main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA MEETING FRIDAY JUNE 17 AT DENNY'S OFF OF VAN BUREN

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    LOL wasent that just a blast?.....do you remember all the crap we used to get for it? it was great!

2. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    blasted oppm

*shakes fist*

3. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    i wasn't yelling intentionlly. my baby kicks the keybord when i nurse her.

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Vote Pedro.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Don't forget! It's tonight! :D

So far, there's going to be roughly a dozen, give or take a few people.

Harris, do you think you could call them for a heads up? I don't think we're all going to fit into one table. ;)

6. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Seroulsy we should have everyone to post pictures and real names so we know who we are looking for. We don't all know each other.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I know what Andrea, Jen, and somewhat what you look like, Anita. Just look for the chick in a Star wars shirt. ;)

8. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    If Denny's will seat groups individually as people come in (some places make you wait until the whole party arrives) perhaps we can just call in advance and ask for tables under the IEFF, then as we all get there we can simply ask for that table? We won't need to recognize everyone else that way.

9. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/Lunatik/Pics%20o%20Jenny/PhunxnLuna.jpg]

the pink and blue hair'ed gal is me though the hair has returned to it's mostly natural state of brown. :D

10. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    My picture is in my profile.

11. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Haven't seen Harris around today...I wonder if someone else should call Denny's to warn em?

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm going to try to get there early nonetheless. Harris and I are going to get a table for about 14 (better more room than too little room). :)

See you all there!

13. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    The donuts do not want to make an apperance for this meeting. :(

but they prefer large outings where parks and bbqs are involved. :p

14. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    BBQ and donuts make me happy :)

15. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    i dont know if i can make it now, i feeling worse than i did before...i am still trying but i dont know if i can just to warn you all

16. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I had a goodtime at the meeting as my oldest son Dexter.............not that his an memeber...LOL. He really likes jdijade.
    Too bad the seat thing was a mess.
    :)

17. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Mike and I had a great time and it was nice to put names to faces! True, seating ended up being so that I didn't get to chat face to face with everyone as much as I'd have liked to. Good thing is, there will be more opportunities! (soon I hope!)

Speaking of names with faces...who was that who ate alone at another table and came over to talk to Rachel later on? Never introduced himself to the group. Was that Arman?

Here's a couple photos Mike took:

http://www.lisalogan.net/dennys1.jpg
    http://www.lisalogan.net/dennys2.jpg

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yep, that was Armand.

Well guys, thanks for coming! I had fun tonight! :D

Meeting Minutes

*Candlelighter's Walk & the Susan Kolman Breast Cancer Walk
    - We're waiting to hear back from both to see about costuming/regestration. Once the representatives get back to us, we will plan more. :)

*4th (3rd) of July BBQ
    - Since most of us have plans for the 4th of July, possibly a BBQ in Yucaipa just to hang out/have fun. Not set in stone, still up for planning.

*Next Meeting
    - Still not planned. Either to be held at the IE group breakfast/lunch/dinner at Comic Con, or a possible pre-Con Costuming/prop workshop.

That was basically all that was discussed. I had a really great time just sitting back and chatting with everyone. :D

19. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Yup, that was me. Everybody had already started by the time I arrived, and with food such a big part of my life, I figured I'd have supper before schmoozing. I heard the meeting and all the talk. Didn't have anything to share, so just listened and watched. I learn more that way.

I held my usual court outside in the parking lot afterwards. It's tradition for me.

20. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Thought so. Very James Bond. Funny the folks who knew you didn't notice you sitting there all that time! [face_thinking]

21. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    [face_thinking] As former Marines both Jimmy and I noticed someone paying a little too much attention for an outsider..;)

22. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    :_| i wanted to be there so bad! :_|

Well i did get the registration packet yesterday for the Candlelighters walk, and we are welcome to wear costumes at a after party they are having just not during the walk and also we have been invited to a pumpkin patch on Oct. 15 and again we are welcome to wear our coustumes, the only stipulations on our costumes is no masks and no lightsabers....so let me know how many of you actually want to do this or even can.

23. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Oo-Rah!

Well, I wasn't "hiding" or in disguise or anything :-B :cool: [face_monkey] . It only looked like I was paying attention because I was paying attention. Maybe the giveaway was when I got there and walked into the dining area and looked around. Maybe when I obviously requested a table right next to yours. Or it could have been when the saucy hostess (5'4" 160) sat me and kept looking at your table saying in her loud voice "I think so, yes...yes, that's them....yes." [face_thinking] :D

Btw, did you happen to notice those two dudes(5'9" 200, 5'7" 155) a table over? They were so beligerent at one of the hostesses (5'8" 165), that she almost cried and eventually had to take their order instead of a waitress. I was getting a bit upset at that point, but she handled it ok. I thought it was weird that the first time she went to that table she was wearing glasses, then never had them on after that.

A disproportionate amount of LE [face_flag] presence there. Some only coming in, chatting a bit with an employee or two, and leaving. Some eating. That's a pretty good thing to have. It assures folks who want a nice quiet meal that nobody will be raising caine and disturbing them.

Harris will accept any donations of bacon that nobody wants, but didn't seem enthusiastic about the mac-n-cheese.

That was a good meeting. Nice venue for it, centralized, safe and convenient. After the initial awkward, uncomfortable minutes of meeting new people and "wondering", everything settled down into a friendly gathering for the most part. At least that's what I observed. 'Course, I'm not really good at noticing things. 8-}

24. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Sounds like it all went well. Hopefully I can make the next one.

25. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I dont see what height and weight has to do with anything? what is LE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.