Read, PA Meeting Idea Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Crazed_Ewok, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Like I said, just throwing some ideas out there so we can get ourselves back off the ground. And we need to hold a meeting.
  2. Seph_Terien Jedi Knight

Would love to go to it but unfortunately I won't be available that weekend :(
  3. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    LOL!!! [face_laugh] That's great, Crazed!

I just wish we would have some more activity. And we will hold a meeting if I can ever get a free day off of work. *sighs*
  5. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Glad you liked it :D

Come on, guys, we're dying...even if we don't have a date yet, we have to get some kind of meeting discussion going
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    What Crazed said :p

Oh, and I have yet another convention to throw out. There is going to be some kind of convention in Philly in August. Now, I'm not sure of the details yet, but I'll get back to you when I do.
  7. Seph_Terien Jedi Knight

look at your calanders, pick a night... say 3 weeks from now, request whatever night off possible or see if you can switch with someone at work or whatever, decide on some centralized location, mabe some of us can pick uothers up along the way, and schedule a meeting.

Just an idea, but if you plan it far enough in advance, maybe we can make something happen. I can always drive to reading, pick someone up and then head to kutztown for a meeting, or vise versa, whatever.

Maybe even send an email out to those who are memebrs of RRS, let them know what's up, what's being planned for a meeting, etc. Have to do something to keep the club alive, and though a message board is all well and good, there are other options.

I have an idea that may help us get known as a club and get the word out to others that I would be glad to talk about at a meeting.

-Seph
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks for the advice, Seph! :)

I've been trying to get off Friday nights for the past 3 weeks, but my boss is such an arse that I can't get anything through his thick head. I'm seriously thinking about quitting or something because between school and work, I have no time to myself anymore.

Anyway, I think I may start a newsletter to keep people up to date. I like that idea and I think it will help keep the members together. I might also just make a date, because like the others, I'm sick of waiting around for some free time to come up.
  9. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Good news, guys! I am going to put together a meeting for next week since I finally have some free time with Spring Break. It will probably only be a small meet like going to dinner or to a movie or something, but it's going to happen.

I don't know what really interests you guys, but I was thinking something along the lines of The Old Country Buffet, The Works, Mimmo's or one of the other restaurants located around the Berkshire Mall area. Let me know of any other place that suits your fancy or movie that you would like to see. Also, provide a day that would work best for you.
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I see this got a big repsonse...oh well...

Anyway, I was thinking about going to see ROTK tomorrow or Friday. The showtimes tomorrow are 2:20 and 7:00 at the Fairgrounds Cinema Center. I'm not sure exactly what time yet, but I'll get back to you so we can get a meeting place.
  11. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, we saw the movie...and we weren't in pain the last hour, eh Han? :p
  12. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Sorry about not posting anymore about this. We did decide to go, but I wasn't home or around my computer to post the final arrangements and I apologize for that.

And yes, for once we were smart and remembered to use the bathroom before seeing the movie. :p
  13. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    High on the hills was a lonely goatherd, hey-dee-ho-do-hey-dee-ho-do-hey-hee-ho....
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Um, what the hell was that?

Are you trying to scare everyone away by doing that? :p
  15. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, I'm trying to ressurect this thread :p
  16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Ah-ha...I see.

So, guys--is anyone up to do something?
  17. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a good meeting idea...why don't you guys come down here to York and we'll have a meeting and my FF can become official and then I can have more time to get people around here to realize that there is a need for a group like us? What do ya'll think? :)
  18. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Sounds like a good idea to me, Rebel_Spook. Do you have anything in mind? I'm not too familiar with the York area.
  19. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I had meant to be facetious, but if you all are up for it, I'm game. As for York, there isn't much in York that is really good for meetings, Lancaster would be a better area to have it. There are a plethora of restaurants that would provide for groups small and large.
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Ah-ha--I must look really stupid right now, but I'm desperate to get a meeting going.

I'm more familiar with the Lancaster area and if you're speaking of near Park City, then agree that there are a lot of good restaurants around there.
  21. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    No, you look neither stupid nor desperate. I fully understand about wanting to get a meeting going! And yes, I was kind of referring to Park City. It is a decently centralized place that is very easy to find by major roads. If this is what you guys want to do, then it is great with me.
  22. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Just upping this to get a discussion going.

We NEED a meeting!
  23. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do we even have any members around here?
  24. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I know we have some, and a few of them have spoken with me offline about the group...but, that's about it. I have no clue what happened to everyone else, but I was thinking if we actually get something going here that maybe they'll come back now that they see that we're going to do something.

What do you think?
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    And I see that planned worked perfectly...

Anyone out there at all?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.