFF logo, the website, & the slogan "A Force to be Reckoned With."

NEW FEATURE:
    Kit has suggested & it was decided that we will be putting up a Posting Hall of Fame (or whatever name someone decides on) for our most prolific poster every week. After last weeks amazing post ferocity, I doubt we can top it, but we should recognize the extraordinary effort put in by JGoC & QGD (in the heat of war), Chunk for sheer volume & Obi_W for his wonderful interjections of humor all over the place.

BYLAWS:
    We will be dealing with these more in depth at another meeting. With everything going on right now, we all felt that things will progress fairly smoothly for now.

Plus, SC finshed her test robes, we watched cool SW spoofs/FanFilms, StarBlazer got her Naboo Blaster, Mike (Royal Guard) got his Force Pike, & we all learned that JP is a pretty fair costumer as well. Oh, & we all reaffirmed that Kit is a nut (that's one heck of a saber buddy).

Doesn't it sound like fun? Well, then join us at our next meeting, April 20th, I-70

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    wow , thats alot of info ! you can see my response in the 4/7 meeting thread .

3. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    so does this mean i won't be working on the web site anymore once it's been switched?

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Unless I misunderstood, this discussion got started by you letting us know that you were giving up http://fanforce.nathair.com/ so we were going to go ahead and get our own domain.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this layout, based on what we decided. PtrsonsZoo will handle any money we take in for the web site. I will handle the registration and technical aspects - someone has to be the contact on that and handle technical issues (believe me I fought taking it, where were you!)

We really didn't discuss who would be in charge creatively, as far as i'm concerned, that's you until you don't want it anymore. Wherever we set up the hosting, i'll make sure you have the passwords to access it. I'll still put in my 2 cents with design, etc. but I would have done that under any circumstances :)

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Not at all, Djo.....get with ObiW and figure out how ya'll can collaborate....if I have it my way, and we purchase our own domain, we'll need all the horsepower, creativity and daily support we can throw at it, and I'm sure it will be more than one person can handle!!!

As your duly elected Denver FanForce City Rep, may I say that I'm am in awe of such a powerhouse of personality and talent! Between the Net antics of CHUNK, the comic follow-ups of ObiW, the historical references of ZOO, the banterings of JGoC and QGD(scaredy-cat!), the morning wake-up calls of SC....I know I missed a few, but you get my drift.....and the TALENT, oh man.....DH has cornered the blaster/det/comm market, CHUNK's first attempt at a double-saber ruled.....and the sewin' crew really stepped up! Jen, it goes without sayin' that we'd have a had a riot had it not been for the great chow and the VCR/DVD...ObiW for his very cool trailer mix, and SB's dad for takin' it upon himself to lend a hand in gettin' us up and runnin' with the VCR! DJ's mask was the best, JP's cloak and blade really portraited nicely out front, as did the entire group!!!! If we get many more players in this little band, we're gonna have to trolley a digital along it's ever-growing front to include everyone! I was a little hurt that my blade's first duty was lighting the back of the TV, but hey....it worked!

We covered a lot of ground, the group was very attentive and conscience of what needed to be done, and I as your leader, could not be happier about all the above. KUDOS to all! Now, remember, we still have Indy to whomp on, and those costumes are still in need of ppics, so hop to it, troops!!!! We'll see you at the next meetin' on the 20th.....rock on, RMFF!

6. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    i wasn't giving it up in the sense that i didn't want to help out anymore and i certainly wasn't going to delete it from my site completely if you chose not to move to your own domain. (it's gone atm because my domain is still being transferred) i suggested it because i thought it was a good idea....also that it might be beneficial to the group.

i was just curious.

7. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I just wanted to say I had a great time at the meeting! I may have been pretty silent (sorry if that bothered anybody...) but it was awesome getting to meet all of you! I hope I can come pretty reguarly.

Amazing job on the blaster, d_h! I wouldn't let it out of my sight last night! I wanted to take it to school to show a few peeps, but you know schools and their strict rules these days...

PrtsonsZOO, thanks for having us! Your raptor spaghetti was wonderful! My dad told me he was under the impression it would have a little 'bite' ;) and he wasn't disappointed!

Thanks all!

*SB*

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I decided at the last minute to make Baby Raptor Sauce, since I thought everyone might not like real fire in their bellies. I only used the crushed peppers and not the rest of the hot stuff. I got hooked on spicy sauce going to The Saucy Noodle, where the sign on the doors says, "If You Don't Like Garlic, Go Home!"

9. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    If that was the baby, I couldn't have handled it all grown up. I thought it had just the right amount of "kick."

Excellent sauce, good eats overall.
    Totally awesome hosting by PtrsonsZOO.
    We would have been surprised by anything less.

10. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    [face_laugh] Yeah, it wasn't hot enough to make his entire head turn red and sweat, the way he likes it best, but I liked it just the way it was, no super spicy anything for me! ;)

*SB*

11. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I thought the food was excellent and the party was just great. I'm glad you could make it SB. Don't worry about being quiet. there are a lot of quiet ones in the group. Give it some time. Maybe just the sheer size of the group? lol That's why these little side groups are really cool. We can connect with people who are interested in the same things. Glad all of you who hadn't come out before came out. We had fun and the movies were hilarious :)

12. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    SB your dad needs to cone over to the dark side and hang with me and my dad . hot food is always in season here !

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmmm... once we get our garden together I'll bring in my family's peppers of death. Those things are muy caliente! Seriously! My dad put a tiny slice on his tounge, it swelled up! :eek:

But I had a great time. :) I was the only one awake when we got back to denver, but the ride was good, no cops. ;)

And I have to say the Thumb Wars disturbed me beyond words... but it now has to be one of my more favorite films :)

14. TK2511

TK2511 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    It was great to meet all of you!

It was great to be able to put faces to the names.

If anyone needs from longmont I can also do carpooling when I can make it (work schedule permitting.

Well, I can't quite volunteer just yet, but maybe (if I beg really hard) I can volunteer to have something here if the boss will let me.

Laters all.
    -Dana

15. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Really glad everyone could be there...."most impressive!"

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Remind to never say may sauce is mild. This is the first time I've ever made that sauce variation and had some left over. I had a big plate of it last night & I thought fire was going to come shooting out of my gullet. Apparently, this is a sauce I should make the day before. I'm still feeling the effects of that bad boy.

Just wait until tonight, I gave most of it to my folks & they are having it tonight w/ my sister & her boyfriend. I think my cell phone might be ringing during class tonight.

17. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    MY DAD MADE CHILLI COLORADO LAST NIGHT . HE HAS TO MAKE IT MELLO FOR SITH CHICK . SHE'S A SISSY .

I WOULD LIKE TO TRY YOUR SAUSE AT MAXIMUM FIRE POWER ! THE MILD WAS GREAT THOUGH . I WOULDNT WANT EVERY ONE TO SEE ME SWEAT LIKE THAT .

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I absofrigginlutely LOVE spicy food. I thought it had just enough spice to have the flavor, but not so much as to where it would kill our lightweights :)...

the food was exceptional Jen! I've never really liked spaghetti before, but that was great! (if my mom saw me talking positively about spaghetti, she'd let you know just how much that meant).

SB: don't worry about being quiet, everyone is quiet the first time (DJ, TK2511, and Mike (the imp guard) were also quiet at this one and believe it or not, chunk was our quietest member at the last meeting!). If you're like everyone else, you won't be able to keep quiet at the next few after you get comfortable with all the weirdos like I did :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.