Read, PA Meeting Idea Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Crazed_Ewok, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Well, there's not too many Sundays left in this month, so that should be okay.

As for June 13 - that could work out. Something's telling me I have to do something on that day, though. I'll get back to you.
  2. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    *after looking at the calander* The first Sunday of June I'm also gonna be busy
  3. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    This is not intended to offend anyone, but I was wondering how the fact that there are minors in this FF is handled? Does a parent come along or what? I am in no way trying to exclude anyone, just curious.
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    This is not intended to offend anyone, but I was wondering how the fact that there are minors in this FF is handled? Does a parent come along or what? I am in no way trying to exclude anyone, just curious.

As of right now, there is no clear rule on this. The way I see it is if the parent finds it okay that their child can be out there meeting other Star Wars fans off the internet, then fine with them. If not, then the parent is more then welcome to attend meetings.

We never had too much of a problem with this in the past since most of our members right now are 18 or older.
  5. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    We've never had any problem :p
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    We've never had any problem

Yes, and I'm hoping to keep it that way. :)
  7. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, so are we any closer to setting a date for June?
  8. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, so maybe not Sundays. How are Saturdays? Weekends be free for me, and Friday's after 5. (anticipating my summer college schedule)
  9. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought Sundays were still good, just not for the next 2 weeks.
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    As of right now, Fridays and Saturdays are out for me. Those are 2 of the 3 days my jerk of a boss has me scheduled for at the moment. Unless something changes, I'm busy on those days for a long time.

And going back to the question of June 13th - that's out. I just found out I have some retarded family gathering to go to which I'm dreading. I really hate those things...
  11. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Saturdays aren't good for me. and I feel your pain, Han, I have to go to it too.
  12. Seph_Terien Jedi Knight

Monday - Thursdays are my only free days and even then it can be sketchy depending on my workload, but I can usually work around it. I will be at the air show in Reading this coming Sunday (6/6).
  13. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, Seph, would you like to meet at the air show? It's been a few years since I went, and I was thinking about going this year.
  14. Seph_Terien Jedi Knight

yeah, sounds cool. Been a few years since I was there myself.

Kinda bummed though, the Capt of the B-17 Memphis Belle (who made regular appearances at the Reading show) passed on last month, complications due to an injury he received from a fall at an airshow he was attending in April.

But anywho... yeah, I won't get there till around 11 or 12. You can reach me through AIM at BGfromYH or on MSN at bgfromyh@hotmail.com.
  15. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yea, I think I remember seeing him there when I was there about two years ago.
  16. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fin'A, that's what I missed all those years of not going. And to think I hadn't even heard of him passing. Sad what they did to the Belle, though. Her resting days are in an amusement park in the land of Dixie, rather than flying with an air show.
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Just giving this thread a bump to announce that we will be having a meeting at the end of August/beginning of September. A sort of "farewell to summer" thing. At the moment, a date and place are still up in the air, but I'm working on that and if you have any ideas, drop on in.

I have a list of things that I want to address at this meeting:

-C3 (hotel accomedations, possible bus trip and numbers)
    -possible name change
    -advertising, t-shirts
    -the future of the group and the possibility of scheduling monthly meetings
    -progress on the website

If anything wishes to add anything to that list, please let me know. :)
  18. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, it's almost the end of the month and... nothing. How's like, Denny's at 3 am during the weekend? I'm sure we could get one of the big booths then.

No, seriously... is there anything going on with this?
  19. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I'm trying to get something together, but everytime I post something, no one responds. So, I don't know what's up. I hate to see this group die so how about we make a date for a meeting.

How does Thursday, September 2nd sound? If we agree onthe date, we'll think of a place to go.
  20. AcidMage Jedi Padawan

I don't know about meetings right now. I don't really have the time to put in a noticable effort.

I don't follow SW that much; except for the movies and Thrawn trilogy (maybe some dark empire).

If it's on the MB, I am up for some RPGing. I can check up on it every two/three days that way.

We'll see what works.

If I can contribute to keep the Reading chapter alive, I'll do what I can.
  21. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I won't be able to attend any meeting on that date. My classes start and I'll be unavailable all day Tuesday/ Thursday until 9 pm.
  22. jedimasterbryan Jedi Master

star 1
    i could probably make a september 2nd meeting if it was in kutztown.
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    So far we have one for this date and another that can't make it. We'll see if anyone else chimes in and we'll make a decision from there.
  24. jedimasterbryan Jedi Master

star 1
    ok, just to let you all know though i'll only be here for another 2 weeks, then i leave for NAVY boot camp. SO if you don't here from me thats why. I'll probably try and stop by the forums after i'm out though
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks for the update, Bryan. Hopefully we'll have something together before then. I'm trying hard right now to get something off the ground. If we don't have a meeting before then, good luck in the Navy. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.