main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Meeting for Con-version demo and July test

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Manu-Forti, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manu-Forti

Manu-Forti Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    Tue. (July 4th ) we will be having a meeting of the lightsaber students.
    The meeting will be at Riley Park 6:30 pm in the usual spot.

Everybody that will be demonstrating in the lightsaber combat panel
    at Con-version are asked to attend. Also if you wish to participate in the combat test in late July.
    we will be signing people up for that.
    Even if you only took the first introductory set of 5 classes ( last Aug.) you are invited to this once a year test.

(Four hours of class time is the minimum requirement to test)

There will be a written as well as the physical part of the test.

If you have any Questions or comments in regards this, PM Dr. Haggis or better yet E-mail me.

Just a reminder:
    there will be no Sat. class this weekend .

M.F.

2. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I guess I'm out for this guys. MTFBWY on your test and the demo. I'll still see you at con though.

3. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Cool. I note the earlier starting time :). I will be there!

Jen

4. ravencrow666

ravencrow666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    too bad you have to have class time to show your stuff

5. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I'm scheduled to meet with the Convention Hotel and several members of the Convention Committee this Tuesday, and I'm unsure as to whether I'll be able to attend the class on Tuesday. :( I've worked hard this year, and I think I'd like to still demonstrate and test, if Sifu Tim would allow it. Perhaps I'll call you tomorrow, Manu-Forti, and we can talk.

6. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I'm confused Ravencrow, are you disappointed that you can't participate in the demo or that you can't test?

The test is to show our instructor, Sifu Tim, what we have learned over the year. The demo at Con-version is Sifu Tim's Panel on Jedi Combat, not a talent show.

The class never excluded any FanForce member. We have had open classes for a year, and students have come and gone. Now the remaining students that are ready to test and demonstrate are going to get that chance.

Where in all of this does someone who has not taken this course fall?

7. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    Hmmm. And here I was thinking that ravencrow meant that either it's too bad we have to show our stuff off in class, rather than at some public event; or that it's too bad we have to show our stuff off during programming hours ("class"?) at Con. No doubt the confusion stems from my inherent ditziness.

But yeah, if DrHaggis interprets your comment correctly, ravencrow - the demo is about the class offered to FanForce members (and of course you would have been welcome since you're a member) and our approach to lightsaber combat, it's not about everyone who swings stick. There needs to be some focus, and this seems to be a fair one to me.

Also, if we're demonstrating together it makes a lot of sense from an entertainment, education and safety point of view to practice together.

If you are interested in demonstrating your skills, you should propose a panel or demo to the Con programmers (though the deadline for that this year has passed).

Jen

8. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I will be there for the meeting/class today, and am ready to test on either Saturday the 22nd or the 29th, or most nights mid week.

"I am grateful you think I am ready to take the trials." - Obi-wan

9. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    We can't test on the 22nd. We'll be in Edmonton.

We can test on the 29th.

~ veritate

10. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    They're calling for thunder showers tonight - early. Not sure if this will drown out our practice, but I'll still be there.

Is there an alternative meeting place? At least for the talk part of the class (tesing/demo stuff)???

11. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    At least we should all come to Riley Park first - then if the weather turns sour we can decide if we should move somewhere.

Jen

12. Manu-Forti

Manu-Forti Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    To those who are doing there written test:

Could you please drop off your test to the Academy
    on July 22 (Sat. class.)
    You don?t have to stay for that class, I just need your tests
    before the Tue. July 25 class. If you can?t drop them off
    on that Sat. please put it in the envelope (seal it) and pass it along
    to someone who will be at that class. You can also PM me and drop it off
    at my house.

Good Luck

We will go over the test together on Tue. July 25.

Please confirm that you read this with a response

MF

13. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I will drop off my test to the School Saturday morning. THX!

14. Tal-n

Tal-n Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2006
    I will be there to drop of my test on Saturday, but I have to work so I will not be staying for class :-(

15. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    Ack. I understood we had til Tuesday. Plans have been made, etc. This will stretch me kinda thin.

But like when I was a poor resident on-call all night in pediatrics, the nurses used to write in the chart when they asked me to come down and had no idea when I would be able to get there: "Resident aware."

Magpie aware.

16. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
  17. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Good Lord I just saw the posting that the test is due tommorrow..ackk. Doesn't give me much time. I understood we had until tuesday as well... this is noted however but have not had much time to spare between two jobs this week and hoped to have time this weekend. I will do my best to get this done tonight guess i 'll be cramming tonight.

18. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I am proud to have taken my level 1 Jedi Trials with my Jedi Brothers and and Sisters today.

That was awesome!

19. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    =D= Awsome work!... we can be so proud of ourselves. We worked our butts off today. It was great to do the trials with everyone and I look forward to completing my other forms. Have a great day everyone!@};-

20. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    A great day indeed.

Today does feel great.

Tomorrow may be another story.

:)

21. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    The Force is with you guys, you all deserve a pat on the back. I can't wait to get back to Calgary and back into class, though I have by no means stopped training. Hopefully I'll have at least a rough cut of my fanfilm ready to show you guys at con.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.