main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA meeting and practice

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Liz_Skywalker, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    so, it's probably on here somewhere but i don't know where. what time are we supposed to be at Borders? 7? cuz if so we better get right to it if we're going to practice afterward, etc. and are we to practice at barry's or the warehouse? because i need to make arrangements for a babysitter if that's the case.

2. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Meeting at 7:00 at Borders. Practice after at Barry's. That would be the plan.

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    It looks like I'm going to be a bit late, but hopefully not much more than ten or fifteen minutes. So just hold the meeting until I arrive:D, you can discuss who the better captain was, Pike or Kirk, to pass the time[face_batting] .

4. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    No contest.

Kirk!

Although Picard looks better in tight fitting jumpsuit.

5. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    Picard, hands down. There's no way Kirk could rock a shiney noggin. And Kirk could NEVER be professor X. Jean-Luc all the way.

6. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    from what i understand, kirk has a shiney noggin, being famous for his toupee. but perhaps there is a reason it is not displayed, and maybe it's for the best.

kind of a toss-up. picard came across as intelligent and tasteful, kirk as pure huevos. and while kirk did get to sleep with every humanoid female in the universe, at least they never had the nerve to use the appalling "evil-because-he's-got-a-goatee" plot device on picard (that i know of... and don't try to bring up locutus because that's different)

so, about a trade-off.

7. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    Ahem...

For the geeknically challenged allow me to quote:

<<discuss who the better captain was, Pike or Kirk>>

No typos there. M-hm.:-B

Aaaand you were supposed to discuss it while you were all waiting for me to be late, which, as it turns out, won't be the case after all, so... uh, never mind on that point. So I guess it's all right to discuss here and now, if only you were comparing/contrasting the right captains. Oh the shame of it all.

O:)

8. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    sorry, obviously BARRY is the best captain around... ???

>>from what i understand, kirk has a shiney noggin, being famous for his toupee. but perhaps there is a reason it is not displayed, and maybe it's for the best.<<

EXACTLY.

9. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    Hah!

Actually it was a trick question... everyone knows Malcom Reynolds is the best captain.[face_cowboy]

10. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    no, i caught the pike thing (not barry, the guy who was captain for like 30 seconds in the very first episode, wasn't he?) i just ran with what was already being discussed...

and since it was ME who was late (oh, no surprise, so hush) i would've missed the discussion anyway, so best i threw in when i did

11. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Captain Christopher Pike was the third captain of the Enterprise, is the Star Trek universe. The actor, Jeffery Hunter, portrayed Captain Pike in the first pilot episode of Star Trek which was done to sell the series. Even though executives were very impressed they wanted some changes, including the replacement of Number One, a female first officer, and Mr Spock because he was too alien. A second episode was done but Jeffery Hunter was unable to star in this one nor was he really too interested in doing a weekly series since he was a movie actor. So Captain Pike was relpaced with Captain Kirk.

In the second pilot Number One was gone but Mr. Spock remained. This sold the series and later became episode three in the series. Later the first pilot called The Cage became a two-part episode. Without Jeffery Hunter Captain Pike was said to have been in a horrble accident which left him scared and unable to move or speak.

To answer the question; Pike was an early version of Kirk but he still had more compassion and was not so quick to react. He also did not have Kirk's edge which means that Kirk still comes out as the better captain. Kirk always wins, but Jeffery Hunter looked better in the one piece jumpsuit.;)

12. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    yes, but have you seen ME in a one piece jumpsuit?

13. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    When you do Luke it will be close.

But we also have X MEN to look forward to, don't we?

14. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    ooohhhh lala....

anyhow, speaking of XMEN, did you get around to watching either of them this lovely evening?

15. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    No, we went to the St. Mort's Guild meeting and did not get home until almost 9:00pm. Barry wanted to play with his trains for a little while so we are going to try for tomorrow.

16. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    trains, paper boats...

y'all need to get some grown-up hobbies...

like collecting funnybooks & toys! ;)

17. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004

[quote=mileniumhanandshrimp]trains, paper boats...

y'all need to get some grown-up hobbies...

like collecting funnybooks & toys! [face_wink]

[/quote]
    [hr]

[b][color=firebrick]I have a grown up hobby.

I dress my purse up in costumes, and soon my cat.[face_grin] [/color][/b]

18. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    :oops:

which reminds me... not to encourage your eccentricity, but i may have something you can use for a helmet for your long-suffering purse. or you could drink out of it.

;)

19. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Skippy would be very happy. The costume is not the same without the Helmet.

Skippy is getting ready for Mardi Gras right now. He has his first strand of beads with a lobster attached. What more could a stylish cat purse want?;)

20. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    you have GOT to tell me where you found the lobster thing... my sister would be so happy if i got her one.

as for the helmet, well, frankly it's a very small squeeze bottle, so it would require some modification. but i think it is the perfect size, and would probably fit snugly enough that you wouldn't have to worry about it coming off.

21. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    *frantically waving hand*.....i know....i know.....

lobsterita from red lobster....comes with the mardi gras bead/lobster pendant thingy....got a couple of those myownself...

not got a smidgeon of lobster juice in them (thank gods) but they are HUGE!!

meow.....

me*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.