Syra, NY MEETING FOR FEBRUARY

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Vishnu, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Lets get some type of meeting up for mid to late February. Planning on one of last two weekends to avoid short notice and time to request off work. Also school shouldn't be a problem.

I suggest maybe, a movie, lazer tag, bowling, ice skating, ice hokey.

Im sure there more but I can't think of any right now.

Edit: Just found this out:

Noon - 2 pm; West Water Street/Clinton Square A Winterfest tradition! The teams consist of one member in a homemade sled, with the remaining members pulling the sled down one snow-filled block of West Water Street, adjacent to Clinton Square in downtown Syracuse. Adding to the visual of the event is that each team assumes a team name and then dresses according to the theme. Prizes are awarded for best time, best costumes and the most funds raised. Team feesany money raised over $150 can go to team's favorite charity. If there is an unseasonable weather, the sleds will need to be equipped with wheels. Helmets will be required for all participants. Other protective gear is suggested Sponsor: Van Slyke Trucking, Inc.; Media Sponsors: News 10 Now, Oldies WSEN 92.1FM & WFBL Talk Radio 1050AM.

For Saturday the 26th

Here's the web link

http://www.syracusewinterfest.com/index.php?module=PostCalendar&func=view&Date=20050226&tplview=default&viewtype=details&eid=164&print=
  2. Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello, are people still here? LOL I am gone for a while (lack of internet) come back and no one posts. I know, I know you all have lives; well maybe I should try and find one. LOL Any ways if we are interested in the dog sled event I need to know so I can fill out an application. If not just say the word.
  3. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    You all should hit this! Can you imagine the insanity of pulling a sled dressed in SW gear? Heh. If you had a bunch of trooper gear, have someone playing the imperial march and pulling the sled in a stately manner w/ Vader on it.

-K
  4. DarthArjuna Jedi Knight

star 5
    I probably can't go... on Saturday I'll (hopefully) be in Buffalo helping someone with a fanfilm. Looks cool though :D
  5. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dude, that'd be sweet :D

I'm totally all up for it.
  6. jackboot Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I can arange to go as jedi.
    Sorry I don't have Stormtrooper gear yet
    -c
  7. Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I will not be able to make it