main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting #90 Saturday 5/8

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheBothanJedi, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Meeting #90 will be on Saturday May 8th.

There was discussion about this possibly being a BBQ meeting at Cantiague Park in Hicksville depending on the weather.

Directions to Cantiague Park can be found here:
    http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/Parks/Wheretogo/active/cantiague.html

If we are not having a BBQ, the meeting will be in it's usual location at the Broadway Mall Food Court.

We can discuss this over e-mail.

See you at the meeting.

--Dan

2. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Hi Dan. I'm for the BBQ. But we really need to here from Billy cuz he takes the food orders.

3. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    True enough, but I figured we should get the ball rolling on this, as the meeting is in a little more than a week.

4. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    As of Right now it looks like there will be scattered thunderstorms on Saturday.

We'll keep an eye on the weather forecast, but as of right now it looks like we may have to fall back to our usual location at the Broadway Mall.

5. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    either way I wont be there til noon. I have to work .
    But i'll bring the big umbrella. With only sct.
    showers I still think we should go to the park.

6. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    If it was only rain I might agree with you, but they're talking about thunderstorms on and off all day.

7. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    it was suppose to rain tue & it didnt, it was suppose to rain today (thursday) it didnt. it is possibly gonna rain Sat. in the am .then be sunny in afternoon per 1010am (radio), news12 & abc news

8. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    The latest I've seen from The Weather Channel is rain and thunderstorms starting sometime in the early morning, sometime between 6 and 7am, and continuing until around noon on Saturday.

9. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    I was just talking to Billy a little while ago and the two of us agreed that the weather forecast for tomorrow makes it look like trying to have a BBQ is a really bad idea.

We've decided to fall back to our usual time and location at the Broadway Mall food court at 11am.

I would have loved to have a BBQ, but the forecast for high winds, heavy rain, and thunder & lightning all morning and part of the early afternoon, has made the decision for us not to go ahead with our plans for a BBQ.

I know some people are disappointed by this, but we still plan to have other BBQ meetings this summer. It just looks like tomorrow isn't our day.

See you all at the mall.

-- Dan

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Let's gear up for DB516 BBQ on D Day June 6, 2010. --Billy

11. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    With the amount of discussion it took to settle on that date for June, you'd think we were planning the invasion of Normandy instead of just a simple BBQ meeting.

12. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    Meeting #90 minutes
    12:15pm start

-Club business:
    Yahoo email list;still working to resolve issues.

-C.R.'s report:(chirp,chirp)the beat goes on...

-Previous events:
    4/14 Doctor Who U.S. premiere in NYC;Dana and Dan went,had fun.
    4/17 Chiller Theatre in Parsippany,NJ;Abhay,Chris,Billy,Lenny,and Michael went;lots of fun.
    DWNY meet up at Professor Thom's to watch recent Doctor Who episodes;Dana and Dan went.

-Upcoming Events:
    Wizard World Philly 6/11-6/13;some members have expressed interest in going.
    Shore Leave 7/9-7/11 in Hunt Valley,MD.
    Celebration 5 8/12-8/15 in Orlando,FL.
    Dragon*Con 9/3-9/6 in Atlanta,GA.

Event Planning:
    Star Wars Day at Best Bargain Books in Centereach,NY tentative dates 8/7 or 8/14.
    I-Con recap viewing party 5/23;possible invite only
    Possible movie day get-together;president will propose movies and dates.

13. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    event planning continued...

Abhay asked the club to bring puzzle ideas for next years I-Con game shows;think up 2 or 3 each month.
    Abhay would also like ideas for a proposed photo scavenger hunt at next years I-Con.
    Outdoor summer events;anyone who has an idea please present on message boards.

Future Meeting Dates:
    #91 6/6 BBQ meeting at Cantiague Park in Hicksville(weather permitting)11am
    #92 7/18 BBQ meeting at Cantiague Park in Hicksville(weather permitting)11am
    #93 8/8 BBQ meeting(tentative)

meeting end 2:00pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.