main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Meeting Agendas

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyAnakinSkywalker, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChromiumTHC

ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Ok Lady Anakin, will you post the date/time of our meeting now so that our first meeting will be official? June 23rd, Denny's on Juan Tabo & Menaul at 6pm.

Also don't forget, this Sunday will be our second outing to go see AOTC at Century Rio, I believe at 3pm.

Chromium

2. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Sunday? I thought we had arranged for Monday when I got back from Denver?

3. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Alright, our meeting day and time has been posted on http://fanforce.net! :D

4. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    One step closer to officiality....

5. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
  6. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Sorry for the empty post, the browser was doing some weird things.

Anyways, I was reading the article on the new Kevin Smith commercials for the new board games, and I was thinking of picking one of them up. Probably Life. Possibly at some future events we could have some gameplay :) (Like my BBQ in July!)

Chromium

7. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Our agenda looks great for the first meeting!
    I'm still pondering the book of the month thing. Not because I don't want to, I love the EU, it's just my lack of time to do a lot of reading. It takes me forever to get through a book. I've been reading a new sci-fi novel from the library for a week now, and I don't think I'm even past page 100 yet.
    And, I still have Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand sitting on my bookshelf untouched.

8. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    You have Rebel Stand?! I thought it wasn't coming out til Aug.?

9. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    No one says you /have/ to read the book, but its just an idea. We present the book at the meeting, whoever wants to read it can and then we can spend some time at the next meeting talking about it. :)

10. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    I also thought it was coming out in August, but I walked into B&N the other day and there it was, sitting on the shelf. So, I have no idea what happened on that one.

Lady Anakin, you're right about the reading part, although I have read almost every one of the EU books, it's just that as you get to be my age, you tend to forget what you read. :) I couldn't even tell you what happened in most of them. My gray matter is slowly turning to mush.

11. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    This might be a little, late, but Rebel Stand is another great book! Aaron Allston will make you laugh :) Finally you get the see Face and Kell again. YOu wont believe the ending, poor poor Lusankya :(

12. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Please don't tempt me SirLancelot! I have both "Rebel Dream" and "Rebel Stand" sitting on my bookshelf untouched, calling to me to open them up and devour them. But, I still have a stack of books from the library I want to finish first. When I bought "Rebel Dream", I deliberately left it alone, because I had heard "Rebel Stand" wasn't coming out until August, so I figured cool, I'll wait until the sequel comes out, and read them both. But, nooooo, DelRey turns around and releases it in May. Oh, well. If nothing else it is inspiring me to get my other reads finished.

13. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    Sorry, i hate spoilers myself, but its just another good reason to find out for yourself :)

I read these books right when they come out so i wait with baited breath for the next one to come out. then i finish it in a day and a half and feel cheated. but Aaron Allston is still one of my favorite star wars writters. If you dont know who Face and Kell are before Rebel Stand, go read Wraith Squadron. Again, sorry, but enjoy the books, they are some of the better ones in the New Jedi Order

14. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    I have only read the first Rogue Squadron book, but the rest are on my list of books I'd like to read. :) "I Jedi" and the Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron books are probably the only ones of the EU I haven't delved into yet. Also, I think we need to set up a seperate thread to discuss the books here on the boards, plus discuss Lady Anakin's idea at our meeting about a book of the month thing.

15. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    For the meeting on the 23rd, would anyone want to meet me at the Gateway store at about 5? Im participating in the JKII turny, and to have some friends there would be fun, then we could go to denny's togather for the meeting.

16. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    What time is the meeting for anyways? Then maybe I could tell you if the Gateway Store thing is even an option?

Also how many of you will be showing up?

Chromium

17. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    The meeting is set for 6pm, and its posted on the main Fan Force website as such.

18. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    So far, I'll be there.

19. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow I am sorry I haven't been posting much! I will definitely be there at Denny's on the 23rd! Can't wait to meet all of the new people [face_clown]

20. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't think I'll have enough time to do both the Gateway store, and the meeting, so it's the meeting for me.

21. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I can't make the Gateway store, because the meeting is only an hour after the Jedi Knight thing. I don't want to risk running late to the first meeting, that would be bad form on my part. ;)

22. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    Thats cool, im one of those people that is always early so i can pry sckate it and do both on time, but i know others cant so im not gonna beg and plead.

23. Mst_Anakin

Mst_Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    leave it up to me to be doing this last minuet stuff, where is the meeting? And just to make sure I'm getting this right (my head isn't working today sorry) It's at 6pm to ??pm and we're discussing things like EU, and meeting stuff and playing Trivial Pursuite right?

24. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    I was looking at the previous page and saw you where interested in going to heinkel for laser tag. That would be fun, we just need to make sure that we get lots of people so we can get a big group discount. The only problem is i have a LOAD of friends who live a block away and would pry harrasse me :) but did you know they have a big paint ball arena there now?

25. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Mst_Anakin, it will be at the Denny's on Menaul and Juan Tabo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.