main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Meeting Announcement for Jan. 12th 2003

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Last meeting was one of the best!
    I'm so glad I got to see TTT again as well. It's so much more fun with a big group of people like we had.
    Thanks to Tracy for the COOLEST Princess Leia figure and Harry Potter goodies. You did sooooo well picking the stuff out, I just love it!
    Thanks to Jim for bringing me Leia AND Anakin cards! They are both on my fridge now. lol I couldn't decide which one to put up, so they had to share the space. ;)
    Can't wait for next meeting and game night. Hope it's not a trivia game though, cause I don't have the time to sit home and study for it....ha ha ha :p
    Oh and we better make sure we start our games at a decent time next meeting. Wouldn't want anyone to miss Alias or anything. lol

2. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys:

really great meeting. it was good to see all of you again. im sorry some people couldnt make it. hope you will come next time. the trivia contest was really hard! i had to make up an answer just to get 1 right. nice work on making up the questions though, lori and you belt and saber looked fantastic. in fact your whole outfit was killer. hope the pictures turned out. we had a great time at the movie, although SRB had to leave early because his back was hurting him. hope you are feeling better. until next time,
    mtfbwy zhi-don

3. MikeyKnew

MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Yeah, seriously, I'm bummed out that I had to miss TTT. It would have been my fourth time seeing it.

me = giant LOTR fan

you guys = really nice and welcoming to newbies (such as myself)

Tracy = the coolest dork-friend ever

Boba Fett = non-important character

that last line = targetted at BobaFettMP

me = only playing :p

Thanks for the great time guys. Do any of you ever hang out outside of just the meetings? Would anyone be willing to help me understand the Star Wars RPG (and therfore help me become a good GM)? I used to run Vampire the Masquerade games, is it that different?

Sorry this post was all over the place.

important message = you kids rule the kingdom!

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    It was nice to finally meet you. It was my fourth time seeing TTT. Had fun. This meeting was actually pretty enjoyable.

Note to self: Buy Shawn something that will make an extremely LOUD noise for next meeting. Poor Guy. Once we all get going.... ;)

For the record, evil dead anything= non-important movies; ie-not worth seeing, sucked @$%, etc. etc. etc.

But the simpsons...very cool indeed
    D'oh!

5. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    princess;

i agree about the need for SRB to have a gavel or something to start the meetings. i recommend a lightsaber. my obi-wan saber has a pretty good sound to it and when you knock it against a surface it makes the *snap**humm* sound. that should get everones attention. what does everyone think?

6. MikeyKnew

Sep 25, 2002
    Evil Dead is the napalm, for the record. Also, for the record my sig is from High Fidelity, also in the same arsenal category.

Yeah, I can bring my two year old niece, she makes lots of noise. Will that help you Shawn?

7. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Evil dead 1 & 2 were the WORST scary movies I have ever seen. Actually they are on my top worst movies list. Movies that I can't believe I actually wasted time watching. They sucked. :p

S-U-C-K-E-D SUCKED

And yes I KNOW that's what that is from. And I did actually like High Fidelity. There isn't a John Cusack movie I don't like. Say Anything being his best.

"I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen"
    -Still one of the best movie lines ever uttered.

8. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Evil Dead was great. Ash is the best.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
    "Groovy"

Ah, yes, Ash rocks!

9. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    "I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!"

"Swallow this".

10. MikeyKnew

Sep 25, 2002
    Army of Drakness needs some representation here:

"Shop smart, shop S-mart."

"Gimme some sugar baby."

"Come get some."

Cinematic genius I tell you. :D

11. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    The best Cusack movie ever is Better off Dead. Sorry Princess. Say Anything is great because everything Cameron Crowe does is great with the exception of Vanilla Sky which is an incredible piece of crap.

Lando Rules!

12. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Best line ever:

"This is my BOOMSTICK!"

13. MikeyKnew

Sep 25, 2002
    BOOMSTICK = Solid!

Vanilla Sky = So solid!

Cameron Crowe = the best working director in Hollywood (because Pete Jackson is in New Zealand)

best Cusak movie = Better off Dead. I mean, dancing hamburgers, brilliant!

14. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Don't forget all the Van Halen in 'Better Off Dead'! Sing with me:

"EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!"

"I WANT SOME TOO!!!"

That movie rocks! I want my TWO DOLLARS!!! Did any of you notice that the movie is written by "Savage" Steve Holland? He went on to create the greatest comedy cartoon of all time, 'Eek! The Cat' I loved Sharkdog, and my favories were The Squishy Bears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.