Meeting for Upstate fans

Discussion in 'Greenville, SC' started by Darth_Yalc, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    We need a meeting and I thuoght either this weekend or next at Barnes and Noble in Spartanburg. Is 2:30pm ok with everyone? Lets decide on which weekend in a hurry so we can get it posted.
    Clay
    MTFBWY
  2. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    OK. This is what we are trying for. Sunday Oct. 20 at 6:30 pm at Barnes and Noble in Spartanburg. Post here if you can make it.

Thanks
    Clay
  3. DSatt57 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I should be able to make it.
  4. DarthPurr Jedi Knight

5. SithLord328 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I might make it if i can get there.
  6. ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey. I'm not sure yet on if my brother and I can go just yet. It's kinda a problem of transportation. Getting down there I don't think would be a problem, it's getting home. I maybe 19 years old, but I don't have my driver's license yet. I only have a permit. I hope to find out more soon. When I find out, I'll repost. If we can't make it to this one, we can try to make it to the next one.
  7. DarthPurr Jedi Knight

Things may be coming together. If the time is no good we can readjust it some maybe. Keep getting the word out guys.
    Melinda
    MTFBWY
  8. SithLord328 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can make it, so i'll be there. :D
  9. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    Outstanding. Sithlord, if you know anyone else who might be interested invite them. The more the merrier.
    [image=http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Wave%20Hello.gif]
  10. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    Everyone be thinking on what y'all want to discuss at the meeting this weekend. All ideas will be welcome including the meet and greet for first time deal. Lots going on around here(Spartacon, AOTC at IMAX). Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Clay
    MTFBWY
    [image=http://members.lycos.nl/smilieweb1/smilies/Geweld7.gif]
  11. SithLord328 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My brother is gonna come too, but he'll have to leave a little early to go back to USC.

BTW how long will the meeting last?
  12. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    Not real sure. No time limit I wouldn't think.
  13. DSatt57 Jedi Knight

star 1
    All of the other clubs have adopted names, we can think about that. :)
    Other ideas are:
    frequency of meetings
    do we want to plan outings

I guess we could each visit the other clubs areas to get ideas for how they are running things. The Atlanta group seems to be pretty strong.

I'm looking forward to it, guys. Would be great to have a tangable group here in the upstate. I was at the Cherrydale for the midnight showing of AOTC and there is definantly a bunch of people who love SW here. We just have to let people know we are all banding together.
  14. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    You are right about that. I have been in touch with a city rep from Virginia who had some ideas. I think this will be a very interesting and fun group.
  15. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hey gang! Here is your friendly neighborhood Regional Support Admin, stopping in to see how things are going. :)

I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I received an e-mail announcing Greenville's first meeting. I am very excited for y'all! :D

As the Southeast RSA and City Rep for Atlanta, I do have some experience in getting a FanForce chapter off the ground, so feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

A few good ideas for discussion topics have already been suggested:

*Discuss when and how often you will meet. (The Atlanta chapter meets once a month, on the third Saturday of the month. But, whatever is most convenient for your group is what you should do)

*Discuss organization: Do you want to be very organized, or just organized enough to keep things running. Studying other groups' organizational structures might help.

*Discuss what types of "fun" outings you'd like to plan. Examples are putt-putt, bowling, etc.

*Have fun. Talk about Star Wars, and life in general. Get to know each other. :)

Remember to continue to send me meeting announcements, since meetings only count toward your official total when they are announced on the FanForce website. Another suggestion: Make separate threads for each meeting and title them "Next Meeting On...", or something similar to that. That will help folks who stop in for the first time find the most recent meeting announcement easily.

Just a few humble suggestions from your RSA. I'm here to help. :)
  16. ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm still not sure about if my brother and I are coming. We might not make it.

17. DSatt57 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think once we all get to know each other, rides home will be no problem.
    I would offer now but if I were your parents, I wouldn't let you ride with some stranger either.

I hope you guys can make it,
    Donna
  18. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes, I hope you all can make it. If you can't, it's ok. I agree that rides shouldn't be a prob after everyone gets to know one another. One of the topics to discuss will be meeting times. If you can't make it Sunday because of the time, let us know what would be better and we can shoot for that the next time. Also if you guys have anything you want to bring up or suggest for the group just let us know on here if you can't make it.

MTFBWY
    Clay
  19. SithLord328 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Am I the youngest person here? I'm fourteen. How old is everyone else?
  20. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    My son will be coming Sithlord and he is 11.
  21. SithLord328 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone who has a master replicas product should bring it if they want to. I have an Anakin lightsaber and I was wondering what the other ones looked like? So if you have one, bring it if you can.

:D
  22. ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm still trying to talk my mom into it. But I'm still seriously doubting that my brother and I will get to come. I'll continue to try though.
  23. SithLord328 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, i'm going to bed, i'll check back tomarrow duting 4th period.(Comp. Tech)

;) :p
  24. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    Shiri, we are still hoping you can make it. If there is anyway we can help let us know.
    Sithlord, We might bring something for you to look at. Would you rather a saber or a blaster?
    Does anyone have a costume?
    Anticipation is building....This should be a great group.

Clay
    MTFBWY
  25. SithLord328 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It doesn't matter if its a saber or a blaster. I'll bring my saber if you want me too. I'm still getting my costume together though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.