main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Meeting Idea Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Crazed_Ewok, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I can understand that. My dad gave me the same slack about seeing Episode II more than once.

Hmm...I'm trying to think of some suggestions here.

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...I can't think of anything :(

3. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    *runs in and whacks everyone over the head with a hammer* Wake up!

Come on, guys, we gotta get something figured out here

4. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    hey all.. not to be weird.. but why not just go hang out and have the meeting at a diner?

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Dinners are always good too. What do you fine people think?

6. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I don't know...what happened to bryan and Wesmin?

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wesmin comes and goes as he pleases. He's probably busy with other things. As for Bryan, I haven't heard from him lately.

8. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah maybe meeting for a meal or something would be cool

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Well, guys, if we meet for a meal, why not just go to the movie?

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That could possibly work. It will be just like the other dinner/movie meetings we've had over the past year. Let me know and then we'll set a date.

11. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    any day except Wensdays I can make

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alright...um, Wed. are a no go.

And I assume the movie everyone wants to see is Return of the King? Correct? Would you want to make this meeting before Christmas or after? Either way, I was thinking we could do the gift exchange again.

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Dang, seeing all these advertisements for RotK on TV is really driving me crazy! I really, really want to go to the midnight showing tonight. But, I'm almost positive that's not gonna happen.

Anyone else as excited as me for this movie? It's like a new Star Wars movie for me! I can't wait to see it!

14. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Me too...but I'm kind of sad...it's going to be the last one...then I think about E3...and how that's gonna be the last one (we think ;) ) and then I get sad..*cries*

Who knows, maybe you and I could just get together, spur of the moment, and go see it :p

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...spur of the moment, I like that. :p But still, being out till 3-3:30 in the morning? I'm not sure....

*thinks about what Crazed said about the last films and cries* No! This is truely a sad time. :p

16. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Meh, true :p

I know! :(

AGH! Speak of the devil, RotK commercial! YA!

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...alright, it seems that we are all hyped up for this movie, so let's make a date.

Alright...Wednesdays are out and I usually work on Sundays, so they are out. Shout out days that would work for everyone.

18. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Maybe this Monday or this Saturday

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    So, you would rather do it before Christmas?

Hmm...either day might be good. I'll get back to you.

20. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Well, we'll have to decide soon, or we'd probably have to do it after Christmas ;)

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alright, guys...here's the scoop:

We're gonna have to hold this after Christmas. As we all know, Christmas is only two days away and there's no way I will be around to do a meeting tomorrow or Thursday.

So, what I'm gonna ask you, what theater in the area would you rather go to? Fairgrounds, Carmike (Wyomissing) or Boscov's East in Exeter? I'm leaning more toward Fairgrounds only because of us eating beforehand and as we all know, there are plenty of places to eat in the mall.

22. Pous_Eldoon

Pous_Eldoon Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    I vote Fairgrounds! I don't even know where the other one you said is, remember I'm not in Reading. Besides, I think it would be a good idea since if we do watch a movie, before or after we can wander aimlessly through the mall. But then again, like I said in the other thread, I'm not even sure I can make a meeting before New Years. Meh, you at least have to give me an A for effort. :D

23. Seph_Terien

Seph_Terien Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    The Carmike is right behind BestBuy/Home Depo in West Reading/Wyomissing near the Berkshire Mall. Kinda has a retro 60's/Jetsons look on the outside. Inside doesn't exactly blow you away, but it's a very nice and comfortable theatre (reclining seats..WooHoo!!).

The newly remodeled theatre in Fairgrounds I haven't seen yet (Boscov's East), but I have a friend who was there recently and said it was nice.

I really really want to see ROTK, but have been unfortuantely busy with all sorts of work.

Fridays and Saturdays are out for me to do anything until after February, and Sundays I usually get home from work around 7pm and till I get cleaned up and get to Reading it's 8pm. Other then that, any day during the week, and any times during Monday through Thursday is fine for me.

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I was planning to do this during the week anyway, not as many crowds.

The Fairgrounds is a nice theater and they provide an intermission for RotK (and believe me, you'll need it). I also like the idea of roaming the mall before or after. As for places to eat, I know they have Your Place, Taco something or other, Shapiro Pizza, Arby's and that chicken place. I also believe there is a Chef Allen's over there.

25. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    (reclining seats..WooHoo!!).
    [face_laugh] Han and I had so much fun in those! :p

I vote Fairgrounds also...it's more convient there...it's not too hard to find something to eat, and it's a nice theater in a convient location.

(and believe me, you'll need it).

Oh, yes...the last hour I was in pain because I needed a trip to the restroom really bad :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.