main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Meeting: August 16

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, we definitely want to take the Metro. The website says there's not much parking there due to construction. Since the movie's not till 830pm, do we want to meet for dinner somewhere close? I don't know the area, other than its one stop (Grosvenor-Stratmore) before the White Flint Metro stop.

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    well, Val drove last year...

3. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm just going by what the website says.

"Due to construction of a 2000 car garage (open in '04), parking is more limited that it was last year. We strongly encourage you to take Metro to the Festival."

So even though its a really long ride for me, I think I'll go ahead and Metro up there.

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Don't know if the family is coming to this one but i am going to try to take the metro also.

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Pity the person who works there is not here - I bet he could give all kinds of recommendations where to meet up.

6. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Who, malkie? He'll be back next week before the meeting. Hopefully he can provide us with some directions.

7. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah I drove last year... but I may not this year because of the parking shortage. I don't remember there being much in the vicinity of the place as far as restaurants and such. Unless we met somewhere at a different stop then metroed to the movie together. Hmmm.

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    We could Metro to White Flint, meet at a restaurant, say Cheesecake Factory, then go from there.

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Mmmm, Cheesecake Factory.

10. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    no. we do not need to go to the cheesecake factory again......

11. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    yeah, i can go do both, so where ever it is off the metro i can do it. just time and place and where i gotta go. Thanks.

12. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Christa and I are hoping to take a looooong bike ride that day. Am I to understand that the meeting will be after 6 or so? That would be a good thing - we can head out in the AM to ride all day out and back on the W&OD, take a shower and still be up there in time.

13. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey Val,

So when do we want to meet up and where?

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well, we need to decide if we're gonna meet up somewhere else and then go to the film, or just meet at the film.

It would probably be easier to find everyone if we meet elsewhere first, but that would be harder transportation wise and what not. Plus, I'm not too sure about the area so I can't really suggest a good meeting place.

15. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I will be at the movie with some friends of mine, so I am going to skip the meeting. If I see where you guys are sitting, then I will stop over and say hi. Have fun.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I looked at some maps of the area. There isn't a whole lot there for a meet-up place.

As I suggested before, we could meet up at White Flint Mall (its only 1 stop past Strathmore), eat somewhere and do the meeting thing. Then ride back down to the Strathmore-Grosvenor and walk to the Festival.

Otherwise, we could just meet up at the Strathmore-Grosvenor Metro Stop at say 630 and just have the meeting at the Film festival before the movie starts. This way we could get a decent seat, maybe.

17. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    So any ideas anybody? Anybody?

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller?

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Fry...Fry....Fry...

Voodoo economics

19. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, now that we're done joking what do you want to do, Val?

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I would say go for a meeting somewhere in White Flint then move on to the movie afterwards, although that is a bit convoluted. I'm not sure a meeting at the movie would work because there will be a *lot* of people there. If anyone else has opinions either way, I'd like to hear them. :)

21. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone? ...the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered? ...raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

or

Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
    Economics Teacher: Thank you, Simone
    Simone: No problem whatsoever.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, unless you can think of another place along the way to stop, I think White Flint will be our best bet. I would have suggested Pentagon City, but its kind of out of the way for me and Sharon (if she is going?) on the Metro, seeing we come up the Green Line.

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I believe Sharon is going, I think her and Liz had tentative plans for the weekend so she isn't working. I will wait one more day to see if anyone chimes in... if not, I will decide. Mwahahahaha.

24. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    *bows before the Almighty Valerie*

25. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I still can't make it, but Ken might be able to. I'll keep him posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.