main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Meeting Idea Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Crazed_Ewok, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    How about this...instead of making individual threads for each meeting and trying to think of ideas for it there, how about we put a bunch of ideas in here, and then when the time comes for the next meeting, a thread can be made using an idea from this thread (think of it like this...you put a bunch of things into a barrel...and you pull out the one that everyone likes best)...

Then, in the seperate thread, the meeting's smaller details (like what date and such) will be decided...

(If some people still don't understand, think of it like this: People suggest these ideas: "Meet at a bookstore", "Go out to eat" and "Go to a mall"...everyone likes "Go to a mall" the best, so then another thread is created for the "Going to the mall" meeting...then, the date when it will be held is decided! get it? :D )

I ran this idea through Han, and she approved of it for the most part, so let's start throwing out ideas! :)

2. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea, here are some of my suggestions:
    -Go to movies
    -Play videogames @some1's house
    -Go to mall
    -visit local conventions

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice ideas, Bryan! I especially like the mall and convention ideas. Maybe we could have a collecting outting sometime where we'll go around local stores. Also, if a convention pops up close by, we could try to attend.

I want to throw out some ideas here...how about taking a trip to the PA Ren Faire or Hershey Park or Dorney Park this summer?

EDIT: I may have found a convention we could go to. It's gonna be held in Philly. Click here for more details.

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  4. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I like the Dorney idea :D

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I knew you'd like Dorney. ;)

Here's another idea that was brought to my attention by Jedi_Satimber from the New Jersey Order. They are trying to get a table for everyone in this area(including Lancaster, KoP etc.) to attend Shore Con. I will post more details as they come available. But in the mean time, what do you guys think?

6. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    PA Ren fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm, that shore con idea sounds cool too, do they have a date set yet?

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, Wesmin! I was leaning toward either the PA Ren Faire or Shore Con myself. ;)

8. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey, I have a real cool restaurant to go to...Don Pablos...it's in Allentown, so it's pretty close to Bryan...it's Mexican...what do you think?

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...I'm not too fond of Mexican food. But, I am looking to hold the next meeting maybe somewhere closer to Kutztown, if not in Kutztown itself.

10. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    That's a lie and you know it...I see your face when it's taco night at my house and you're there for some reason :p

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    No, actually it's not a lie. I'm really not too fond of Mexican food...besides tacos. And even then, restaurants like that usually don't make them like I like to eat them. *shrugs*

12. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Then just get tacos :p and they don't have any crap like onions or tomatoes in them if you ask them not to put it on ;)

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm giving this a bump since I think it's time for another meeting. Where is everybody? It seems like we become offical and then everyone leaves! What's up with that? I think we need to do some advertising. ;)

14. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I move we go see PotC again for the 3rd time! :p

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...seeing PotC again? That doesn't sound like a bad idea... :D

16. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    And I already have a ticket! YA! :D It was in the box for PotC's game :)

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alrighty then...is everyone else up for another showing of PotC?

18. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    Not really, I mean it was nice to see once as a group, but it's not the type of movie I'd like to see massive amounts of times, like SW or LotR :-D

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alrighty, then how about dinner or lunch together? Or maybe even a collecting outting. :D

BTW, Crazed...we'll go see the movie again by ourselves. ;)

20. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...maybe I should list the ideas that have been put in this thread so far?

@Han :)

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I think we should look at out options here and pick the ones that will be most probable in a short amount of time. I want to hold a meeting in August before school starts up again. So, I was thinking:

-restaurant
    -book store
    -BBQ/picnic

I wanna stay away from the movies this meeting since we did this twice already in the past two months.

22. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    The bookstore would be the best, I think...that way we don't have to spend any money except for the price of gas to get there and if we buy books of our own will :p

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Not really, Crazed. When I say bookstore, I mean in the cafe at the bookstore. So, unless you go to a cafe and don't eat anything, I think you'll be buying something. :p

24. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    That's not always the case with bookstore meetings ;) (you KNOW what I mean :p )

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just work with me here, Crazed :p

Anyway, let's get this thing moving. We WILL have an August meeting. We just need to get a location. Which of the above choices will it be?

EDIT: Also, I thought I'd throw this out here. Syracuse was planning a NE regional softball tournament and it was mentioned that we hook up with chapters in the area(preferably King of Prussia or NJO) to create a team. We will then go up one weekend to Syracuse to play a game against them. Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.