Abq Meeting Agendas

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyAnakinSkywalker, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Padawan_Ken0bi Jedi Knight

Hilo:
    Hey, sorry that this is kind of late in the topic ( And I hate when this happens ) But what is exactly going on, I read the topic and all I got from it was a head ache and something about June 23rd? So far I have heard the meeting is June 23 ( I did not catch the time ) and it is at Denny's at Menual and Juan Tabo?
    Please inform me if this is right and if it is is on the 23, because if it is, I will not be able to make it, and if it is the 23rd then I will have to live with it, but if anyone could, would you PLEASE ( Look I said please ) could you send me more information on things I will be missing once the meeting has happened because I would still like to catch up even though I am not going to be able to make it most likely.
    ( Sorrie it is taking me so long to catch up but I am stuck with my Dad's lap top in North Carolina right now.) :(
    Thanks again! :)
  2. Mst_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHITNEY! Tis me! ERIN! It's on the 23 at 6 you aint makin it hon, sorry but I'll take as many pictures as I can if my parents will cart me down there and if they do I'll tell you all about it.
  3. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It is posted on the main fanforce.net site. If you ever have questions as to the day/time/location, you can look around there.

To recap:

The meeting is June 23rd, at 6pm at the Denny's on Menaul and Juan Tabo. If anyone has questions, feel free to post them.
  4. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you know how many time you have posted the same date, time, and location of the meeting? I sure dont but i know its alot! LOL!
  5. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all...just joined the ABQ group today! I was always a SW fan, but since AOTC came out I've gotten sucked back in ...big time. (8 times and counting...)

Can't make the meeting today, but please let me know of anything else going on.

6. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    Let me be the first to welcome you Wook, too bad you cant make the meeting, i believe it's our first offical one so far. so have fun and i'll see you round the forums.
  7. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Wook! I look foward to seeing you at a future meeting. At this meeting tonight, we will probably begin discussion about the meeting we'll be having next month, which should be intresting considering my schedule. ;) Feel free to post your usual availibility so we can hopefully be able to include you.
  8. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Weekends are better of course...this thing called "my job" is interfering with my SW fix lately (GRR...wookiee roar) , so I'll just have to make it when I can.
  9. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, guys, I'm leaving the house to start picking people up. I can't wait to see you all there!
  10. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello all! I was very happy to see everyone that could make it to the meeting!! It was awesome and I hope to have many more fun times with all of you!!
  11. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I would first like to congratulate ChromiumTHC on his appointment as City Rep, so everyone please PM him and tell him how glad you are he got the job. ;) I would also like to thank Skyra, Leto, Rintor, Lady Nabby, Justin (who read about us!), SithLordAaron, ChromiumTHC and SirLancelot for all showing up! It was fun to hang out with everyone.

Also, since Denny's is Denny's, and we had 10 people show up, Skyra says we may be able to use the Cherry Hills Library as a more permenant meeting place! WOOHOO Skyra. But, I'm sure Chromium has lots to post, since he is now our City Rep!

Again, thank you to everyone who made the meeting a success!
  12. Padawan_Ken0bi Jedi Knight

. . . . .
    Sorry, I cant help it if my memory is slightly not the best. . .I read to fast. <_< I apoligize if I was an annoying pain once again for not seeing the many post that you all placed upon this. . board thingy about the place and date of the first meeting and I am sorry I could not have made it to teh first offical meeting thing as well. . . sad. . .
    ;)
  13. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    Lat night the meeting was great :) i was so glad i got to meet everyone. And Justin, if you are reading this, sigh up for the boards and be in the loop. Make sure you post me on what happened after i left.
  14. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had a great time last night and was glad to have finally met everyone in person.
    Can't wait for the next meeting or get-together. :)
  15. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry, I've been on a time delay here, but my mom was in town, so we had to do the touristy thing and see all the sights. As I was looking up at the Sandia peaks, I had a vision of a new logo, of the Sandia Mountains with twin moons hanging low over it in a beautiful orange-sherbert color.

I'll work on it tonight and see what I can come up with after work.

Chromium
    PS. I'll be posting some meeting stuff in a bit.
  16. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd like to first of all, thank all of you who showed up at our first official meeting. It was a resounding success, and I think it's safe to say we all had a good time.

We started off with a general discussion about AOTC and which was everyone's favorite movie. (Generally ESB, but a few AOTC votes were in there as well, and Lady Naberrie's vote for TPM was recognized as well ;) )

We also had a few rounds of SW trivia, with all the SW Die Hards showing their true colors, and the rest of us chiming in when we knew the answers [face_blush] (Right Lady Anakin?) 50/50 is not so bad!.

Skyra verified that we can use the Cherry Hills library as a meeting place from now on.
    This will prove to be more advantageous in the future as Denny's could only put us all at 1 long table, so this resulted in multiple conversations happening and it was at times a bit confusing.

We decided that membership requirements are that you have to have Internet access and check in on our forums at least a few times each month.

Rintor volunteered his services as WebMaster and in the coming weeks, we'll be putting together a web site for Mos Alba. Lady Anakin mentioned that her server offers unlimited bandwidth, so we'll likely be going through there.

Once we have finalized a logo, one of the first applications of it will be on T-Shirts so we can represent Mos Alba properly. :D
    Since no one had printed out the logos, we were unable to vote on which one to pick yet.

Mentioned for an upcoming official activity is the release of Star Wars Galaxies where we could go in costume to the local software stores to promote membership.

Also upcoming we are gonna try to coordinate a costuming party/workshop, where we'll be giving some instructions and hints on how to make your own Star Wars costume. (We'll likely do a Jedi robe costume to start with, due to the simplicity of it.)

I'll most likely be having our unofficial BBQ/Laser Tag party July 7th, that's in 2 weeks on Sunday. Let me know if you all can make it, and I'll firm up these plans this week.

I think that about sums it up, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

Your newly elected City Rep,
    Chromium
  17. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chromium,
    We are going to have a problem refernce using the library if the meetings are on Sunday's. The library is not open, Sundays and Mondays. And, the only nights that we are open is Tuesday and Wednesdays until 8pm.
    So, we are going to have to be on the lookout for another place. Aren't there some bigger restaurants, like Golden Corral or others that have large meeting rooms?
    I've seen some larger Denny's that have areas that can be closed off. So, if we can locate some other place that has areas like that we could do that on Sundays instead.
    We can eat, plus have an area to ourselves.
    So, we need to put our heads together and start looking for a place to use on Sundays.
  18. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good point. That hadn't even occured to me.
    I'll scout out some restaurants this weekend to see what kind of amenities are offered.

Chromium
  19. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for the update Skyra, I hadn't thought of that either. But something to keep in mind is money. Not all of us have the money to buy meals/drinks at our meetings and I've never been a big fan of eating when others are just left to watch us eat. ;) Active Imagination on Montgomery and Juan Tabo holds CCG nights, and maybe we could contact them and see if they'd be intrested in hosting our meetings. Or we could possibly contact some comic book stores?
  20. Rintor Jedi Padawan

Here are my logo suggestions:
    BIG
    http://members.aol.com/rintor15/mos_alba.bmp
    SMALL
    http://members.aol.com/rintor15/mos_albasmall.bmp

I'm posting these so that we can start making a decision. If anyone has an idea for a logo, but is not good with graphics, talk to me. I'll see if I can do what you are thinking of.
  21. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    The two comic book stores (Tall Tales and the Comic Warehouse) I'm familiar with probably don't have enough room for all of us, however there is a new gaming store on Central/Nob Hill near the Monte Vista Firestation called Clockwork Jabberwock that has plenty of room(not a great location, I know, parking would be an issue). I'll see if they might be interested. However the location of Active Imagination (if they let us!) would be my preference.
  22. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    You're right Lady Anakin, it's not such a good idea to use restaurants. As for the gaming/comic book stores etc., are any of them even open on Sundays?
  23. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rintor,
    I like the bigger logo. You can read the
    MOS ALBA better.
  24. Rintor Jedi Padawan

Well, we have to have two logos. A big one and a small one.
  25. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    Unfortunately it looks like I can't do the Laser Tag thing this weekend. Finances are too tight, unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be able to host it sometime soon though, as I'm working my butt off to earn some extra money this summer.

Chromium
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.