Lg.Is, NY Meeting # 95 - Sunday, October 17th, Jamesport Vineyards

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheBothanJedi, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Come and celebrate our 8th anniversary!

Docking Bay 516 will be celebrating our Club Anniversary this year with a trip out to Jamesport Vineyards.

Bring food and money if you plan on tasting any wines!

Jamesport Vineyards is located at:
    1216 Main Road
    Jamesport, NY

For more information on the winery please visit http://www.jamesportwines.com

Weather permitting we'll meet at the vineyard at 12 noon.

In the event of bad weather, we will e-mail around an update early that morning.

Hope to see you all at the vineyard!
  2. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The weather in Jamesport, NY will be sunny and breezy tomorrow, with a high of 63. I suggest bringing a light jacket or windbreaker.

The plan is to have a picnic lunch in the Vineyard's backyard. Make sure to bring food for yourself. A sandwich or equivalent will be fine; they frown upon multi-person subs, pizza boxes, and the like. Also feel free to bring cheese and crackers to munch on, especially if you opt to taste some wine.

Directions are pretty simple. Take the LIE east until the end. Follow signs toward NY-25 (east) aka Main Street or Middle Country Road. Continue east on 25 for a little over eight miles. You'll see the Jamesport Vineyards sign on your left. There is a driveway that leads to parking in front of the main vineyard building (small wooden structure, not a big concrete building).

Google says it'll take about an hour and fifteen minutes from my place. Based on experience, I'd say it'll take more than 90 minutes due to traffic on the last eight miles of the journey. Keep that in mind when choosing your departure time. I'll be heading out at 10:30.

See you tomorrow!
  3. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    i've missed so much time at work the last 2 weeks i have work tomorrow.
  4. Trooper-C Force Ghost

star 1
    Meeting #95 minutes 2:15pm start

Club business
    -10/24 is the deadline for yahoo list housecleaning.

Previous events
    -Big Apple Con 10/1-10/3 in NYC;a few members went.
    -New York Comic-Con 10/8-10/10 at Javits Center,NYC;some members went,found it horribly mismanaged.

Event Planning
    - I-CON planning;submit any game show ideas/puzzles to Abhay.

Future meeting dates
    -#96 11/14 11am at Broadway Mall;election nominations
    -#97 12/12 11am at Broadway Mall;club elections
    -#98 1/9 (tentative)

meeting end 2:50pm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.