main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Meeting Idea Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Crazed_Ewok, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    We can't just do all fun stuff. We need some charity events in there too.

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    But it has nothing to do with SW in any way...I think it's a weird idea for a SW FF...

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    If you think about it, going out to eat, seeing a movie and going to a bookstore cafe have nothing to do with Star Wars either. What we're trying to do is get involved in the community and doing charity work is a way to do this.

4. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Actually, going to a bookstore is involved with SW since there are books about SW there ;)

5. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, here's the deal:

Since we are having too much controversey over doing this charity event, I'm gonna push it aside for now and bring up something else.

We will be holding a meeting here in Kutztown sometime soon and watch the entire Star Wars Trilogy on the big screen. (if we can find one) I want to maybe make this into a sleep over/cook out or something. What do you guys think?

6. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    I was thinking if someone has a VCR, there's a big screen in Beck Hall's lounge. Maybe I can talk to a CA to reserve it for a night. There's a kitchen area down there too. Any other ideas?

Also, if anyone has SW related games like Trivial Pursuit or something else, I left all of my stuff like that at home.

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    You guys up at Kutztown might as well just do this meeting yourself...I doubt I'll be able to

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I've got a VCR/DVD player that I might be able to bring over to Beck. Reserving the lounge for the night might be a good idea...hopefully they will allow it.

I also have Trivial Pursuit and Star Wars Monopoly here at my house, I might be able to bring it up to campus when we have the meeting.

And, on a final note, if you know of any other Star Wars fans on campus, feel free to ask them to drop by the forum or attend the meeting.

9. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    Well, I was thinking maybe we could make some fliers advertising the SW night in Beck lounge, and make some new members maybe. Offer the movies, games and food. I wouldn't mind pitching in for chips and whatnot. Or we don't even have to offer food if we don't want.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I like the flyer idea. I could possibly throw together something in Photoshop and make copies of those.

And about the food, I don't mind pitching in for that either. I'm up for that.

11. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    sounds like a good idea, i don't know if my dad would let me do a whole nighter up there at the university but i might be bale to make an appearance depending on the time

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's alright, Bryan. We would just like to see you there, you don't have to stay all night.

We're trying to get a big screen TV and set a date, so keep watching this space. :p

13. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    Is a Friday maybe good? I know most kids are looking for something to do, and are bored out of their skulls on Fridays. Maybe like, 8 or 9 PM Friday night?

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I won't be able to Friday night...I work and have to head home.

15. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    I didn't mean this Friday. I meant any Friday. Is that any good?

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, sorry...I thought you meant this coming Friday.

Yea, that could work. We'll need to settle on a date, though so I have enough time to warn my boss.

17. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah we just have to set a dat in advance, some fridays i work and some i have to go to football games with my marching band.

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, we're gonna try our best to get a date down.

Just one question: will we be able to hold this on campus overnight since they only allow same sex sleep overs. We would need to find a place where we can all go.

And, who knows...if this meeting is successful, maybe we'll make it an annual thing. ;)

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alright guys...since it seems that this topic is dying...I'm gonna go ahead and check the calender and list possible dates in a little bit.

20. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey, I just thought of something...

For four days starting on Thursday the 2nd, the Octoberfest is gonna be held...it's a big thing with German stuff...I'm not sure where it's actually being held, but I thought it would be a nice idea to mention, though it's a bit short notice

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Um...don't you mean Thursday the 2nd? Today is Wednesday and it's the 1st today. :p

Anyway, not a bad idea. It would be nice to get the group out somewhere fun. Shocktober Fest or something like that would be good too.

22. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Err--yes...Thursday...sorry :p *corrects post*

23. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    well it's the 5th now, so that date is over with. As for a meeting... chris if your planing on coming into the dorms you need an ID with you if it's after 8pm.

Edit: Acully everyone who isn't a current student will.

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    We probably won't have the meeting in the dorms. That will be too much hassle on people who are not KU students. The meeting will most likely be on main street or a location that is fairly close to Kutztown.

25. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    ...and is there a large TV on main street? Anywho, I just want to know if the people who arn't KU students do have ID, any ID works, school ID's, job ID's...and if someone doesn't have one speak up and we could have the meeting in OM concourse maybe and just talk about what to do in the future, and play SW monopoly or trivia or some sutch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.