main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Meeting: August 16

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, July is almost over so let's talk August.

Obviously, Dragon*Con is at the end of the month so the 30-31st is right out. :) The 9-10th is probably bad for me (unless we want to meet in Baltimore...), but the rest of the weekends are open at this point in time.

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    what's in Baltimore? Radiohead?

3. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Except for this next weekend, our schedule looks open for the weekends. Since I'm working a lot of weekends at REI, I'd prefer some notice so I can take time off, though.

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Heather will be at an anime convention that weekend. I'm not planning on going, but mom isn't too keen on her driving to Baltimore by herself so I don't know (and mom will be in Mexico so she can't take her).

5. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, weekends are pretty much straight out for me in August, unless someone wants to do something on a Sunday night around 7 or 8 o'clock.
    I took off Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th because I have plans already.
    And on Sunday the 24th, I'm off, but I'll be going to the MD Renaissance Festival with some friends.
    Other than that, I'm working every Saturday & Sunday in August. [face_plain]

6. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Free time in August. Hahahahahaha!!!

Unless you all want to make our meeting theme be Helping Eugenia And Ken Move....

7. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    actually the 9th would be out for me too. Since my boss is being kind and letting me have anothe rholiday weekend off, I told her I would work that Saturday.

8. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, if we ventured to Baltimore, we could take in "Ghosts of the Abyss" on IMAX. Or the Aquarium is very cool if you've never been there. And the Inner Harbor has millions of places to get lunch (Like the Hard Rock Cafe, my favorite :D ).

I've volunteered for the "Help K & E move" theme so that weekend is reserved.

What about the 16th?

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    my rugby season starts very soon, meaning most saturdays are out for me now :( I'm also in the UK from the 6th to the 13th.

Baltimore would be a good place for a field trip - the inner harbour is nice :) I was disappointed by the aquarium though, I really expected more :(

10. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I didn't think it was so bad as it was hella expensive. I went when they had the Sea Horse exhibit, which was very awesome. They had a really extraordianry Tasmanian Sea Dragon.

Funny how the most exotic animals come from Tasmania.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I like the sharks. They are my second favorite animal. :)

Doesn't look like August is a good month; somehow I expected it to be this way. I would really like to iron out picnic details at the meeting, but we need more than 3 people for that. :D We can do that on the board if we need to though...

12. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    When is the "Help K&E move" weekend? I might want to help out, also.

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Help K&E Move weekend is August 23 - it'll be exciting!! No furniture will be involved, barring some sort of disaster with movers, just boxes and electronics and toys. Any and all help is welcome!

Also, if we need a meeting for "official" purposes, there will be enough of us at DragonCon.

14. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Looks like the meeting will happen at DragonCon. It seems that everyone is booked all of August. I am waiting to hear from families as to when they will be visiting. So, I may say that a weekend is free now. However, that could all change in a minute.

15. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I guess I'll just be here by myself then, since I'm not going to DragonCon.

16. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm not going to Dragoncon either. It just seems the only time that biggest amount of people will be together for a meeting.

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And it's Labor Day weekend, when lots of folks go away.

And it's not to late to go to DragonCon....

18. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Are you giving me the money to go? Also, it looks like my in-laws want to visit that weekend.

19. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    the weekend of the 23rd is defenatly out for me, i'm heading out of town that weekend. but iothers seem good to me.

20. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    actually now I don't have to work on the 9th. I have to work on the 2nd instead.

21. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    There's an airshow at the Frederick Municipal Airport August 16 & 17th. We could have a meeting there. Hit the link below for details.

Wings of Freedom Airshow!

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    An airshow?

My family used to make me go to those things when I lived in Europe.

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Fine. The Jason vs. Freddy movie starts Friday the 16th. [face_devil]

24. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I will be seeing Freddy vs. Jason opening night. I have set both my wallpaper and screensaver to Freddy vs. Jason. This movie will so much fun to watch.

Yes, I know Jeff was joking about having the meeting before a veiwing of this movie.

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    No I wasn't. In fact we should have a BIG lunch before going to see it. :D

EDIT: Post 3000!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.