main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Meeting Announcement for Jan. 12th 2003

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    I thought you would request Big Newport, LordJedi. I see alot of the FanForcers in OC discuss it on the boards. I've only been there once, since it was one of the few places in OC playing 'The Royal Tennenbaums', and the screen was HUGE. I will be online tonight, and I'm volunteering to "location scout" for showtimes and theatres for TTT on the 12th. Just post your suggestions, and I'll try my hand at organizing this.

Oh yeah, I hope you got my reply to your PM, LordJedi. I'm definitely in the market for any cams of TTT that are available, since KaZaa up to this point has been useless in downloading it.

2. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm up for seeing it at any AMC or Regal theatre. Cause I still have gift certificates for both and I'm so broke lol

3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I'm looking at someplace close to the meeting location. Either Century 21 off of Katella they are affiliated with Regal I believe or we can go to the AMC at the Block. Those are the closest to the meeting location.

4. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    The best bets so far for Sunday showtimes of 'The Two Towers' would be the simultaneous 4pm showings TTT at AMC Downtown Disney & The Block; there is also a 4pm showing at Big Newport, LordJedi. Stadium 25 has showings at 3:10, 3:40, and 4:10 which are current ONLY as of 1/8/03, and subjest to change. I'm recommending any of the 4pm showings, as not to interfere with the meetings proceedings. The Block is showing TTT only on one of their Big Screens, so I'm still rooting for Downtown Disney.

For Princess_Skywalker, go to fandango.com for a pleasing surprise, Edwards = Regal Cinemas.

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Regal = UA, Edwards, and Regal. Regal bought up all the UA and Edwards theaters a little more than a year ago. Edwards was facing bankruptcy (don't know about UA) so the consolidation has probably helped everyone. And now Edwards gives student discounts. Yay!

6. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    We should be coming to the meeting with our boys. We would be game for TTT afterwards also, though we would prefer to stick to Central OC (the Block, Disney or the Katella theatres vs going all the way down to Fashion Island).

Tim
    aka
    TK-1066
    501st LXO

7. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

my vote is for the block or downtown disney. either is good. there will be less people at downtown disney. but there are lots of cool stores at the block. so i will go with either.

8. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Man, it sounds like there are gonna be a lot of people at this meeting! We're going to need to take up that whole back room! :eek: Is Tim or any of the other 501st guys coming?

Shawn, can you figure out a head-count for me with these posts so I know how many copies of the Trivia Quiz to make? ?[face_plain] Thanks in advance.

I just need to write a couple of tie-breaker questions and the quiz'll be finished. :)

9. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Still working out a Two Towers location/time for tomorrow. Please provide your input. So far, I've got showtimes for Sun., 1/12:

4:10pm, Century Stadium 25 (On Katella in Anaheim)

4:00pm, AMC 30 @ The Block (City Blvd., Orange)

4:00pm, Edwards Newport 6 (Big Newport, Newport Beach)

Downtown Disney is playing the movie at 3:30pm, which might cut too much into meeting time, so I'm counting that one out.

Though The Block is closest, I'm not sure if TTT is still playing on a GIANT screen. I was down there 1/3 for 'Adaptation', and I didn't recall seeing TTT on one of the larger theatre entraces, but I could be wrong.

Also, the showtimes at Stadium 25 are in pretty small intervals, denoting multiple screens, increasing our chances of seeing it on a larger screen. I'll gather your remaining feedback tonight, and post the "winner".

10. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I would definitely prefer one of the closer theaters, also.

11. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Although I think it'd be fun to afterwards walk around Downtown Disney (I need to buy some new Star Wars Lego keychains!), the Katella theater is REALLY nice and VERY close.

12. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    sorry i haven't been online lately so this is the first i've heard of the meeting. it might be hard for me to convince my parents to let me go especially with my grades as bad as they are (they are getting better though). i feel terrilbe because i also have a secret santa gift to give. maybe i'll be able to stay long enough just to give the gift......i'll keep you updated.

13. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Go to the meeting...Go see The Two Towers. Grades matter not. Study later...

14. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    It's sounding more like the Anaheim Stadium 25 Theaters might be the top candidate...Is it going to matter a whole lot if I figure this out tonight, or can we decide on this tomorrow. I'm definitely going no matter what, so what do think will be better?

I suppose I'll tentatively post that we'll go see TTT tomorrow, 4pm at Stadium 25, and if opposition is fierce, I can choose an alternate location (Like The Block).

15. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I will definitely be at this meeting, and barring unforseen events, my boyfriend will be coming along. We are not going to see TTT with you guys, though, as he has an essay due monday that I am helping him with. Can't spend 4 extra hous going to see TTT, unfortunately.

Also,I have talked to MikeyKnew, and there is a 90% chance he'll be at the meeting. :)

Look forward to seeing you all there tomorrow!

16. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Jedi_Loreen - Sorry for not getting this posted sooner, but you should probably nring at least 20 copies of the trivia to be safe. It looks like we're going to have quite a few people there.

17. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I think I'll bring at least 25 copies. Thanks Shawn.

18. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Bad News peoples. Lisa, Marley, and I have strep throat. We went to the doctor yesterday and we are jacked up. Good news for you is that I was studying all month long to clean up on the trivia quiz so I will give one of you the chance to win. Is there any way someone could post the questions after the meeting so I can see how I would've done? If somebody does that then I will be your best friend. Anyways, sorry we're not going to be there. I will be there in spirit overlooking you like ben kenobi, yoda, and anakin. May the force be with you.

19. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Aw, Aaron, I am very sorry to hear that. :(

I would be more than happy to included the questions and answers in my meeting minutes, unless someone else ends up beating me to it. :)

Hope you all recover quickly!

20. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    sorry guys...my mom said my grades weren't good enough and i have a cold that's getting progressively worse.

but i do have a secret santa gift. sould i tell the person whose gift i have so they don't feel left out or something?

later,
    avery

21. MikeyKnew

MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    The meeting was awesome. It was great to meet all of you. I look forward to the next meeting at WOTC. I will bring something fun next time too and I might just have some keen news for you booklovers at that point. Thanks again for the great time.

And a big THANK YOU to Kuai Gon Jim for my Teen Wolf 1&2 DVD, that is seriously so sweet!!!

22. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Hey Darth_Avery, I've been told that I should go ahead and let you know it was me who had you. Are you going to be at the next meeting? If so, I'll just bring it then.

23. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Okay, Aaron, since I wrote the Trivia Quiz, it'll be easier for me to post the questions for you, since I already have them on my computer. No cheating, now! People said it was hard. [face_mischief]

1. What is the name of the fat Twi'lek senator in Episodes 1 and 2?

2. What type of droid is EG-4?

3. Who manufactures X-Wing Fighters and Snowspeeders?

4. What is the name of the Hutt that lost Shmi and Anakin Skywalker in a pod race?

5. What species is Jedi Council member Eeth Koth? And Darth Maul?

6. What does Boba Fett wear draped over his right shoulder?

7. What is the model designation of the Millenium Falcon?

8. What was the name of the type of feline creature that attacked Padme in the Geonosian arena?

9. What kind of blaster rifle does Boba Fett use?

10. What is the designation of the Stormtrooper that Luke steals the armor from in "A New Hope"?
    a. TK 123
    b. TK 214
    c. TK 1138
    d. TK 421

24. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Aaron & family, and D_Avery, hope you all feeling better soon! :)

Enjoyed the meeting a lot, as usual.
    Thanks Mikey for the gift card, and
    Thanks Amy for those cool posters.
    All in all, made my week a great one!

Sorry I bailed on TTT -- I was going on little sleep all weekend and would have passed out had I gone. In fact, I ...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

25. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I had a good time at both the meeting and the show! Thanks a bunch Amy for the cool models/posters/puzzles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.