main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Meeting and Movie Night: Return of the King December the 17th

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    going to a late showing tonight, and I'm assuming that i'll probably see it at least two more times after that. Saw the extended T.T. and can understand why they took out roasted Mary & Pip, but the extra Boramir and Ent stuff WAS SWEET! Also, the little part about Aragorn's age was cool.

2. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    The movie was one of the best my eyes have ever seen(no kidding).

3. Jedi_Kristen

Jedi_Kristen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Are we doing anything tonight you guys?

4. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    Resting. I'm dead tired today. Barely had the energy to go get my comics.

5. Jedi_Kristen

Jedi_Kristen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow. Poor John. :p

6. DARTHGOON

Mar 24, 2002
    we have to see it again soon john.

7. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Hey guys,

I went to see it last night and I absolutely loved it. I would have worked with the flow at the end a bit but I have no complaints really.

8. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    :( am a sick Wookiee - dratted flu, but I'm going to go see it as soon as I get well enough to enjoy it....

.....anybody want to come along?

9. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    The movie was Ok...they could have cut some stuff out of it.

I fell asleep in the last scene

They neede to spen a littl emore time on the special effects...the model shots were magnificant but the backgrounds and animals were just awful to watch...especially Legolas

Overall, I would see it again, but Fellowship is my fave :D

10. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    since the pacing of the endings was messed up I'm going to have to that it's only the best thing I've seen in my life time instead of all time.

11. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    Here's some interesting tidbits from thedigitalbits.com:
    Ain't it Cool News is reporting a that rumor that New Line is balking on the price WETA Digital is charging to finish the effects for the extra footage that Peter Jackson plans to add back into The Return of the King for the extended edition DVD. The thought is that the studio might be planning to cheap out and use a budget-rate American effects house to finish the shots. We can't vouch for the validity of the rumor, but if it's true, we'll be seriously pissed here at The Bits. New Line... if you're reading this, don't even think about it. You've got a good thing going and these DVDs have really been a cut above the usual studio cookie cutter fare. This is NO time to try to shave a little more profit out of it. Let Jackson and WETA do whatever the hell they want to with the DVD and that's that. They've earned the right. We'll look into this and try to find out if it's really something the studio is considering. If it's true, someone's gonna get an earful from us.

Ain't it Cool is also reporting a list of the scenes to be added back into the film for the extended DVD. These include Gandalf confronting Saruman at Isengard, Merry pledging allegiance to Theoden at Edoras, Aragorn using the Palantir to reveal himself to Sauron, the Witch King confronting Gandalf during the battle of Pelennor Fields, the Houses of Healing scene in which Faramir and Eowyn meet, Frodo and Sam joining a column of orcs on the way to Mt. Doom and the infamous 'Mouth of Sauron' scene at the Black Gates. Glimpses of a few of these appeared in trailers for the film. We've also heard that the drinking game at Edoras between Gimli and Legolas will be added back in, along with possibly more footage showing other characters going into the West at the end of the film. Peter Jackson has said that approximately 65 minutes of material was cut from the film for its theatrical release, so a good portion of that could find its way back into the extended cut. We'll post more when we hear it.

12. DARTHGOON

Mar 24, 2002
    it ALWAYS comes down to money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.