main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Meeting - April 16

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by nobodyfresh, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I will be there tonight, for once!;)

2. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Never mind... I got dropped off at the WRONG Superstore. But that Superstore did have a McQuarrie Chewbacca.

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Peter.

Great to see everybody again. Everybody check their schedules till August as I should know in the next few days the meeting dates till the August meeting. I figure we should book now.

4. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    yes we should book now

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. Good to see some new faces (jacksonfett/rustedhalo - did you guys get lost?).

Summary of what was discussed is below:

*Edmonton Toy Show - this Sunday, at the Shaw Centre. Bonnie Piesse is the SW guest (young Aunt Beru EP 2/3). Red5 will have a booth and several members are going up. Great place to find good collectibles!

*Calgary Comic & Expo - 1 1/2 weeks away! (Please see the Expo thread for more detailed info)

*ROTS viewing on May 10th.

*Conversion 24 - August 15-17th
    Timothy Zahn (author of 8 SW books) is one of this years guests!! The CSFFS has contacted us, looking for a volunteer to aid Mr. Zahn during his stay. You'd be responsible for picking him up at the airport as well as being his assistant during his stay (for the entire convention). If you are interested in volunteering, please contact PreludeRM. Please note: This is the same weekend as the CLONE WARS theatrical release.
    http://www.con-version.org/guests08.html

*We are looking for a new meeting place. We're only able to use the 'free' Superstore community rooms until August. If you know of a free space we can use, please let us know.

6. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Meeting was fun as always even if I was alittle late great to see everyone again.

7. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    I am sorry I did no show up....planning a wedding is like having a FT job!
    But I do plan on volunteering for the Expo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.